UI 2.0 Update Thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

UI 2.0 Update Thread

Post by Aizamk »

IT'S HERE!!!!

...Almost.

After almost a year of development (fine, at least 90% of those months were spent doing nothing), there's finally something to show to the good citizens of ESO.

Behold the two screenshots below.

[Me:] What's that I hear you say?

[You say:] *GASP* a fully functional spectator UI that works for team games? Impossible!

[Me:] Well yes, kind sir. Sadly, you're right. It's NOT fully functional. This is an initial version for public testing, to iron out any bugs before I pile on more and more features for the final release.

... but that's why you're here, isn't it? YOU WANTED TO COME HELP ME TEST THE AWE INSPIRING SHINY NEW SPECTATOR UI DIDN'T YOU?

[You:] *nods head frantically*

[Me:] I KNEW IT! I perceive such things very well. Oh... you're wondering about installation huh? Hmm yea it's a bit complicated to do manually isn't it...

But wait.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! LUCKILY, ESO'S RESIDENT SURE-I-CAN-DO-IT-FOR-YOU PROGRAMMER HAS MADE THIS NIFTY INSTALLER!

Look at this!

[attachment id="2199"]
[UPDATED 1st November 2015]

(courtesy of @musketeer925 - he's helped out so much with this mod and many other things too, so many thanks to him!)

Just download and run the installer!* :w00t:
*[But make sure you have no pre-existing UI modifications first, please. This includes the UI 1.7 uimainnew.xml file and Ekanta's UI]

When hosting, choose the UI 2.01 Open Beta map from the list of custom maps. Observers should have the minimized UI enabled.
The base map used is the default edited Andes by RF_Gandalf made many many years ago for the AS fanpatch.

To uninstall, go to your control panel, 'Uninstall a program'and select 'Age of Empires III: Spectator UI'

[font size="2"][If you uninstalled that way with the old installer, it'll mess up your fonts- but if you do, [attachment id="2164"] is the default one that I had. You'll need to place that in Program Files/.../AoE3/FONTS ][/font]

You can still play regular games with the UI installed, but you will need to enable the maximized UI.

[You:] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verysadtomato: :verysadtomato: :verysadtomato:

[Me:] Yea, it's brilliant isn't it...

Features are in the next post.
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

UI 2.0 Open Beta is released!

Post by Aizamk »

So first of all, I will have to mention that as a beta version, it only works for 1280x800 :sadface:, which means you can only use it if you have a resolution of 1280x800 or higher. If your resolution is higher, then it will automatically put your game into windowed mode and 1280x800 when the game starts (assuming that you are observing).

Oh, also, I've taken the liberty of binding each UI observer's alt-c to show the map 'console' (not 100% functional) >':)

If you have any hotkeys bound to alt-c (e.g. cover mode) and need to use them after observing for some bizzare reason, then either go to your Hotkeys and then press OK to remap your default mapping, OR restart your game.

Features:
Ehhh there's a lot of them, why don't you test it out and find out for yourself. Will edit post when I'm not so sleepy...

You can look through the updates thread if you want, but there's also some undocumented updates that you can only find out about by using the UI.

>'RIP Tapirs though. I'm experimenting with a tapirless world, so you will start off resigned, with access to the postgame.
No more annoying the players with your idle chatter >':) MWAHAHAAHA

Partially complete:
>'In-game 'Console' (now wasn't that a fun feature for those nilla obs maps in 2013?)

To be started on and completed:
>''Find Units' functionality
>'Postgame summary of build orders
>'Hidden minigame >':) [NOT CHESS]

KKTHXGN
oranges.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

thought this was ESOC Patch Beta :(
jk
coo aiz u the cow!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Awesome! ')

all hail the big Aiz :thumbsup:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

can you put a function in it that returns the total gather rate per resource?
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

noissance wrote:can you put a function in it that returns the total gather rate per resource?
There''s a big checkbutton that says "show gatherers per resource".

