[Mod] Napoleonic Era 2.1.7b, works with Steam & ESO

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!

What's you?

I know and love it
43%
I know and like it
17%
I know and dislike it
7%
I didn't know it but will try
22%
I didn't know it and won't try
11%

Total votes: 82

Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

voice sample sent :)
No Flag ImOrTaLiTy
Crossbow

Post by ImOrTaLiTy »

why there is no nepal civ :/
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

imortality wrote:why there is no nepal civ :/
Because it is impossible to make every possible civilization in the world. Why, therefore, do you think there should be a Nepal civ?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

shaolinstar wrote:
tilanus wrote:I know one, but it isnt really good. You may get an impression of NE strats in our Balance &' Strategies forum though.
Good or bad, its still better than playing vs computer :)
Btw that picture is awesome. Tuareg (Egyptians ?) look badass. My new fav civ.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/23VAVgu.png[/img]
Tuareg are almost dead' they were/are nomads in egypt though.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

@yemshi
Not in Egypt but all the Sahara. And no they aren't all dead. Some of them just changed their lifestyle and became sedentary :)
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

That's why I said almost.

We had this some time ago in school, so thanks for correction :)

Sedentary means they are no nomads anymore, right?
And why would you bee a nomad if Sahara has some the power of cars and trucks?
They die, their life is not efficient.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

Make it in german and i play to
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Wanna translate? :P
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Can I install this mod and still be able to play from steam aoe 3 TAD ESO ?
Lancer

Post by medinos »

I just downloaded it can you help me now to find people that I can play against them with NE mod ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

medinos wrote:Can I install this mod and still be able to play from steam aoe 3 TAD ESO ?
Yes, you will have 2 different launchers.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

medinos wrote:I just downloaded it can you help me now to find people that I can play against them with NE mod ?
Not many people play it online, but I play it sometimes. Add me on eso, we could probably play, although eso is currently down for me.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I have the mod and will play if I see a game that's not nr
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

tilanus wrote:Wanna translate? :P

No sir :D
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

medinos wrote:Can I install this mod and still be able to play from steam aoe 3 TAD ESO ?

You can join this NE Online facebook group to find other NE players.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

do people open rooms in NE ESO ? and this should use more people its really interesting to play and funny i thik not much people know about it ?
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Hey party people!

Here are the latest news for Napoleonic Era.
Check out Modding Report #24!

[img alt="cov-thumb" src="http://i.imgur.com/Kvq2S9Bm.png[/img]
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Let us introduce you to the new archers in [url=http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2286#115062" style="font-weight:bold']Modding Report #25[/url]! 8-)

[url="http://i.imgur.com/BXbUEOi.png"][img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/BXbUEOim.png"][/url]
Lancer

Post by medinos »

tilanus wrote:Hey party people!

Here are the latest news for Napoleonic Era.
Check out Modding Report #24!

[img alt="cov-thumb" src="http://i.imgur.com/Kvq2S9Bm.png[/img]
is that like a launcher and chat browser for people that go LIVE on NE to play it ?
It would be much easier to play with people using that..
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

tilanus wrote:Let us introduce you to the new archers in [url=http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2286#115062" style="font-weight:bold']Modding Report #25[/url]!?8-)

[url href="http://i.imgur.com/BXbUEOi.png"][img]http://i.imgur.com/BXbUEOim.png" style="max-width:100%'" alt=""][/url]

Looks nice, but they seem inefficient. An archer that is way more expensive than a crossbowman with same range and resist, but more speed, less hitpoints and less damage. Weaker damage is compensated by rate of fire, which means they cant kite.

The problem is that nobody is going to make them as Ottoman and India because you can make gurkhas and abus. It will be the same as with rajputs, cetan bows and war clubs.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tilanus wrote:Let us introduce you to the new archers in [url=http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2286#115062" style="font-weight:bold']Modding Report #25[/url]! 8-)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BXbUEOim.png[/img]
from when arquebusier is archer?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

medinos wrote:is that like a launcher and chat browser for people that go LIVE on NE to play it ?

Hey medinos, I recommend you to read the linked article, its all explained there. ') Basically its a launcher/civ selection tool.

yurashic wrote:Looks nice, but they seem inefficient. An archer that is way more expensive than a crossbowman with same range and resist, but more speed, less hitpoints and less damage. Weaker damage is compensated by rate of fire, which means they cant kite.

