User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Mar 2016, 21:34

Here are the finished versions of Canadian Prairies. There are four versions of the map, 2 for each version (no twc)

It has trees that get progressively more dense as you approach the bottom of the map. The resources try to stay as symmetrical as possible

Vanilla Link:
viewtopic.php?p=122015#post_content122015

OBS
Image
Dynamic
Image
FFA
Image

As usual, let me know what you think. Also please report bugs! :)
Attachments
canadia - obs.xs
(13.36 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
canadia.xml
(544 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times
canadia.xs
(13.89 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
canadia - obs.xml
(556 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Mar 2016, 21:37

@Darwin_

Hey, I finally found the time and motivation to finish your maps. I hope you like it. Please keep the requests coming if you have ideas.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9248
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

14 Mar 2016, 21:49

really like CP

are we gonna get it in the patch?
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Mar 2016, 23:28

iNcog wrote:really like CP

are we gonna get it in the patch?


We'll see. I can't really make any promises, all I can do is keep filling out requests and talking to others about it. (well and proposing it to the other map guys) If people like a map in particular it is helpful to be vocal about it. Maybe start a thread etc and take votes on it. A silent majority won't get maps into the EP, community requests (probably) will.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 3853

15 Mar 2016, 06:36

The more maps the better. It would be amazing to have like 100 maps, it would be so exciting to select random maps and have so much unexplored territory :D
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 3451
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest

15 Mar 2016, 07:13

Especially for noobs like me who don't really learn the maps and treasure spawns
Image
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03
Posts: 12340
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

16 Mar 2016, 00:09

To be fair you don't need to know a map much to be able to play on it. Just a general idea of where some hunts could be found can be advantageous I suppose. That is if the treasure and livestock spawns aren't ultra consistent like on some maps.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9248
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

16 Mar 2016, 08:20

Durokan wrote:
iNcog wrote:really like CP

are we gonna get it in the patch?


We'll see. I can't really make any promises, all I can do is keep filling out requests and talking to others about it. (well and proposing it to the other map guys) If people like a map in particular it is helpful to be vocal about it. Maybe start a thread etc and take votes on it. A silent majority won't get maps into the EP, community requests (probably) will.


I'm already on thin ice because I keep crossing site-staff, but I agree this sentiment!! MORE MAPS
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6704
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

16 Mar 2016, 11:33

Great job all in all Duro! I hope we can get some of these in the next EP release.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Brazil lemmings121
Howdah
Posts: 1750
ESO: lemmings121

17 Mar 2016, 01:44

@durokan

I just playtested Canadian Prairies, in our game the trade route couldnt be upgraded! idk if thats intentional, but it wanst a good surprise when I finished my 3rd tp and couldnt find the upgrade xD
but the map overall felt really good, should be fixed and included in the rated pool imo!

I also played the blackforrest in 1v1, but there was a problem with my friends lower spec computer that coulndt handle so many trees. I would sugest removing some of the unreachable trees, making a clif there on the back, just to reduce the amount of objects in the map, without affecting the current gameplay.


and great job on those maps! thanks!
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9248
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

17 Mar 2016, 13:19

Shame that the black forest map requires beefy set ups, I was interested in that map
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

17 Mar 2016, 14:03

iNcog wrote:Shame that the black forest map requires beefy set ups, I was interested in that map

Yeah, aoe3 doesnt manage alot of objects well due to the fact that it only uses 1 core on the cpu. Each tree is an individual object.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
Germany tilanus
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 269

17 Mar 2016, 20:37

Hey Durokan, just wondering, are you not going to use the logo I made for you in this thread? ;)
Napoleonic Era Project Leader

Image
** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! :kinggreen:
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

17 Mar 2016, 22:46

tilanus wrote:Hey Durokan, just wondering, are you not going to use the logo I made for you in this thread? ;)

I really like it, just need to download the png and upload it to a file sharing site and then put it at the top of the workshop. If you've got a direct link it would be easier on my end. Thanks for making it for me!
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03
Posts: 12340
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

17 Mar 2016, 22:52

Durokan wrote:
tilanus wrote:Hey Durokan, just wondering, are you not going to use the logo I made for you in this thread? ;)

I really like it, just need to download the png and upload it to a file sharing site and then put it at the top of the workshop. If you've got a direct link it would be easier on my end. Thanks for making it for me!

#firstworldproblems

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
Germany tilanus
ESOC Dev Team
Posts: 269

17 Mar 2016, 23:52

Here you go:
Image
Napoleonic Era Project Leader

Image
** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! :kinggreen:
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger
Posts: 3680

17 Mar 2016, 23:57

Image
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

18 Mar 2016, 00:02

tilanus wrote:Here you go:
Image

Thanks!
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1935
ESO: n0eL

20 Mar 2016, 15:53

Durokan's Custom Map Request Template

Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications.

