Wars of Liberty Released!

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Wars of Liberty Released!

Post by musketeer925 »

WickedCossack wrote:Maybe it should be made more obvious on the download page that if you want to be able to run both WoL and TAD you should make a copy first.

Realistically the installer should just do it for you (asking first, of course).
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

WickedCossack wrote:Maybe it should be made more obvious on the download page that if you want to be able to run both WoL and TAD you should make a copy first.

It should be stated that it overwrites aoe3. I am not sure why it isn't. This has caused me problems as admin of the Steam group as I have quite a few players having installation problems. Even one guy last night started giving me abuse in chat, and im not even part of the modding team. I will ask if it can be changed.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Can One make a tutorial of how installato Wol whitout the problem of fuck tad folders xD plsssss. YouTube tutorial <3
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

r4go wrote:Can One make a tutorial of how installato Wol whitout the problem of fuck tad folders xD plsssss. YouTube tutorial <3

make a copy
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

lordraphael wrote:
r4go wrote:Can One make a tutorial of how installato Wol whitout the problem of fuck tad folders xD plsssss. YouTube tutorial <3

make a copy

I understand i've to make a copy. But since last time wol really fucked all my age's di files and i'm not so expert whit pc or whit english i'm asking for it xD if it Is possible guyss
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Go to either C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games (Disk install) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common (Steam install) and find the folder called Age of Empires 3.

Right click the folder called Age of Empires 3 and press copy. Then just paste it into the same location so you will have two folders in the same place: Age of Empires 3 and Age of Empires 3 - Copy. Beware it will probably take some time to copy since it is a big folder. Then rename the 2nd folder to something like "Aoe3 WoL" so you know what it is.

Then http://www.warsofliberty.com/download.html in step 4 here click the link. Download the installer and run it. Once that is done it will ask you what location would you like to install the mod to? You direct it to your renamed copy folder (Aoe3 WoL) and it will install everything that is needed on that and it will put an icon on your desktop. TAD and EP will load as per normal.

Step 5 on the previous link are patches that you need to install if you want to play with others online as they keep the game uptodate by removing bugs and fixing balance etc.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I have tried, on two separate occasions, to install this mod and failed. Both times have also required me to completely uninstall everything age of empires related, which is super annoying becuase I then have to completely remake my hotkeys, because EP flags my hotkey folder when I try to save it and put it in the new copy. Downloading and installing this mod is so unnecessarily complex, when compared to Napoleonic Era or Hundred days. Neither of those mods require a second, completely untouched Age of Empires folder, and neither require anywhere near the effort or computer knowledge I have expended trying to download Wars of Liberty, you just download, they find the folder, and merge their files and create a partitioned application that has no effect on other games. Until WoL can figure out their shit and actually make a mod that people can easily download and play, I firmly say stay away.

If anyone would like to help me with my endevours, that would be most generous, as I am attempting my third clean sweep and reinstall right now.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Greece christos
Crossbow
ESO: Christos_Giam

Post by christos »

To be brutally honest, installing our mod used to be harder in the past releases; it is much easier now, if you manage to follow the instructions. The instructions are pretty clear, and you don't need to be a nuclear scientist to understand and follow them. Now, if somebody doesn't manage to follow them, it's not entirely our fault; actually, it's not our fault at all.

In any case, I am willing to help you install the mod. We could do this via Discord, even though I am new to this app.
Image Member of the Wars of Liberty mod! Download the mod from our main page and check our Facebook page for news and announcements!
Greece christos
Crossbow

Post by christos »

Excuse me for the double-post; we have created a WoL Discord channel some days ago, all of you are welcome to join! We use it to discuss several things and plan games.
@Darwin_ you can find me there, if you still wish to install WoL.
@Imperial Noob we already have Polish immigrants! :biggrin:
Image Member of the Wars of Liberty mod! Download the mod from our main page and check our Facebook page for news and announcements!
Greece christos
Crossbow

Post by christos »

Triple-post: I just realized I forgot to post the link to our Discord chat, so, here it is: https://discord.gg/UvDDM
Greece christos
Crossbow

Post by christos »

Hello again! Please vote WoL for the best mod of the year on ModDB! Just follow the link below and click on "vote now"!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wars-of-liberty
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

United States of America DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Hey all! Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured it was worth announcing here that Wars of Liberty is back with a new website, among some other news!

New site is at http://aoe3wol.com. We also just announced our next patch there, which adds Malta and Italy, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

To fit the new branding, most of our social links have changed. Here's a quick rundown:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AoE3WoL
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/AoE3WoL
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ZcTchkeIipkPFHqkkcvAA
Online Group (English): https://www.facebook.com/groups/AoE3WoLOnlineEN
Online Group (Spanish): https://www.facebook.com/groups/AoE3WoLOnlineES
Online Group (Portuguese): https://www.facebook.com/groups/250212538706731
Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AoE3WoL
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/UrcS3Nt

Be sure to check out that new site and the patch preview, and feel free to discuss or ask any questions you have here!
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Nice work modders! This should be made into expansion pack! that's the quality it has!
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

WoL still doesn't have its own files that do not replace original files :|
Poland mareko1
Crossbow
ESO: RadooKami

Post by mareko1 »

Hey
Do you know how to download this mod. Website doesn`t work.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:WoL still doesn't have its own files that do not replace original files :|

The reason this has never been undertaken is that it is such a large mod, which so much already in place by the time this was a feasible solution, that it would be a large amount of work to migrate it too this sort of mod. For example, many files in the art folder replaces animfiles, etc, by using the same name. Every one of those would have to be moved and the protoy modified for each protounit.

It could be done, but people who volunteer on mod development are generally more interested in working on something that they get to see in-game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Perhaps a workaround solution would be for the WoL installer to automatically make a copy of the original folder and install there, at least so its default behavior isn't to completely break the existing game installation. Just throwing this idea in, not sure how feasible it is.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Perhaps a workaround solution would be for the WoL installer to automatically make a copy of the original folder and install there, at least so its default behavior isn't to completely break the existing game installation. Just throwing this idea in, not sure how feasible it is.

If some ppl have the steam and normal install I don't see why this wouldn't work by default.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Perhaps a workaround solution would be for the WoL installer to automatically make a copy of the original folder and install there, at least so its default behavior isn't to completely break the existing game installation. Just throwing this idea in, not sure how feasible it is.

Yeah, the installer we had for some time did this but it was over engineered and quite buggy (I wrote it) and eventually scrapped. The replacement is much more reliable, but lacks these features.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

musketeer925 wrote:The reason this has never been undertaken is that it is such a large mod, which so much already in place by the time this was a feasible solution, that it would be a large amount of work to migrate it too this sort of mod. For example, many files in the art folder replaces animfiles, etc, by using the same name. Every one of those would have to be moved and the protoy modified for each protounit.

It could be done, but people who volunteer on mod development are generally more interested in working on something that they get to see in-game.

It's not the right way to do it. You are not needed to modify each proto unit.
Mexico Kikematamitos
Musketeer
ESO: Kikematamitos

Post by Kikematamitos »

We have a Steam group join us, for find players.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Kikematamitos wrote:We have a Steam group join us, for find players.

For find players we need for find the group