[Scenario] Envoy II

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

[Scenario] Envoy II

Post by musketeer925 »

This is a fun (at least I think so) 3v3 scenario I made some time ago. It consists of a number of rounds, and your goal in each round is to kill the other team's envoys. Units of your choice spawn at your envoy, and you need to work as a team to get the right unit composition and micro to counter the opponent, as well as taking chances to attack the enemy house, which if you kill, all your team's envoys are revived.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... ileid=3580
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

[Scenario] Envoy II

Post by edehollandsbrother »

Played a number of games with this today. It is very fun. It is simple to learn but requires a good deal of micro and teamwork.

Some possible improvements:
1 If we do not play TvB, it sometimes mixes up the teams and says that team 1 won a round when actually team 2 won or vice versa.
2 Sometimes a round does not end when all envoys on a team are jailed.
3 Please shorten the intro cinematic and the waiting time between rounds.
4 Skirms snipe envoys extremely easily. It is often possible to ignore the opponents' units entirely and go straight for the envoys. Maybe increase envoy armor or replace skirms by xbow (which currently don't appaer to be very useful).
5 Sometimes units go out of bounds.
6 Once it said twice in a row that a certain team had won and then the scenario crashed completely, it did not respond to any commands.

I hope you will find some time to address these issues. I highly recommend this scenario anyway.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

[Scenario] Envoy II

Post by musketeer925 »

Thanks for the feedback! If I remember right I think it just calls whatever team player 1 is on team 1. Was it switching within a game (I.e., between rounds, or certain messages) or just from game to game?

As for the cinematics, I agree. Originally the whole scenario was one round, which is why it now has rounds: the cinematic took as much time as a round haha. But yeah when I've played it lag has definitely been an issue during the cinematic, takes a bit to complete. The time between rounds I don't think can be reduced much more, as the triggers do take a bit of time to reset everything.

As for the inconsistent issues, without some steps to reproduce consistently I'm not sure I can fix them, as its hard to say what exactly is causing it and impossible to know when it is fixed. The complexity behind the mechanism that completely resets the game state is fairly high.

Taking out skirms completely is not a bad idea, as musketeers don't seem that useful as it is.

I'll see if I can find some time to make some changes, but I've got a lot going on right now. Thanks for the feedback, and glad you like it!