Map Name: Ottawa

Map Size/Player Count: 1v1 to team (4v4), size scaling as needed, no clue how to explain size

Resources

Hunts: See photo

Mines: See photo

Forests: See photo

Herdables: See photo

Treasures: See photo

Identifying Features

Land layout: saguenay summer tile set

Cliffs: low cliffs, like High plains size

Water: n/a

Traderoutes: trade route similar to ozarks however the route is below the cliffs instead of above

Natives: none

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible

attached
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
Posts: 1233
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States

20 Mar 2016, 22:43

@Durokan

Canadian Praries is looking perfect, and is exactly what I wanted. There are 2 bugs with the map so far I have been able to discern from a game. First off, the trade route cannot be upgraded. I think this is due to the tp sockets being asian, and there being an American travois guy. Also, I think you're missing the xs file for the scaling TAD version.
Hazza54321 wrote:Holy fuck an autobiography
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
Posts: 1233
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States

21 Mar 2016, 18:09

@Durokan

I have a new idea for a map, well really maps. What my idea is is to have one map that is very standard that has three different spawns, winter, summer, and fall. The map would be called Coastal Plains. Its layout would essentially be that of silk road or High Plains, except with non silk road trading posts and no natives. Essentially, I want this map to be a very standard, basic map, that isn't boring because of the three different spawns. This map would be a good map for competitive play, due to its moderate resources, TP's, and generally basic layout.

Hunts: A starting patch of deer, that are fixed like on TAD maps. A second herd of deer would be quite close, but the third herd would be pretty far away. The total hunts and their placement should be pretty much the same as they are on silk road, except for them being consistent.

Trees: Medium sized patches here or there, pretty standard.

Mines: Guaranteed first and second mine. The first should be in the front of your TC, and the second one should be behind, if that is possible. There should a fair number of mines around the map, maybe 2 more than Silk Road.

Trading Posts: There should be a winding trading route going through the center of the map, like high plains, except with 3 TP's in 1v1, and 6 in Team. No Natives.

Tile Set: The map should use the Carolina set in spring, the New England one in the fall spawn, and the Rockies one in the winter spawn.

Treaures: This map would use the Carolina treasure set

Other features:
- The map would scale dynamically, and there would be a 1v1 OBS version also.
Hazza54321 wrote:Holy fuck an autobiography
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

22 Mar 2016, 00:20

Darwin_ wrote:@Durokan

I have a new idea for a map, well really maps. What my idea is is to have one map that is very standard that has three different spawns, winter, summer, and fall. The map would be called Coastal Plains. Its layout would essentially be that of silk road or High Plains, except with non silk road trading posts and no natives. Essentially, I want this map to be a very standard, basic map, that isn't boring because of the three different spawns. This map would be a good map for competitive play, due to its moderate resources, TP's, and generally basic layout.

Hunts: A starting patch of deer, that are fixed like on TAD maps. A second herd of deer would be quite close, but the third herd would be pretty far away. The total hunts and their placement should be pretty much the same as they are on silk road, except for them being consistent.

Trees: Medium sized patches here or there, pretty standard.

Mines: Guaranteed first and second mine. The first should be in the front of your TC, and the second one should be behind, if that is possible. There should a fair number of mines around the map, maybe 2 more than Silk Road.

Trading Posts: There should be a winding trading route going through the center of the map, like high plains, except with 3 TP's in 1v1, and 6 in Team. No Natives.

Tile Set: The map should use the Carolina set in spring, the New England one in the fall spawn, and the Rockies one in the winter spawn.

Treaures: This map would use the Carolina treasure set

Other features:
- The map would scale dynamically, and there would be a 1v1 OBS version also.


Added to the queue, bug fixes you mentioned earlier, savanna, and n0el's map are all ahead of you.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

25 Mar 2016, 00:52

@Darwin_

Fixed the trading post bug, I was defining the TP's as "water" TP's as opposed to "dirt" TP's and because that is a legitimate definition it was giving me an error. I must have copied it from a different template than I normally use, sorry for the trouble!

I am also only allowed 7 files per post so even though I added canadia.xs it didn't add it and didn't tell me. :/ Thanks for catching that, due to that constraint the Vanilla Files will be hosted on this post

Image
Attachments
canadia - vanilla.xs
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
canadia - vanilla obs.xml
(588 Bytes) Downloaded 13 times
canadia - vanilla obs.xs
(13.31 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
canadia - vanilla.xml
(568 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

25 Mar 2016, 02:03

Here is the finished version of Savanna.
Image

I could only fit one post on the island with keeping it this size. I got pretty much everything else you asked though, random lions and missionaries included. I have two versions of the map attached because the grass causes lots of lag. (And has an absurd load time). I have the grass one in a reasonably playable state on my computer; adding more grass will significantly increase load times and decrease performance. If your computer can handle it, I can add more, but I won't be able to test the effects super well on my end. (waiting 5 minutes is too long for me when loading for minuscule changes)

Will adjust/fix things if needed; I didn't follow instructions exactly.
Attachments
Savanna Grass.xs
Elephant spawning changed
(15.96 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Savanna.xs
Elephant spawning changed
(15.59 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Savanna.xml
(514 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
Savanna Grass.xml
(532 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

25 Mar 2016, 02:08

@Imperial Noob

Finished the map. You are the current record holder for longest wait time with 18 days. :)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top

Forum Info

Return to “User-created Content”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest