Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by Durokan »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Durokan wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Hey!Is it possible to make Andes in Christmas style like this?

With all those awesome decorated trees. You can find this map here https://www.agecommunity.com/all_downloads.aspx. It was made for AoE3.

Would be nice to see Andes in the same style!

I replaced all of the textures and resources with the proper one from the christmas map you linked. The reindeer did not seem to have red noses in either map or have christmas lights on my end. The caribou were called Reindeer and the trees TreeChristmas so it is the correct setup. If it doesn't work on your end, atleast you have a winter-y andes with gifts lying around :D

Nice! :) I still like it! Thanks a lot!

According to Aizamk, the Christmas lights and reindeers only work on TWC, not TAD. I talked to him today and he mentioned it.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Durokan wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Nice! :) I still like it! Thanks a lot!

According to Aizamk, the Christmas lights and reindeers only work on TWC, not TAD. I talked to him today and he mentioned it.

I see, good to know!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Hey!Is it possible to make Andes in Christmas style like this?

With all those awesome decorated trees. You can find this map here https://www.agecommunity.com/all_downloads.aspx. It was made for AoE3.

Would be nice to see Andes in the same style!

As far as I know that map was made for nilla. It's called Winter Wonderland and it's a version of Great Lakes Winter with presents as crates and Xmas trees. I'm quite sure it works in nilla.

It could be moved to TAD, with some changes in the proto file and maybe moving some textures from one bar file to another.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Ah yea my bad, it was released for nilla not twc. TWC's thing was turkey scouts.
oranges.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Can you make a normal sized map using New England textures with a plateau in the center with one path through it? Imagine Baja California with no water, smaller size, and only one passage through. Thank you if you can!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Darwin_ wrote:Can you make a normal sized map using New England textures with a plateau in the center with one path through it? Imagine Baja California with no water, smaller size, and only one passage through. Thank you if you can!

Got an idea for plateau thickness, hunt/mine/forest distribution, trade route, etc. IE if you run a trade route through the pass it cant be walled.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Durokan wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Can you make a normal sized map using New England textures with a plateau in the center with one path through it? Imagine Baja California with no water, smaller size, and only one passage through. Thank you if you can!

Got an idea for plateau thickness, hunt/mine/forest distribution, trade route, etc. IE if you run a trade route through the pass it cant be walled.

I was thinking fairly high hunt, but not that high. Think Baja California again. I was thinking of having 4 gold mines on each side of the map as well as one or two in the single choke point. The plateau would be about 20 meters thick, and the choke point would be about 40 meters wide. There would be two trade routes, one on each side. There wouldn't be one going through the choke.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Darwin_ wrote:
Durokan wrote:

I was thinking fairly high hunt, but not that high. Think Baja California again. I was thinking of having 4 gold mines on each side of the map as well as one or two in the single choke point. The plateau would be about 20 meters thick, and the choke point would be about 40 meters wide. There would be two trade routes, one on each side. There wouldn't be one going through the choke.

Dynamic map scaling or set to be 1v1/2v2/3v3 etc? From your statement I assume 1v1 only, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Hey, finished the orinoco stuff you wanted. It's kinda screwy on more than 1v1 player, as orinoco spawning normally is. The native sites and town centers were moved to where you wanted them, the distance between tc's and the edge of the map decreased, and the river shortened to allow better access across.

Official Notes - Differences between this and TAD Orinoco:
-Changed the spawn locations of TC's, reduced the irregularity/fluctuation of TC spawn points. The river crossing spawns on the south side for 1v1 and north for anything else. Tc's are always south side.
-Reduced the number of river crossing to 1 instead of 2, though it still sometimes gives a small chunk of water in-between them.
-Native camps moved to the top of the map in a rectangle shape. The natives themselves were not changed; only the placement was.

The resource allocation was not changed, as per your request. This can result in unbalanced spawns sometimes.

King's Orinoco 1.0 Removed due to the anticipated release of 1.1
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Durokan wrote:Hey, finished the orinoco stuff you wanted. It's kinda screwy on more than 1v1 player, as orinoco spawning normally is. The native sites and town centers were moved to where you wanted them, the distance between tc's and the edge of the map decreased, and the river shortened to allow better access across.

Official Notes - Differences between this and TAD Orinoco:
-Changed the spawn locations of TC's, reduced the irregularity/fluctuation of TC spawn points. The river crossing spawns on the south side for 1v1 and north for anything else. Tc's are always south side.
-Reduced the number of river crossing to 1 instead of 2, though it still sometimes gives a small chunk of water in-between them.
-Native camps moved to the top of the map in a rectangle shape. The natives themselves were not changed; only the placement was.

