Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by yohomes »

Just made these.

Now these can be in the map to make it more authentic and a few more maps can even be made.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

yohomes wrote:Just made these.

Now these can be in the map to make it more authentic and a few more maps can even be made.

I see you resolved the "N" problem. :)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Durokan wrote:

Kind of, I actually did a UV unwrap and just made it very small below the N, it's going to be all blue anyway. The problem still exists for other images and it's a big problem trying to figure out what hidden parts are in an image and which ones don't have it.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Durokan wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Hi Durokan, I was wondering if you could make another map for me. I play nilla almost exclusively, so if you could make this map work on Nilla that would be heavily appreciated. Also, if you could convert Green Mountain Pass for Nilla that would also be greatly appreciated.

The map I was thinking of would be a carbon copy of AOE 2's Black forest. There would be two small irregularly shaped clearings in dense trees on either side with a single small choke in the middle in 1v1. In team, each team would be connected together, and there would be 1 passage through to the other team.

The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, as well as 3 silver mines. The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course. Each player would start with 1 extra wood and gold crate. There would only a few beaver treasures around the map, and other else. The trees should be fairly dense, being difficult for a unit to walk through. I would imagine that this map would use the Carolina Tile Set.

The size of a clearing would be a good size, being able to fit a moderately sized base. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

How do I make a map work on vanilla? Is there something like initializing tad civs that doesn't allow it in your RM1 folder? I will do that stuff at some point. :) Added to queue

Im not totally sure. I would ask rikkipu if u can't figure it out cause he made some ESOC maps for Nilla.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Hey Durokan, I have a question regarding the use of these neat maps you're doing. Can I use them in my mod? I'd take care of crediting you and the person with the idea. I'd most likely do heavy terrain and native modifications anyway (which would consequently also result in a renaming of the map).
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

tilanus wrote:Hey Durokan, I have a question regarding the use of these neat maps you're doing. Can I use them in my mod? I'd take care of crediting you and the person with the idea. I'd most likely do heavy terrain and native modifications anyway (which would consequently also result in a renaming of the map).

Yeah sure, you (or anyone) is free to use anything they want. All that is required is a comment somewhere in the .xs and a line in the .xml file saying the stuff down below when the map loads, assuming that does not break immersion. If you don't have any scripter's names in the xml to make it flow better then I guess it would not be required.

Anyone should feel free to use any maps I have/will release without asking as long as that requirement is met, though I enjoy knowing if my maps are being used. :) You can change them as much as you want as well. As far as the .xml goes it doesn't have to be exactly what I put, just make it reasonable.

All others must include my name in the .xml unless it would be less than optimal for a game mod.

This goes in .xs without exception

//Original Map by Durokan

Drop this (or something like it) in .xml for all maps unless it breaks the immersion of a mod.

\n
Original Map by Durokan

If you decide not to make my name visible when the map loads, then this is required somewhere in the .xml
<!-- Original Map by Durokan-->
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Thanks! Will do! :)
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Durokan wrote:AoE3 Acropolis. This map supports 1v1-4v4 + all amounts of players in FFA.

Thank you, just got to this.
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hey Durokan.
I have got an idea for another map.
-Do you make more maps per person or only 1 map per person?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:Hey Durokan.
I have got an idea for another map.
-Do you make more maps per person or only 1 map per person?

I make as many maps as I have time for. I will get to all maps eventually, but just be warned that it wont be very quick. I have 2 maps ahead of you that I haven't finished and i've known about them for almost a week.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Nile River.
This map scales dynamically, its pretty fun. It is split up into 2 sections, dry and wet. The wet area has lots of lush trees, hunts, and treasures, while the dry area has arid trees and gold mines.
It supports all amounts of players. Please report bugs and changes etc

Attachments
Nile River.xs
(14.99 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Nile River.xml
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:Xel Naga Caverns, based on the namesake from Starcraft II.

this is only for 1vs1, i guess?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:

Yeah, it doesnt say it in the map download space but the link to it from the navigation bar does mention that it is 1v1 obs only.

Also what is your next idea?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:

Yeah, it doesnt say it in the map download space but the link to it from the navigation bar does mention that it is 1v1 obs only.

I was thinking about a map in which hunts and mines will be close to the TC.
-I am still not sure if tp on the middle map is better or native posts.
-The map is going to feature defending advantage over rush civs who have lame rush (russia, otto, sioux, aztec).

So, i have few questions about some possibilities which only this map will feature compared to other maps:

1. Is it possible to remove the wall from being builded in that specific map only?
2. Is it possible to put fully fattened sheeps/goats on the map as in the scenario editor?
3. Can you make the map to have the same age II mercs everytime it spawns? (some maps spawn with the same mercs i think)..
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I was thinking about a map in which hunts and mines will be close to the TC.
-I am still not sure if tp on the middle map is better or native posts.
-The map is going to feature defending advantage over rush civs who have lame rush (russia, otto, sioux, aztec).

