Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by thebritish »

@Durokan, about the map i requested.
Here is the file which sets the mercenaries for every specific map i think:
Attachments
mapspecifictechs.xml
(27.02 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:@Durokan, about the map i requested.

If you change that you will have crc mismatch. It needs to be a change in the map itself.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:

If you change that you will have crc mismatch. It needs to be a change in the map itself.

cant you write the same code for the map from this? :?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:

cant you write the same code for the map from this? :?

Where would you suggest i add a .XML file in a .XS file?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

umm, i am not sure, but cant you set the map, for example, to be like amazonia and use their mercenaries, set the map to be great plains and use gp's mercenaries or something. I saw in the code that there's 'force' command too...
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:umm, i am not sure, but cant you set the map, for example, to be like amazonia and use their mercenaries, set the map to be great plains and use gp's mercenaries or something. I saw in the code that there's 'force' command too...

I'll try it if you submit a map request. its shaky at best but im looking for some way to do this
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Black Forest is up! It scales for all game sizes, including ffa. It is a large forest modeled after its aoe2 namesake.

It comes with two versions, a nilla version and a TAD version. Please use the vanilla version for vanilla only, and the TAD version for TAD only.

Attachments
Black Forest.xs
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Black Forest.xml
(600 Bytes) Downloaded 175 times
bForest Nilla.xs
Vanilla Only
(10.16 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
bForest Nilla.xml
Vanilla Only
(618 Bytes) Downloaded 98 times
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

[spoiler=just tagging you]
Darwin_ wrote:Looks good, but i think that black forest could probably use maybe another hunt in base, but a little farther out. Also i think the main choke could be a more consricted, like maybe the width of 2 full-length wall segments. Other than that, these look absolutely amazing. That you so much!
[/spoiler]

Map is done, let me know if it needs changing.
a third hunt was added to each tc according to your earlier request.
United States of America Ikilled4penguins
Skirmisher
ESO: Ikill4penguins

Post by Ikilled4penguins »

Great maps Durokan, really excited to play Black Forest & Acropolis.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Ikilled4penguins wrote:Great maps Durokan, really excited to play Black Forest & Acropolis.

Thanks! Glad to hear it. :) I enjoy making stuff for the community and feedback like this helps me keep going
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hey Durokan, I have another map idea for you. This map would be called Canadian Prairies, and would be a cross between Mongolia and High Plains. The map would scale, and would be OBS also. The map would also be compatible with Vanilla.

Hunts: There would be medium hunts, with 6 bison in base, with 2 additional pronghorn herds quite a bit away from the TC. There would also be around 3-5 more medium bison herds around the map.

Mines: 1 gold mine in base, 3 gold and 2 silver mines spread around the map.

Trees: Much like Mongolia. Not so much defined clumps as a thin spreading through out, with some area's being thicker than others.

Tile set: The map would use the great plains tile set.

Treasures: some coin treasures, tier 2 and 3 treasures also. Thinking the Great plains treasure set.

There would be fewer resources at the top of the map, like an upside down Mongolia, and that is where the TC's would spawn. The TP route would spawn on the bottom of the map. On the route there would be 4 TP's.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Darwin_ wrote:Hey Durokan, I have another map idea for you. This map would be called Canadian Prairies, and would be a cross between Mongolia and High Plains. The map would scale, and would be OBS also. The map would also be compatible with Vanilla.

Hunts: There would be medium hunts, with 6 bison in base, with 2 additional pronghorn herds quite a bit away from the TC. There would also be around 3-5 more medium bison herds around the map.

Trees: Much like Mongolia. Not so much defined clumps as a thin spreading through out, with some area's being thicker than others.

Treasures: some coin treasures, tier 2 and 3 treasures also. Thinking the Great plains treasure set.

There would be fewer resources at the top of the map, like an upside down Mongolia, and that is where the TC's would spawn. The TP route would spawn on the bottom of the map. On the route there would be 4 TP's.

Would you mind doing a minimap drawing for me?
Also what size do you want the OBS for? OBS and scaling maps are mutually exclusive so I would have to make multiple versions of the map.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Durokan wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Hey Durokan, I have another map idea for you. This map would be called Canadian Prairies, and would be a cross between Mongolia and High Plains. The map would scale, and would be OBS also. The map would also be compatible with Vanilla.

Would you mind doing a minimap drawing for me?
Also what size do you want the OBS for? OBS and scaling maps are mutually exclusive so I would have to make multiple versions of the map.

Essentially, the map would look like an upside down mongolia without the natives, with a few more hunts, no cows, and in the great plains tile set. I'm not really sure how to draw the minimap, so. Also, I would love if this map had the feature that Guinea had where the resource spawns are completely identical, except for the trees, because that seems way to0 hard for you to do.