Also warning to all, don''t uninstall with its uninstaller at the moment, it deletes your fonts3.xml and then you have no in-game text. :P oops..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Cow!!!!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:can you put a function in it that returns the total gather rate per resource?
No, but it''s similar to one of those resource options- you can toggle the display between Current Resources, Total Resources, Military Units Lost Cost, and Avg. Income (over the past 4 seconds). Though the Avg. Resource Income isn''t entirely accurate so I wouldn''t rely on it too much. Also as musketeer925 mentioned, you can show gatherers per resource (rice paddies will always count as food, though!).
oranges.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

WOW!!!!!! :D
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

This is a great great job. Thanks a lot aiz !
I have 2 questions :
Does it work for recorded game so ?
Is there a way to talk to players ? (maybe by the console)
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Looks amazing! Can't wait to use it, great work Aiz. I remember the good 'ol days playtesting your 2013 obs maps. You've been working on these now for the best part of a few years it seem :). Here's too another few years (maybe)
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

rikikipu wrote:This is a great great job. Thanks a lot aiz !
I have 2 questions :
Does it work for recorded game so ?
Is there a way to talk to players ? (maybe by the console)
As an initial version, sadly no it won''t work for recorded games, but that will be worked into it in the future.

Console is currently not functional, so, no: there isn''t a way to talk to players, and that likely won''t be added on. However in the future I may opt to have tapir spawns as in 1.7 if you so choose to (and you would then resign to see postgame if you wanted).
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

interjection wrote:Looks amazing! Can''t wait to use it, great work Aiz. I remember the good ''ol days playtesting your 2013 obs maps. You''ve been working on these now for the best part of a few years it seem :). Here''s too another few years (maybe)
Yessir and it can only get better from here on out >':)

Also @zutazuta.

It''s not quite smackdown-ready yet, as it only works for 1280x800 (unless of course you''re willing to stream in that quality and aspect ratio).

I''ve also recorded a short stream at http://www.twitch.tv/aiz11/v/22361316 so you can have a look at some of the features.
oranges.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Is the chatting with players while ingame function going to be gone? Thats what I like most about your maps, its more fun to obs with 2 friends playing eachother if you can chat with them.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

jerom wrote:Is the chatting with players while ingame function going to be gone? Thats what I like most about your maps, its more fun to obs with 2 friends playing eachother if you can chat with them.
The main reason I didn''t put invisible tapirs in is that it causes LOS problems for 2v2 obs (whoever''s on the same team as an observer will have shared LOS of that random spot on the map). Future versions will have invisible tapirs (and thus chatting with players in-game, albeit at the expense of no postgame), it''s just that the logistics for 2v2 obs are a bit tricky to sort out.
oranges.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Looks great! No chatting with friends while observing though? :(

Also no chess. 4/10.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

bramboy wrote:Looks great! No chatting with friends while observing though? :(

Also no chess. 4/10.
Since there was so much demand for that [@jerom], I''ve updated it as 2.01 which supports record game observing and chatting to people while observing. The installer is also fixed now (all hail musketeer925) so your fonts won''t get messed up when uninstalling via the control panel.

If you previously had 2.0 installed, uninstall that first, then install 2.01 - see the edited download link in the first post.

[strike]Or if you''re lazy, see below. (Uninstall 2.0 before installing 2.01)[/strike]
(na pls get from main post)

It''s still only for Andes at the moment, though. Will have more time to do for other maps later this week.
oranges.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

the_best_senpai
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

aizamk wrote:
No, but its similar to one of those resource options- you can toggle the display between Current Resources, Total Resources, Military Units Lost Cost, and Avg. Income (over the past 4 seconds). Though the Avg. Resource Income isnt entirely accurate so I wouldnt rely on it too much. Also as musketeer925 mentioned, you can show gatherers per resource (rice paddies will always count as food, though!).
What i am asking is if there is a current income indicator.... it would help you predict your options.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:
aizamk wrote:No, but its similar to one of those resource options- you can toggle the display between Current Resources, Total Resources, Military Units Lost Cost, and Avg. Income (over the past 4 seconds). Though the Avg. Resource Income isnt entirely accurate so I wouldnt rely on it too much. Also as musketeer925 mentioned, you can show gatherers per resource (rice paddies will always count as food, though!).
What i am asking is if there is a current income indicator.... it would help you predict your options.

What youre looking for is the avg. income then, which as Ive said, is a feature only available to the observers on any of the ui 2.0 maps.
oranges.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

As I said earlier, current means instantaneous income, not average..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:As I said earlier, current means instantaneous income, not average..

And how else do you calculate a good estimate of ''instantaneous'' income other than by taking the average over the past few seconds... If you watch your resources with villagers on the same static resource e.g. Trees so no walking time you''ll notice that at some points it accelerates then decelerates...
oranges.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You have to take into accunt the fact that gathering animations may play more than a second before a villager gets any income.
So, vill/sec income is probably not possible, if it's not an average over a bigger time span.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

So, anybody used it yet or do I actually have to complete it first...?
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I've used it ! It looks really really cool. I really prefer enjoy the new settings. I need to test it in 2V2, but it's a bit hard to find people.