The problem is that nobody is going to make them as Ottoman and India because you can make gurkhas and abus. It will be the same as with rajputs, cetan bows and war clubs.

Yeah, I wasnt too sure about the wood costs myself (30:50?). They still need some testing, but together with jan and abus tweaks, an archaic ranged infantryman will become more relevant. Its right you cant really kite with them, but hey, theyre archers and going to be the cheapest unit. I still wanna leave arguments to go for Abus and Jans, kiting is one of them.

I dont think the Archer is too weak as a standard unit btw, its the British Longbowman whose ratio is just too good. The huge range, better rr, good dmg, quick ROF (double of the xbow) for just 20f more than the xbow is super cheap. Thats not unusual though, because unique units are usually balanced like this. Archers win vs xbows in a direct matchup btw.

Im personally tired of Otto and India play. Weve already started on NE forums to redesign the Indian unit roster with actual native Indian units (Gurkhas and Sepoys are coined by the British rulers).

thebritish wrote:from when arquebusier is archer?

He is not, but is mentioned in the table for comparison purposes. Arquebusiers are also archaic ranged infantry and are technically skirms. The Arquebusier replaces the xbow for many civs in NE, because we want to modernize the content (and gameplay). :)
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

tilanus wrote:
medinos wrote:is that like a launcher and chat browser for people that go LIVE on NE to play it ?
Hey medinos, I recommend you to read the linked article, its all explained there. ') Basically its a launcher/civ selection tool.

yurashic wrote:Looks nice, but they seem inefficient. An archer that is way more expensive than a crossbowman with same range and resist, but more speed, less hitpoints and less damage. Weaker damage is compensated by rate of fire, which means they cant kite.

Yeah, I wasnt too sure about the wood costs myself (30:50?). They still need some testing, but together with jan and abus tweaks, an archaic ranged infantryman will become more relevant. Its right you cant really kite with them, but hey, theyre archers and going to be the cheapest unit. I still wanna leave arguments to go for Abus and Jans, kiting is one of them.

I dont think the Archer is too weak as a standard unit btw, its the British Longbowman whose ratio is just too good. The huge range, better rr, good dmg, quick ROF (double of the xbow) for just 20f more than the xbow is super cheap. Thats not unusual though, because unique units are usually balanced like this. Archers win vs xbows in a direct matchup btw.

Im personally tired of Otto and India play. Weve already started on NE forums to redesign the Indian unit roster with actual native Indian units (Gurkhas and Sepoys are coined by the British rulers).

thebritish wrote:from when arquebusier is archer?
He is not, but is mentioned in the table for comparison purposes. Arquebusiers are also archaic ranged infantry and are technically skirms. The Arquebusier replaces the xbow for many civs in NE, because we want to modernize the content (and gameplay). :)

Longbows are really good yeah. But they have to stand to fight and often bug out which makes them a defensive unit.

At the same time abus are completely broken. They can hit and run enemy unit forever and get free kills, while cav gets killed before it reaches them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ebbOixhMz4

It would be smart if you give India and Ottomans archers and move abus/gurkha to fortress. Archers need at least 18 range and 2x against heavy infantry because otherwise it will just be better to make jannisaries and sepoys.

I appreciate your work on historical accuracy and understand how hard it is to balance history and game mechanics.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

yurashic wrote:It would be smart if you give India and Ottomans archers and move abus/gurkha to fortress. Archers need at least 18 range and 2x against heavy infantry because otherwise it will just be better to make jannisaries and sepoys.

Moving the Abus Gunners to age 3 is def an option I will consider. They and Jans will be nerfed. Abus Gunners will be a bit slower in all regards (moving + firing), the resistance will drop from 40% to 30%. The train time will be reduced slightly in exchange. Janissaries lose some HP and cost 5f less. The deadly combo still works, but it comes with drawbacks and is easier to beat, hence requires more skill from Otto players (sorry, lol). You may mix your jans with either quick, faster firing archers or slower, but stronger abus guns - or all together.

I appreciate your work on historical accuracy and understand how hard it is to balance history and game mechanics.

Yeah, it''s quite hard. Especially if there are grown traditions in meta and high sensivity of competitive players towards changes of things they''re good with. On the one side I want to let the gameplay evolve from historical conditions and on the other side you wanna stay in touch with AoE3 and its players.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Can you give archers the ability to stealth instead? But only when standing still or something (a guerilla warrior tech or something)
Error 404: Signature not found