If you could have two separate maps, one for 1v1 OBS, and one that scales with no OBS, that would be preferred.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag bladek4
Crossbow

Post by bladek4 »

Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications. I'd love it if it were a scenario of a revolution. I'm tired of revolting in skirmish maps, without actually getting to fight the opressing imperialist home cities. I wanna fight for freedom! Extra credits if it's not about the american revolution, but the latin american revolutions. I've tried countless times to do something myself but I don't dominate the scenario editor and I pretty much suck at it. If someone were to make this scenario, I'd be infinitely grateful! (If something like this already exists, then someone please tell me!!!)

Map Name: Any type of revolution

Map Size/Player Count: 2-4? Maybe?

Resources

Hunts: Not that much (Colonies already established)

Mines: Normal level

Forests: Not too much (A lot has been chopped for these small cities?)

Herdables: Lots (Farming activity already kickstarted)

Treasures: Few, but maybe with great rewards (The area was explored centuries ago)

Identifying Features

Land layout: Hopefully any latinamerican area!

Cliffs: Strategic importance. Maybe?

Water: Probably half or 1/3 of the map. Loyal Troops arriving on ships makes sense!

Traderoutes: maybe 1 going through the city?

Natives: Enough to ally against the opressing powers?

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible
sorry! I don't have any drawing skills.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

bladek4 wrote:Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications. I'd love it if it were a scenario of a revolution. I'm tired of revolting in skirmish maps, without actually getting to fight the opressing imperialist home cities. I wanna fight for freedom! Extra credits if it's not about the american revolution, but the latin american revolutions. I've tried countless times to do something myself but I don't dominate the scenario editor and I pretty much suck at it. If someone were to make this scenario, I'd be infinitely grateful! (If something like this already exists, then someone please tell me!!!)

Resources

Treasures: Few, but maybe with great rewards (The area was explored centuries ago)

Identifying Features

Water: Probably half or 1/3 of the map. Loyal Troops arriving on ships makes sense!

I'm really sorry, but I don't do scenarios. I make map scripts, not scenarios. I program all of these in notepad++ and then test them in the scenario editor. Scenarios are completely different than RMS.

I can refer you to here though:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/l ... =0&s=r&o=d
No Flag bladek4
Crossbow

Post by bladek4 »

Durokan wrote:
bladek4 wrote:Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications. I'd love it if it were a scenario of a revolution. I'm tired of revolting in skirmish maps, without actually getting to fight the opressing imperialist home cities. I wanna fight for freedom! Extra credits if it's not about the american revolution, but the latin american revolutions. I've tried countless times to do something myself but I don't dominate the scenario editor and I pretty much suck at it. If someone were to make this scenario, I'd be infinitely grateful! (If something like this already exists, then someone please tell me!!!)

Resources

Identifying Features

I'm really sorry, but I don't do scenarios. I make map scripts, not scenarios. I program all of these in notepad++ and then test them in the scenario editor. Scenarios are completely different than RMS.

I can refer you to here though:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/l ... =0&s=r&o=d

I understand. Thanks!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@Durokan
Hey Durokan! I just have a small request if possible. Do you think you could make a Great Lakes that always spawns the winter version? Thanks.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Scenario.rar
both .age3yscn and .bak
(6.14 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications (if possible, because it is quite large).
It is not a modification of any map, although I have a scenario map that could be helpful (file attached). I don’t really know if it is possible to just randomise the resources and leave the rest intact (because I’m a noob), but that would be sweet.

Map Name: Savanna

Map Size/Player Count: FFA for 7
Resources:
Hunts: high hunt map with herds of 10 Pronghorns, 10 Rhea and 3 Elephants around the map. More hunts in the middle, around the waterpool.
Mines: It should have one silver mine per player + 1 gold mine per player in contested spots and gold mines in the center of the map
Forests: It should have scarce forrests with painted desert/texas trees if possible
Herdables: water buffalo randomly spawned around the map (for example 6 per player )
Treasures: It should have around 25-30 treasures chosen from the following:
Plums 30f
Barley kernels 35f
Cypress 35w
Vanilla beans 40c
Box turtles 40f
Eggplant 60f
Box turtles 65f
Gingko leaves 65c
Saskatoon 80f
Cedar 90w
Kiwi 100f
Grove of aspen 50w
Native scout (pistoliero guardian)
Two native scouts
Vanilla beans 165c
Building construction time -5%
Building HP +15%
-5% coin costs
Wild rice 300f
Boots of El Pollo Guapo
Trapped macaque
Geological survey
And 1 x Map of all treasures in every player’s base

Identifying Features:
1. Each player starts with a missionary
2. Random wild animals spawned around the map (rhinos, lions, black panthers, macaques) to be killed for XP
3. Colourful flora, a lot of great plains grass everywhere but not on the island, cliffs and map’s edge/player bases
Land layout: flat land with inaccessible little cliffs and small oasis’ around the map, a small lake with an island in the middle
Water: in the lake should be some fish
Traderoutes: No
Natives: two jesuit missions on the island
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Scenario.rar
Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications (if possible, because it is quite large).
It is not a modification of any map, although I have a scenario map that could be helpful (file attached). I don’t really know if it is possible to just randomise the resources and leave the rest intact (because I’m a noob), but that would be sweet.

