Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It looks like bonnie, without the TPs.
One advice I'd give you is to make TP maps to start. No TP maps can be great but some players (like me :P), won't like a map without TPs, while nobody will hate you because you make a TP map.
Imo add 3-4 TPs and it could be one of the best map.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I could have sworn you were a guy who didn't mind no-TP maps some time ago. What happened?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

@Durokan There is one bug which i noticed about the map.The player on the bottom side of the map often misses his third silver mine (2000 gold).
I also have few requests about the map: :-)
Is it possible for the obs version to give p3-p8 a unit, so they wont be dead, so they could chat with other players while observing.
Is it also possible to do the same for the 2vs2 obs version?
-Is it possible for all the map features to be written, so they can be read when the mouse is hovered over the map icon, and can they also be made to be shown when the map is loading?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It looks like bonnie, without the TPs.
One advice I'd give you is to make TP maps to start. No TP maps can be great but some players (like me :P), won't like a map without TPs, while nobody will hate you because you make a TP map.
Imo add 3-4 TPs and it could be one of the best map.

And remove some of the excess food? Like, 2 elephants, 12 deer herd and 32 bison. Do you even mill, bro.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Hi Durokan, would you consider to make this map? It's called Mount Fuji. Features:

-Water map.
-2 trade routes, only 1 tp each one so stagecoach is less viable, but tp dependant civs can't complain.
-A great mountain in the middle.
-Honsu ground and animals (Salamanders).
-Zen temples
-Berries.
Attachments
Mount Fuji 2 routes.age3Yscn
This is the design made in scenario editor
(117.93 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
screen10.jpg
screen11.jpg
screen12.jpg

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

yeah sure, added to queue
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

thebritish wrote:Is it possible for the obs version to give p3-p8 a unit, so they wont be dead, so they could chat with other players while observing.

That's already possible.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

@yoqpasa

Here are the files for Mt. Fuji. It is compatible with all game sizes for ffa and team games. It was made to the specifications of yoqpasa and his scenario. (very helpful scenario). Let me know if anything needs changing.

I recorded my perspective + webcam and narrated the entire process of making this map; it took about 1 hour. Will be uploading to my youtube channel, and will be linking said channel and video as soon as I decide what I want to do with. (note, there were a few minor errors in the xml file that I fixed after I finished recording)
Attachments
Mt Fuji_2-16-20.xs
(22.29 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Mt Fuji_2-16-20.xml
(965 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times
Mt Fuji.xs
Original upload, see more recent versions
(17.39 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Mt Fuji.xml
Original upload, see more recent versions
(531 Bytes) Downloaded 72 times
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Durokan wrote:@yoqpasa

Here are the files for Mt. Fuji. It is compatible with all game sizes for ffa and team games. It was made to the specifications of yoqpasa and his scenario. (very helpful scenario). Let me know if anything needs changing.

I recorded my perspective + webcam and narrated the entire process of making this map; it took about 1 hour. Will be uploading to my youtube channel, and will be linking said channel and video as soon as I decide what I want to do with. (note, there were a few minor errors in the xml file that I fixed after I finished recording)

holy shit what a nice looking map

it looks competitive as well,

i will look forward to watching your youtube video as well. should be some interesting perspective
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

@Durokan Thank you so much, so were so fast!

But I see 2 problems:
1. The TC's spawn too close to sea at least in 1v1. I would like them to be aligned to the volcano cause the distance between bases is too small, and people would ignore the top of the map. ¿Maybe increase map size too? This pictures will help you understand what I mean. On the left my design.

Minimpas difference.png

2.The Fuji Mountain was meant to be a cliff+hill, so units can't climb it. (like Arizona's inaccessible plateau but looking like the Japanese Fuji)

screen15.jpg

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort.

Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

yoqpasa wrote:@Durokan Thank you so much, so were so fast!

But I see 2 problems:
1. The TC's spawn too close to sea at least in 1v1. I would like them to be aligned to the volcano cause the distance between bases is too small, and people would ignore the top of the map. ¿Maybe increase map size too? This pictures will help you understand what I mean. On the left my design.

