Wars of Liberty Released!

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher

Re: Wars of Liberty Released!

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Lol, let me attempt to help Kikematamitos out.

If you're looking for a WoL match, you should be able to find one in one of these locations:

Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/UrcS3Nt

Steam Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AoE3WoL

Facebook Groups
English - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AoE3WoLOnlineEN
Spanish - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AoE3WoLOnlineES
Portuguese - https://www.facebook.com/groups/250212538706731

After you've finished a match, please fill out this form to let us know how it went!
And if you encounter an Out-Of-Sync (OOS) error, please fill out this form to give use more information.

Thanks!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I will get this game, when it is as easy as ep to download. Why is it so hard to do it anyways? I really would like id, but will not risk it ruining my main game
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

As far as I know both installers are pretty much the same, but you are correct that you need to make a copy of your game directory if you don't want to overwrite it.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

DayoftheNinja wrote:As far as I know both installers are pretty much the same, but you are correct that you need to make a copy of your game directory if you don't want to overwrite it.

honestly I don't know why you guys don't make "Copy my game" a box to check in the installer (checked by default). 99% of people want that.
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

We've discussed it and hope to include it in the future, we're just a busy group of dudes.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

DayoftheNinja wrote:We've discussed it and hope to include it in the future, we're just a busy group of dudes.

Cool, I was thinking that sometime in the past when I asked about it, I got a "no" sort of answer. Happy to hear it's in the plan!
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Yep, Daniel's just the only one with any sort of experience in that regard on our team right now, so it takes time for him to get through the backlog of features we want.

Also, I hadn't realized we didn't think to post anything on ESOC, but it's the ModDB Mod of the Year awards right now and you guys should definitely vote to nominate your favorite Age mods! Obviously I'm biased towards one in particular, but here's a link to all current AoE3 mods so you can make your own decisions - any publicity helps grow the playerbase (and you can vote for multiple mods)! Voting ends in 8 hours, so be sure to cast your votes while you still can!
Greece christos
Crossbow
ESO: Christos_Giam

Post by christos »

Hey everyone! Thanks to your support, for the second year in a row Wars of Liberty is the highest ranked mod for an Age game! But the race isn't over yet. Please visit the link below and vote for us one more time to help us represent the Age of Empires series and push our ranking even further ahead! Thank you!
http://www.moddb.com/groups/2017-mod-of ... #vote23563
Image Member of the Wars of Liberty mod! Download the mod from our main page and check our Facebook page for news and announcements!
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Top 100 again, second year in a row. Nice work again .
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Wars of Liberty has won 9th place out of 31,577 mods in ModDB's Mod of the Year Awards! HUGE shoutout to all of our fans and especially everyone that voted! We couldn't be here without all of your insane support!

The entire AoE series even got a shoutout from ModDB! Thanks, everyone!
No Flag Ivan the 2nd
Crossbow
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Ivan the 2nd »

I just came to the site and saw the WoL announcement. I thought your mod looked cool and decided to check it out.
Okay so my first issue was that I couldn't change anything about the goddamn graphics. I wanted them to set at 1920*1080 but it didn't let me change it from 1200*800. I couldn't change it not even to 800*600 for some reason.
Normally I play TAD at 1920*1080.
I didn't like playing at such a low resolution, so I uninstalled WoL. And by uninstalling WoL (yes, I used the specific WoL uninstaller which was created in my AoE3 folder after I installed WoL) apparently TAD got installed too, great...
The issue maybe was that I also had NE installed, but I thought it wouldn't be a problem since NE creates another .exe and separate game folders, so I can play NE or TAD whenever I feel like it.
On second thought the issue really is your mod because I couldn't even change the god damn graphics in my game.

Great job guys, it takes you 10 years to make a mod and you still manage to fuck it up somehow.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ivan the 2nd wrote:I just came to the site and saw the WoL announcement. I thought your mod looked cool and decided to check it out.
Okay so my first issue was that I couldn't change anything about the goddamn graphics. I wanted them to set at 1920*1080 but it didn't let me change it from 1200*800. I couldn't change it not even to 800*600 for some reason.
I didn't like playing at such a low resolution, so I uninstalled WoL. And by uninstalling WoL (yes, I used the specific WoL uninstaller which was created in my AoE3 folder after I installed WoL) apparently TAD got installed too, great...
The issue maybe was that I also had NE installed, but I thought it wouldn't be a problem since NE creates another .exe and separate game folders, so I can play NE or TAD whenever I feel like it.
On second thought the issue really is your mod because I couldn't even change the god damn graphics in my game.

