UI 2.0 Update Thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: UI 2.0 Update Thread

Post by pecelot »

I noticed that in the latest Saturday Smackdown the option „Gatherers Per Resource" was not working. It was marked but still showed 0 with every resource. @Aizamk
What's more, I would suggest auto-marking „Gatherers Per Resource", „Population Graph" and „Interjection's Calculator" options at the beginning of each game. These are were useful features that are being used in almost every single obs game, so maybe just tick them automatically so that casters don't have to do that.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Be still, my beating heart.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Ok there Sting...
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

pecelot wrote:I noticed that in the latest Saturday Smackdown the option „Gatherers Per Resource" was not working. It was marked but still showed 0 with every resource. @Aizamk
What's more, I would suggest auto-marking „Gatherers Per Resource", „Population Graph" and „Interjection's Calculator" options at the beginning of each game. These are were useful features that are being used in almost every single obs game, so maybe just tick them automatically so that casters don't have to do that.

Ok so now that my exams are done I've begun resuming work on this.

From my initial tests, there is something that they did to EP that caused problems with the gatherers per resource functionality. No idea what it is, going to have to ask around.

I suspect that it has (worst case scenario) messed up the unittypeIDs or something, which is an extreme pain to get sorted out as it would affect a lot of other functionalities (especially the big techs one I've been working on). Especially since it would also require a different map for RE and EP.

I haven't really identified the cause yet, just that it works perfectly on RE and not on the latest EP. Hopefully it's not as bad as I think it is.
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Ok disaster averted, a suitable fix has been found and implemented. UnitTypeIDs in the map script will now be shifted accordingly if necessary.

However, for the time being, until 2.1 is released, UI 2.06 maps will have restricted functionality on EP. Any feature that currently relies on using a hard-coded unit type id will not work. This extends to Gatherers Per Resource, Techs on Villagers, and Camera Lock on units.
oranges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Another reason to push new 2.1 maps out :chinese:
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

UI 2.1:

1920x1080 [done]
1600x900
1280x800

State your resolution now or forever hold your peace.

[spoiler=Other stuff and future plans]Finally figured out how to fix intervention bug in the UI (I hope).
Now trying to figure out an acceptable way to process logic for shipments sent more than once. If all else fails then I shall employ the imperfect method that 1.7 used :(

Once that is sorted out then I will consider 2.1 as more or less completed as far as features go (unless someone suggests a good one), and will proceed to extend the UI to additional resolutions.

Then I intend to release a manual for all the various features, or have someone ghostwrite it for me (unlikely). This would include an appendix on how to copy paste the UI to new maps for 1v1/2v2/3v3 support.[/spoiler]
oranges.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Aizamk wrote:UI 2.1:

1920x1080 [done]
1600x900
1280x800

[spoiler=Other stuff and future plans]Finally figured out how to fix intervention bug in the UI (I hope).
Now trying to figure out an acceptable way to process logic for shipments sent more than once. If all else fails then I shall employ the imperfect method that 1.7 used :(

Once that is sorted out then I will consider 2.1 as more or less completed as far as features go (unless someone suggests a good one), and will proceed to extend the UI to additional resolutions.

Then I intend to release a manual for all the various features, or have someone ghostwrite it for me (unlikely). This would include an appendix on how to copy paste the UI to new maps for 1v1/2v2/3v3 support.[/spoiler]

1366x768 please :P
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

1920x1080 [done]
1600x900
1280x800

1680x1050 pls :p
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

MCJim wrote:

1920x1080 [done]
1600x900
1280x800

1680x1050 pls :p

2560x1440 too pls ;)
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

1366x768 is the most popular screen resolution. Just saying.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

1080p here. Don't plan to move on

We aren't hearing enough cheers for Aiz here. I want the crowd to go WILD.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Mimsy for President wrote:1366x768 is the most popular screen resolution. Just saying.

Thats the most common laptop one right?

Dunno why youd not get a pc with 1080 screen.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Jerom wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:1366x768 is the most popular screen resolution. Just saying.

Thats the most common laptop one right?

Dunno why youd not get a pc with 1080 screen.
I have both. If it's the most popular resolution then it should be considered. And same goes to 1280x800 (16:10) which is not as popular as 1280x720 (16:9)...
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Recorded a short overview of features for 2.1 over here:
https://www.twitch.tv/aiz11/v/72199096
(Thanks to Rikikipu for helping me out with the recording)

It was primarily recorded so as to serve as an introduction to jpcommunity, hence I used the jp stringtabley.xml and fonts3.xml files. The explanation is in English, however. I've been coordinating a bit with nobumanteikokuさん and hopefully I can get one unified version of maps/UI that works for both jpcommunity and everyone else.

Currently supported resolutions on this test version are:
1920x1080

1280x800
1280x768
1280x720

It takes me about 5 hrs (if not more) to update the UI per resolution, so expect things to be rather slow. I've decided against outsourcing this work to someone else due to the complexity of the task- you need to be extremely familiar with not just UI modding in general but also the UI modding specific to this UI mapset.

Next on the list will probably be 1366x768, followed by those in the 1650x1050 range.
oranges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

1600x900?
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Garja wrote:1600x900?

Probably. Planned atm are:

1366x768
1600x900
1680x1050

Unfortunately can't promise support for anything higher than 1920x1080 atm.
oranges.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

1080p should be enough. :P

Keep it up aiz!!!!!!!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Great work aiz, now Garja can finally release updated maps.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Final list of completed resolutions:

1280x720
1280x768
1280x800
1366x768
1600x900
1680x1050
1920x1080

If your resolution is not on the list then you'll just have to downscale to one of the above, sorry. It's already been quite time consuming to do each of the above over the past few days.

At this point in time all I'm doing is just polishing off some stuff and optimizing a few things (might sneak in some extra features if there's time), then it should be ready for release.
oranges.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Thanks Aizamk! :aiz: :aiz: :aiz:
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

where's the download link?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Check page 2
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

Post by iamturk »

I cant download it.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I'd recommend using a newer version of this masterpiece!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6608