Manchac : Beta Map

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!

What do you think about Manchac ?

The map is great, don't change anything
13%
The map is quite ok, but it needs some changes
44%
The map isn't good at all
No votes
A special feature would be a nice idea, it would make the game a bit more intersting.
13%
A special feature is bad, i don't like this fucking exotic idea
31%

Total votes: 16

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Manchac : Beta Map

Post by Rikikipu »

Hey guys, i'm working on a new map called Manchac. It's already avalaible for 1V1, team, and Obs (UI 1.7)

I'm asking for some advices here :
I think the map miss some elements in order get more interesting strategic reflexions. What do you think about that ?

Moreover I would like to add one special feature which changes game mechanics, such as for instance :
- every 3 minuts, X type of units (heavy infantry or cavalry or ranged infantry etc), has his stats changed a little bit for 30 seconds.
- or in a specific area of the map, X type of units has better/worse stats.
etc.

What do you think about this proposition ? If you some ideas for special features here, tell me it.
Attachments
Manchac Beta7.zip
(26.39 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Manchac : Beta Map

Post by momuuu »

I dont quite like how the TP is super close your TC. I think that fucks up the spawn sometimes, and its annoying when trying to build your base. Also, for me it'd greatly improve the map if you banned turkeys XD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah but when the tp is far from your base you can also say that taking a tp isnt worth it because it means a slower start, so you can't get mapcontrol so you lose the tp. As a german player I'm very sad when I build my tp half map
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The map looks awesome, we should fire garja!
However, I don't really like your ideas, since it isn't really fair, like some civs don't have cav, some are infantry civs etc.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah but when the tp is far from your base you can also say that taking a tp isnt worth it because it means a slower start, so you can't get mapcontrol so you lose the tp. As a german player I'm very sad when I build my tp half map

I'm not saying make it mid map, but make it outside of TC range imo. Germany doesn't need an inbase TP.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

The tp is there on purpose. Compared to other esoc maps where you mostly don't have tp easy to defend, i've made it in order to change a little bit.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Rikikipu wrote:The tp is there on purpose. Compared to other esoc maps where you mostly don't have tp easy to defend, i've made it in order to change a little bit.

could it somehow be changed so that it isn't as prominently annoying? It's not that I don't like the idea (or maybe as a Dutch player, I mostly do :p) but that I find TP's inside your base extremely annoying, not to mention that I think they fuck up the spawns sometimes.

The overall design of the map is cool though, but I do think it could use some tweaking in terms of design. I think the 'ambiance' of the middle is not really in touch with the ambiance of the rest of the map. maybe Partially because the outside is very prominently green and the middle is not. Maybe some more of the swamp/watery elements that bayou has could be placed on the map? Ive always liked the feeling of bayou, even though its a shitty map otherwise.

Oh, it sounds like I am like extremely negative, but I like the map. Just trying to give some feedback!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jerom wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah but when the tp is far from your base you can also say that taking a tp isnt worth it because it means a slower start, so you can't get mapcontrol so you lose the tp. As a german player I'm very sad when I build my tp half map

I'm not saying make it mid map, but make it outside of TC range imo. Germany doesn't need an inbase TP.

If you think this way, germany doesn't need a tp at all. You can still win without it right ? Well you can also win with a tp out of your base, but it's kinda "half a tp" since you know you will lose it between 6 and 8 min against most civs. So you trade 200w for maybe 200-300 xp, which is definitely not incredible
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Rikikipu = Garja disciple
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Jerom wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:The tp is there on purpose. Compared to other esoc maps where you mostly don't have tp easy to defend, i've made it in order to change a little bit.

could it somehow be changed so that it isn't as prominently annoying? It's not that I don't like the idea (or maybe as a Dutch player, I mostly do :p) but that I find TP's inside your base extremely annoying, not to mention that I think they fuck up the spawns sometimes.

The overall design of the map is cool though, but I do think it could use some tweaking in terms of design. I think the 'ambiance' of the middle is not really in touch with the ambiance of the rest of the map. maybe Partially because the outside is very prominently green and the middle is not. Maybe some more of the swamp/watery elements that bayou has could be placed on the map? Ive always liked the feeling of bayou, even though its a shitty map otherwise.

Oh, it sounds like I am like extremely negative, but I like the map. Just trying to give some feedback!

Nah that's ok :D, i like constructive criticism. About the tps, i'm pretty sure, from what i have coded, we aren't going to face any spawn issue. Concerning the design, i'm going to test a bit for the next beta version with more swamp and the middle's area floor with another design.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Looks like the edges of the map need a bit more detail to them. From a flow perspective this map seems to play out like great lakes ice version. Only with some reason to go to the middle a bit.

It's a cool map. If you could connect with Garja and he had time to help u get it polished it would be even better.