Great job guys, it takes you 10 years to make a mod and you still manage to fuck it up somehow.

Say it with me: "t o x i c"
No Flag Ivan the 2nd
Crossbow

Post by Ivan the 2nd »

deleted_user wrote:
Ivan the 2nd wrote:I just came to the site and saw the WoL announcement. I thought your mod looked cool and decided to check it out.

Fuck off, I was giving some feedback. Besides, they fucked up my game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ivan the 2nd wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

And now the devs have zero incentive to help you with your problems.

Say it with me: "b r a s h"
No Flag Ivan the 2nd
Crossbow

Post by Ivan the 2nd »

deleted_user wrote:
Ivan the 2nd wrote:
Show hidden quotes

And now the devs have zero incentive to help you with your problems.

Say it with me: "d u m b"

How could they possibly help me? I already know I need to reinstall my fucking game (my .exe isn't in my aoe3 folder anymore, the WoL uninstaller deleted it somehow) and it's not like I would be willing to install their mod again unless I receive feedback and they fix this shit. I'm in no hurry and I dont care about their mod/program, they do.
If anything you are the one who is being toxic and dumb. Eat a dick.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ivan the 2nd wrote:Anything you are the one who is being toxic and dumb. Eat a dick.
:hmm:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Ivan the 2nd wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

The flame is strong with this one
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

@Ivan the 2nd I don't really see the problem here. Could just reinstall your game after what happened, your hc's should still be in your eso account along with your decks. Once devs are aware of your issue, there's not much more you can do but wait. Could've ended your initial post before the "on second thought" and avoided sounding like a butthole.
De Funk
No Flag Ivan the 2nd
Crossbow

Post by Ivan the 2nd »

Hidddy_ wrote:@Ivan the 2nd I don't really see the problem here.

The problem is that I still have to reinstall the game and they still made a buggy mod even after working 10 whole years on it. How the fuck can you not see it?

Hidddy_ wrote:Could just reinstall your game after what happened, your hc's should still be in your eso account along with your decks. Once devs are aware of your issue, there's not much more you can do but wait. Could've ended your initial post before the "on second thought" and avoided sounding like a butthole

I was providing feedback. At the end I still made a more productive and well-thought post than you or the guys above. The fact that I wasn't sucking their dick in every sentence doesn't change that. I like sounding like a butthole if it's necessary.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

something something be nice to each other
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Aaanyways... Sorry to hear you had that issue. I'm not sure whether NE and WoL can function together but generally from what I hear they do not. I'm not sure which uninstaller you used, as we don't have one built in - I think you may have accidentally just uninstalled AoE3. In the future, you can install WoL into a separate folder from your game installation so no files are overwritten, and simply uninstall by deleting said folder. Hope that helps!
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

You can solve the problem with the resolution by simply clicking on "windowed mode" once, setting it to the correct resolution, and then unticking the windowed mode again. I had the same problem
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

DayoftheNinja wrote:Aaanyways... Sorry to hear you had that issue. I'm not sure whether NE and WoL can function together but generally from what I hear they do not. I'm not sure which uninstaller you used, as we don't have one built in - I think you may have accidentally just uninstalled AoE3. In the future, you can install WoL into a separate folder from your game installation so no files are overwritten, and simply uninstall by deleting said folder. Hope that helps!

So, WoL doesn't even come with an uninstaller? Why the hell not?
Man at the very least you should say something about it in the .exe so we make a different folder
I really don't think the problem was NE, as I said, NE clones the files in the very same aoe3 folder, but doesn't overrun them and neither renames them. That's how one may easily switch between NE and TAD.
Not sure how was AoE3 uninstalled though, really. I literally don't know:
After installing WoL I saw a new unins.exe in my aoe3 folder, while the other one was a NE uninstaller.
So I ran it and it uninstalled... TAD... Oh well, whatever, thanks anyway.

Jerimuno wrote:You can solve the problem with the resolution by simply clicking on "windowed mode" once, setting it to the correct resolution, and then unticking the windowed mode again. I had the same problem

This is what I wanted to hear.
Thanks.
Skirmisher

Post by DayoftheNinja »

There should be an option during install to use a separate folder, no work necessary on your end!
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

@DayoftheNinja is it possible to play as koreans? i am unable to create a korean hc ingame.
Error 404: Signature not found