New idea for an scenario: Age of Legends

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

Thank you for your time. I've been working on this map but my knowledge about map editor is really poor. So you can make my idea useful.It's a map based on League of Legends, so I called it 'Age of Legends'. I'm sure it has a lot of potential. Open it from the editor, IT'S NOT READY TO BE PLAYED YET. Just paste these 2 files in your scenario folder (MyDocuments/MyGames/AgeOfEmpires3/Scenario)

MAIN FEATURES:

-This map is meant to be played 4v4 nilla civs.

-No villagers (starting, made or shipped). You just get resources from buildings

-Every player has 2 factories, 1 bank,1 shrine, 1 arsenal and 1 church. Each player has a different Asian wonder aswell.If you lose a building it cannot be rebuilt.

-I set it to start at Age II (there are no Tc's, so you can't age either).

-3 splitted lanes, each one has its own buildings. I wanted to do like this so the team can't focus all its army on 1 only lane because you lose your precious buildings. You even have to protect your houses to keep your population.

-Military buildings are a rax and a stable but you can add an artillery foundry, saloon...

-I made decks for vanilla civs. No villagers or fortress/industrial cards included.

-Cows in the middle of the map, of course.

SOME PROBLEMS TO BE FIXED

-Houses don't work somehow (some bug?). They only do when I test the map from editor, not on ESO where population is 0/0.

-When playing Ports, you get a TC wagon at the start which spoils the game.

-Before game starts, p1 p2 p3 p4 must set team 1, and p5 p6 p7 p8 team 2, othewise players from the same team will spawn randomly at both sides of the map.

- IMPORTANT:I'm concerned about the posibility that everyone goes to the same lane. If that happens, then the solution would be to make this scenario 3v3. 1 player each lane. It wouldn't be difficult to do, just delete stables and raxes.

IDEAS I'M NOT ABLE TO IMPLEMENT

-At the beginning I was thinking of imitate minions from LoL (weak units like monkeys, dogs etc.)controlled by AI but I don't know how to do it. To be honest, this feature would be EPIC.

-Probably there are many things that need to be balanced: Resources, training speed, decks...

-I still don't know how to imitate the 'jungle' from LoL. Maybe with good treasures, or maybe with a lot of animals caged in walls that can be released to be tasked in shrines, Indian livestock...(to get xp).The problem is I don't want that units from different lanes can fight each other.That empty space needs to be filled.

-The scenario lacks TP's, I don't know why I didn't make a route, it's a pretty obvious thing to do.

-I think mercenaries would be cool.

So, I give you the idea and the main structure. It has no triggers except the Age 2 ones. Still everything is to be made.If you have any doubt or there's anything I can do for you my ESO name is yoqpasa.
Attachments

[The extension bak has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

AgeofLegends1.6.age3Yscn
(93.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Can you give me a description of the goal and setup of the game?
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

edeholland wrote:Can you give me a description of the goal and setup of the game?
The goal is to reach the base of your enemy and destroy their factories, and military buildings. At this point factories make a wall to separate different lanes, so if you lose one your enemy has access to other lane.

There are towers around the map, like MOBA''s. You have to defend them as well as economic buldings next to them (Banks, Asian wonders, Shrines,...)[img][/img].

Every players has a rax and a stable in each lane, so you have to task your units in 3 places at the same time, trying to balance where to invest more units.
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

What you describe sounds a lot like base defense or just a treaty game. I've never played LoL but it can't be hard to make AI-controlled monkeys. Use Army Deploy to create gaia units.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

edehollandsbrother wrote:What you describe sounds a lot like base defense or just a treaty game. I''ve never played LoL but it can''t be hard to make AI-controlled monkeys. Use Army Deploy to create gaia units.

Can gaja units attack gaja units? I mean u need 2 fractions using them...
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

good idea
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Post by alejandrote »

kingofosmane wrote:good idea
thanks!

Did anybody download the scenario?
No Flag D1A2V3E4
Crossbow

Re: New idea for an scenario: Age of Legends

Post by D1A2V3E4 »

I tried to make this but the downside of the game is that units dont have spells or abillities to cast which makes it a bit boring.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Re: New idea for an scenario: Age of Legends

Post by onfiregun17 »

D1A2V3E4 wrote:I tried to make this but the downside of the game is that units dont have spells or abillities to cast which makes it a bit boring.

You could use a similar concept to Gatling Wars where instead of a hot air balloon to blow up enemy units you would need to use hot keys. For example you press "y" to activate one of your abilities and then have a cool down for it. Just a thought.