So, i have few questions about some possibilities which only this map will feature compared to other maps:

1. Is it possible to remove the wall from being builded in that specific map only?
2. Is it possible to put fully fattened sheeps/goats on the map as in the scenario editor?
3. Can you make the map to have the same age II mercs everytime it spawns? (some maps spawn with the same mercs i think)..

I don't know how to set the mercs to be the same, but if you linked the files to a map that does then i could do that. I don't know how to disable walls, but it is possible to run a trade route or an ice patch through a section of stuff that you dont want walled. Remember it helps me alot if you use the template and give me a complete post. What you have here wont help me make the map.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I am going to post paint made picture from the map or make the map in scenario and send you the file scenario 18-19 hours from now since i havent yet decided about the trade route stuff.
-Also, is it possible players to start with more buildings from the start (except being able to start with saloon, market, plantantions, livestock pen)..Is it possible the game to start with built native post/trade post for both sides?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:I am going to post paint made picture from the map or make the map in scenario and send you the file scenario 18-19 hours from now since i havent yet decided about the trade route stuff.
-Also, is it possible players to start with more buildings from the start (except being able to start with saloon, market, plantantions, livestock pen)..Is it possible the game to start with built native post/trade post for both sides?

I don't know how to give starting posts. That might honestly be better suited for a scenario; but once again, if you find another map with that i can replicate it.

Theoretically you could start with any additional buildings, i'd just need to figure out what they are called.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Trade post can be given by simply doing +200w since trading posts are the best possible investment of wood anywyas.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

[spoiler=just tagging you]
yohomes wrote:
Durokan wrote:

Kind of, I actually did a UV unwrap and just made it very small below the N, it's going to be all blue anyway. The problem still exists for other images and it's a big problem trying to figure out what hidden parts are in an image and which ones don't have it.
[/spoiler]

I have finished the nile river, please tell me what you think. :)
I tried to stay within your specifications, but I wasnt exactly clear on the map image. I only have 2 different areas, lush and barren. This is due to the fact that the screenshot had a grey area and a green area with a tan area in between. The tan area was never described so i just threw it in with the desert.
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Alright I'll be sure to check it out after work
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:Trade post can be given by simply doing +200w since trading posts are the best possible investment of wood anywyas.

china will most likely make village.
russia wil get so OP rush
japan will have very strong shrine eco
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom's point is that 200w of TP is worth more than two shrines, a blockhouse or a village.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Darwin_ wrote:Hi Durokan, I was wondering if you could make another map for me. I play nilla almost exclusively, so if you could make this map work on Nilla that would be heavily appreciated. Also, if you could convert Green Mountain Pass for Nilla that would also be greatly appreciated.

The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, (...) The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course.

The size of a clearing would be a good size, being able to fit a moderately sized base. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Hey you, I've got alot of stuff done. I have some questions though. Specifically, the line of "The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, (...) The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course."

What exactly does this mean? Clarify how many hunts you want and whether the "okay hunt" is separate hunts from "two medium herds." I interpreted it as I have, it seems that each player will have exactly 2 herds, or 16 hunts in total. This is what I have interpreted by okay hunt, two herds, no resources outside clearings except for trees.

Here is a progress pic.

The map works for all game sizes currently, it does a star shape when ffa is selected

Working on making your maps nilla compatible as I wait for these changes.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

[spoiler=just tagging you]

The map I was thinking of would be a carbon copy of AOE 2's Black forest. There would be two small irregularly shaped clearings in dense trees on either side with a single small choke in the middle in 1v1. In team, each team would be connected together, and there would be 1 passage through to the other team.

The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, as well as 3 silver mines. The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course. Each player would start with 1 extra wood and gold crate. There would only a few beaver treasures around the map, and other else. The trees should be fairly dense, being difficult for a unit to walk through. I would imagine that this map would use the Carolina Tile Set.

[/spoiler]

Hey, your maps now work on vanilla. Will upload both tad and nilla versions for black forest as soon as you get back to me about the hunts.

"green pass Nilla" has been added to the original link for green mountain pass in addition to the tad version.

Here are some screenshots of the maps in nilla

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Durokan wrote:[spoiler=just tagging you]

[/spoiler]

Hey, your maps now work on vanilla. Will upload both tad and nilla versions for black forest as soon as you get back to me about the hunts.

"green pass Nilla" has been added to the original link for green mountain pass in addition to the tad version.

Here are some screenshots of the maps in nilla

Looks good, but i think that black forest could probably use maybe another hunt in base, but a little farther out. Also i think the main choke could be a more consricted, like maybe the width of 2 full-length wall segments. Other than that, these look absolutely amazing. That you so much!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.