Minimpas difference.png

2.The Fuji Mountain was meant to be a cliff+hill, so units can't climb it. (like Arizona's inaccessible plateau but looking like the Japanese Fuji)

screen15.jpg

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort.

The ice texture isn't (shouldn't be) pathable, but I can do the cliff if you want. I omitted it because it was giving me problems, but I should be able to fix it. If the mountain is too icy I can certainly add a cliff and recede the ice.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer

Post by yoqpasa »

@Durokan You are right, units can't climb it. Problem solved :D

No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

hey, some good maps are there, are they already in EP to play it? can use them for team?

thx for that work!
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

@enjoy2play post which maps you like best, there are already some in the pipeline to be refined for the patch but if there are some you are specifically talking about please say.
mad cuz bad
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

well i think u need to play them or atleast need to see em in eso how they spawn to say if they good or not. but at the pictures most of them looks very good, so u can put them all into ep like the knb packs? just name it "durokan then the name" or so... would be good imo
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

enjoy2play wrote:well i think u need to play them or atleast need to see em in eso how they spawn to say if they good or not. but at the pictures most of them looks very good, so u can put them all into ep like the knb packs? just name it "durokan then the name" or so... would be good imo

For the time being, we have a limited number of map sets (4ish) so that won't be possible. You could always download them individually and play them. I will also upload a zip soon with all of the current maps.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

yea upload a zip would be nice, but i think if its not in the ep its useless anyway, atleast for me since i just play team rated
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

enjoy2play wrote:yea upload a zip would be nice, but i think if its not in the ep its useless anyway, atleast for me since i just play team rated

I'll be as vague as possible here because I don't really know how much I should say, but I am working on porting a few of these maps to the EP (and some new ones) at an undisclosed release date.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Here is a link to the recording to the making of mt fuji.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1nBqJy3fU
Audio is on the quiet side, something I can fix for future videos.

@yoqpasa
Tagging you to let you know the video of your map being made is up at the aforementioned link
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

nice, and great job!! if i create a own map in scenario and send u, u can make the map? would be awesome..

thx alot for the work u put in.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications. The Map would be scaling and Obs versions, but no nilla version.

Map Name: Highveld, a region in the middle of South Africa

Resources
See Map

Treasures: If you could possibly do a custom treasure set that would be nice. I would like a few beaver treasures in base and around the map, as well as treasures guarded by lions (50 and 100 wood and food).

Identifying Features

Land layout: see map. This map would use the Great Plains ground textures with mixing of texas dirt. It would use the Sonora trees, as well as some of the Great Plains grass objects clumped about.

Cliffs: Cliffs have an open side like the ones on high plains

Water: none

Traderoutes: None

Natives: Two Jesuit Villages

Special Features: Each player starts with a market in base.

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1o41 ... sp=sharing
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

@Durokan Is it possible to fix the hunts for 1vs1 (currently there are 2 groups, 1 group has 26 hunts, 2 group has 32 hunts + 2 elephants). for 1vs1 to make 3 group of hunts (1 group with 16 hunts, 2 group with 18 hunts and 3 group with 20 hunts+ 2 elephants). for group 2 and 3 to be used the same place as now and for the first group of hunts (16 bisons), to be behind the TC.
For 2vs2, to have 2 group of hunts (1 group with 20 hunts, and the second group to be 26 hunts and to be between the 2 players TC's.
For the 3vs3 version, the map to be as big as for 2vs2, and to have the same resource layout from 1v1 for each player (16 hunts, 18 hunts, 20 hunts, 2 elephants, and 2 gold mines (remove the 2000 gold mine).
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

hi, is it possible we can get that template what u use in ur new youtube video? with all that stuff inside?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Here are the files for my map template that was featured in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etnopa0PNUM
Attachments
Durokans Template.xs
(15.8 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Durokans Template.xml
(630 Bytes) Downloaded 41 times
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

thanks for it. check pm, i have problems with tps, maybe u find my mistake.
Attachments
Kabul.xs
(30.59 KiB) Downloaded 39 times