I have to start from scratch, though a visual aid is very helpful. There is absolutely no correlation between scenarios and map scripts aside from the fact that they can both be viewed in the same editor

Map Name: Savanna

Map Size/Player Count: FFA for 7
Resources:
Hunts: high hunt map with herds of 10 Pronghorns, 10 Rhea and 3 Elephants around the map. More hunts in the middle, around the waterpool.
Mines: It should have one silver mine per player + 1 gold mine per player in contested spots and gold mines in the center of the map
Forests: It should have scarce forrests with painted desert/texas trees if possible
Herdables: water buffalo randomly spawned around the map (for example 6 per player )
Treasures: It should have around 25-30 treasures chosen from the following:
Plums 30f
Barley kernels 35f
Cypress 35w
Vanilla beans 40c
Box turtles 40f
Eggplant 60f
Box turtles 65f
Gingko leaves 65c
Saskatoon 80f
Cedar 90w
Kiwi 100f
Grove of aspen 50w
Native scout (pistoliero guardian)
Two native scouts
Vanilla beans 165c
Building construction time -5%
Building HP +15%
-5% coin costs
Wild rice 300f
Boots of El Pollo Guapo
Trapped macaque
Geological survey
And 1 x Map of all treasures in every player’s base

I don't get to pick any of that; I only get to decide which map it pulls the treasures from and how hard they will be to kill (difficulty level 1, 2, 3 etc.) The difficulty levels pull from a certain list that is map specific.

Identifying Features:
1. Each player starts with a missionary
I'll should be able to do that unless something goes wrong
2. Random wild animals spawned around the map (rhinos, lions, black panthers, macaques) to be killed for XP
Never done this before, but it probably won't be a problem
3. Colourful flora, a lot of great plains grass everywhere but not on the island, cliffs and map’s edge/player bases
Land layout: flat land with inaccessible little cliffs and small oasis’ around the map, a small lake with an island in the middle
Water: in the lake should be some fish
Traderoutes: No
Natives: two jesuit missions on the island

Added to queue. Be warned this probably will take a while. I have two requests in front of you and it's already been a week since I received the first one. Thanks for putting in the request :)

This looks pretty good as a scenario, out of curiosity, why do you want it as a map script instead?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Thank you very much for adding my map idea to your cue. Time does not really matter for me.
As far as the reasons go, it has been suggested to me by a friend, that the map is too predictable and needs randomisation of resources to work for players.
Besides, i feared that a scenario would cause too much out of sych or other bugs.

About treasures...well, I created the list not without a reason - all of them were guarded by units plausible to be found in Africa... pity It does not work like I thought it would. Not a big deal though :) I guess Texas Large treasures could make for a decent substitute.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

@Durokan We team players neeeeeed a plateau less deccan to stop all the walling nubs. Thank you kind sir
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

ovi12 wrote:Hey Durokan! I just have a small request if possible. Do you think you could make a Great Lakes that always spawns the winter version? Thanks.

super simple change :)
takes like 10 seconds if you know what you are doing; only modified 1 line of code. Here you go.

Let me know if anything doesnt work; i changed nothing aside from the winter checker.

Attachments
greatLakesWinterOnly.xs
(52.12 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
greatLakesWinterOnly.xml
(609 Bytes) Downloaded 94 times
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

cedarfarms wrote:@Durokan We team players neeeeeed a plateau less deccan to stop all the walling nubs. Thank you kind sir

only removed the height of the plateau, it still appears on the minimap and the ground appears as a different textures.

let me know if it doesnt work for some reason.
Attachments
deccanNoPlateau.xs
(35.11 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
deccanNoPlateau.xml
(546 Bytes) Downloaded 118 times
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

sorry to the guys who had those two requests ^ go in before them, but that's all i've had time for over the past week or so (really simple changes to maps)
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Durokan wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Hey Durokan! I just have a small request if possible. Do you think you could make a Great Lakes that always spawns the winter version? Thanks.

super simple change :)
takes like 10 seconds if you know what you are doing; only modified 1 line of code. Here you go.

Let me know if anything doesnt work; i changed nothing aside from the winter checker.

Thank you!!
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego