Napoleonic Era

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Napoleonic Era

Post by gibson »

I played a game with cedar, he was Americans and I was Swiss I believe. Is Swiss OP and American shit because I beat him easy and he's probably slightly better then I am. Even though I could only make 23 settlers I had these wagon things that made them for me and I think collected resources too.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Napoleonic Era

Post by cedarfarms »

i just downloaded it and am completely lost lol but my game wouldnt allow me to change resolution from the mininum setting so the game wouldnt fit my screen which was very awkward, and do i need to uninstall the mod or anything? will it effect Tad online at all?

and yes i just got absolutely owned as americans lol, i shipped the pilgrim shipment age 1 that costs 250 food for 4 pilgrims, so i aged at like 6 minutes and was gg.zzzzz
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Napoleonic Era

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Swiss are fucking broken and shouldn't be used competitively.
Other civs are pretty much legit tho.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Napoleonic Era

Post by yurashic »

cedarfarms wrote:i just downloaded it and am completely lost lol but my game wouldnt allow me to change resolution from the mininum setting so the game wouldnt fit my screen which was very awkward, and do i need to uninstall the mod or anything? will it effect Tad online at all?

and yes i just got absolutely owned as americans lol, i shipped the pilgrim shipment age 1 that costs 250 food for 4 pilgrims, so i aged at like 6 minutes and was gg.zzzzz

You should have 2 launchers - normal game and NE. You can''t launch them together but can play them like different games.

Swiss are unbeatable in sup don''t play against them unless it is mirror.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Re: Napoleonic Era

Post by noissance »

Any updates on napoleonic era? I noticed the website is no more.
Error 404: Signature not found
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Ah hey there, I just saw there was a new post here and mistakenly considered this to be a new thread, so I started responding to the first messages :uglylol:

Since I already wrote some lengthy answers, I think you'll not mind me to still post them. :mrgreen:

Everyone not responding to any of these things below, please use this topic: viewtopic.php?p=205056

janphilippr wrote:I'm baffled that there are so few people actually playing Napoleonic Era online although it's such a great mod. I don't exactly know how balanced NE is,mainly because I didn't get to play it that much, but sometimes I even ask myself why not the whole community has got it installed.

It adds so much variety to the game with so many new Civs that are available.

Does anyone know why it isn't that popular or why the biggest AOE 3 community Forum doesn't care that much about it? :angryapple:

Good ol' Ivan wrote:Verdict is the TAD community is small as it is, plus very few people know about NE. So for most its not even worth the effort.

Actually NE is next to WoL one of the most popular AoE3 mods ever (and NE has been popular for longer in total). But the reason why there's not much talk about NE right now is because there hasn't been a NE release for ~2 years by now. That means no release/promo campaigns or other events, because I want and need to focus on the mod. Be sure that, once NE 2.2 is out you'll see it'll be worth again to check who's playing NE or has heard of it. ;)

It's pretty cool and fun, but indeed it's hard to balance a game with 21 unique civs, each one with so many differences and unique bonuses/techs. As much as they try to balance it, NE is even more unbalanced than TAD.

That's is true, and if you read the release notes of the latest NE releases you might have noticed that I have started to take action against these imbalances. NE 2.2 will be the next level for NE in every regard, so also balance.
These obvious imbalances in NE 2.1.7b are one major reason why I have not been promoting or pushing NE after I did notable progress with balance for the next version. It's a bit of a dilemma for me, that I've grown so aware of these imbalances - and already fixed them in my internal version - but can't release these fixes, because so many other aspects of the mod still need critical fixes. But even having said that, I would still regard NE to belong to the (if not the) most balanced mods of all the major theme mods around. Another theme mod like WoL has over 40 civs (!) and the level of differences between their civs are a lot larger than in NE. You could try to balance a mod like that, but if you were to take it seriously I guess you wouldn't be done before 2025. Plus I'm very certain it'd require a series of complete civ overhauls since many imbalances in very unique civs usually stem from mechanic imbalances (meaning the concepts are OP and cannot be fixed like an OP unit with quick number tweaks).