Scenario Help

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

Guys, does somebody of you knows how to limit the population in scenarious when you have auto unit spawn enabled?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

Is somebody reading this?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Scenario Help

Post by pecelot »

Yes.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

pecelot wrote:Yes.
and is somebody answering the question?

-I will help you:

NO
No Flag Jocroy
Musketeer

Scenario Help

Post by Jocroy »

There is a condition named "Player Population" to check the population limit that you can add to your spawn trigger.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

jocroy wrote:There is a condition named "Player Population" to check the population limit that you can add to your spawn trigger.
If i add it to player 0 will it count for all or i need to add it 8 civilisations by 8 players = 64 times? :(
No Flag Jocroy
Musketeer

Scenario Help

Post by Jocroy »

I think you need to add it 64 times then, the main drawback of the AoE3 scenario editor... There may be a better way with custom triggers or an intelligent trigger design, but it will not be easier.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

jocroy wrote:I think you need to add it 64 times then, the main drawback of the AoE3 scenario editor... There may be a better way with custom triggers or an intelligent trigger design, but it will not be easier.
ah, man :surprised:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Scenario Help

Post by EAGLEMUT »

thebritish wrote:
jocroy wrote:I think you need to add it 64 times then, the main drawback of the AoE3 scenario editor... There may be a better way with custom triggers or an intelligent trigger design, but it will not be easier.
ah, man :surprised:
I know the pop cap works in some/most coliseums, might be worth to take a look how its done.
Do I understand correctly that you have 8 spawns each player can use and all should be affected by pop cap? That should mean you already have 64 spawn triggers where you just add the condition on each of them, right? Doesnt sound that bad, but maybe I got it wrong.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Scenario Help

Post by thebritish »

eaglemut wrote:
thebritish wrote:ah, man :surprised:
I know the pop cap works in some/most coliseums, might be worth to take a look how its done.
Do I understand correctly that you have 8 spawns each player can use and all should be affected by pop cap? That should mean you already have 64 spawn triggers where you just add the condition on each of them, right? Doesnt sound that bad, but maybe I got it wrong.
as in most colloseums it is 6 players ( as because the game would lag every 10-15 seconds with 8 players) :D

now i have to do only 48, but thats not little though i could need to make 64 triggers in future :)
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Scenario Help

Post by edehollandsbrother »

Not that hard with custom triggers. You only need one effect like 'spawn unit for player'. You can incorporate the population checking inside the code.