The resource allocation was not changed, as per your request. This can result in unbalanced spawns sometimes.

Hey! Good job! However, could u pls edit something. Hunts sometimes are located very differently for each player and some hunts are very far for one player. Secondly, TCs are little close to each other, since this map is for treaty, this isnt desired. I draw lines on the minimap to understand better! On the pic u provided TCs r located better, is it possible to give them fixed position? Players in treaty should be able to build at the same distance from the crossing(I drew red lines to show where players should be able to build max before treaty ends). Thank you!

Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Durokan wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Dynamic map scaling or set to be 1v1/2v2/3v3 etc? From your statement I assume 1v1 only, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Whichever is easiest for you.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Hey! Good job! However, could u pls edit something. Hunts sometimes are located very differently for each player and some hunts are very far for one player. Secondly, TCs are little close to each other, since this map is for treaty, this isnt desired. I draw lines on the minimap to understand better! On the pic u provided TCs r located better, is it possible to give them fixed position? Players in treaty should be able to build at the same distance from the crossing(I drew red lines to show where players should be able to build max before treaty ends). Thank you!

Map was completely overhauled and re-written to be balanced. It's incredibly hard to work with the maps shipped with game, so I re-wrote it all.
Attachments
Kings Orinoco V1_1.xs
(28.39 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Kings Orinoco V1_1.xml
(489 Bytes) Downloaded 101 times
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Durokan wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Hey! Good job! However, could u pls edit something. Hunts sometimes are located very differently for each player and some hunts are very far for one player. Secondly, TCs are little close to each other, since this map is for treaty, this isnt desired. I draw lines on the minimap to understand better! On the pic u provided TCs r located better, is it possible to give them fixed position? Players in treaty should be able to build at the same distance from the crossing(I drew red lines to show where players should be able to build max before treaty ends). Thank you!

Map was completely overhauled and re-written to be balanced. It's incredibly hard to work with the maps shipped with game, so I re-wrote it all.

Great job, man! I love it. Thanks a lot!
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Observer UI 2.0 for 1v1 for King's Orinoco would be great.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

You should take :

[spoiler=1]
Durokan's Custom Map Request Template

Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications.

Map Name:

Map Size/Player Count:

Resources

Hunts:

Mines:

Forests:

Herdables:

Treasures:

Identifying Features

Land layout:

Cliffs:

Water:

Traderoutes:

Natives:

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible
[/spoiler]

And make it into:

[spoiler=2]

Code: Select all

Durokan's Custom Map Request Template

Hey Durokan, I would like a map made to these specifications.

Map Name:

Map Size/Player Count:

Resources

Hunts:

Mines:

Forests:

Herdables:

Treasures:

Identifying Features

Land layout:

Cliffs:

Water:

Traderoutes:

Natives:

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible
[/spoiler]

It's just a bit easier to copy / paste with the appropriate bbcode!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Hey Durokan, maybe you could make another map? This one is less of a specific request and more up to your imagination.
I am wanting a map based on the 'Cedar Forest' as described in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the realm of the gods.
There are some quotes to help get an idea, and some of my ideas for the map.

Epic of Gilgamesh, Tablet V
"... They stood at the forest's edge,
gazing at the top of the Cedar Tree,
gazing at the entrance to the forest.
Where Humbaba would walk there was a trail,
the roads led straight on, the path was excellent.
Then they saw the Cedar Mountain, the Dwelling of the Gods, the
throne dais of Imini.
Across the face of the mountain the Cedar brought forth luxurious
foliage,
its shade was good, extremely pleasant.
The thornbushes were matted together, the woods(?) were a thicket
... among the Cedars,... the boxwood,
the forest was surrounded by a ravine two leagues long,
... and again for two-thirds (of that distance)
"

Map Name: Cedar Forest

Map Size/Player Count: It should scale Dynamically (it allows FFA, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. No OBS.) OR it should be for any 1 of the following: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 with OBS

Resources

Hunts: "They also raised cattle, sheep, goats, and pigs. They used oxen as their primary beasts of burden and donkeys or equids as their primary transport animal. Sumerians caught many fish and hunted fowl and gazelle. " These are the animals that
could be used for hunting sources in the map. I was thinking small amounts of herds, with each herd being a small amount of animals, maybe 1-2, and the primary food being berries.

Mines: Enough mines for each player. Maybe more near the "Cedar Mountain"

Forests: Should be foresty, as it is the "Cedar forest", maybe some light fog. There should be some roads and a trail as in the excerpt.

Herdables: No herdables.

Treasures: It should have some low level treasures, and than a trail leading to the main treasure, which will be later altered by me in the mod, this will be gaurded by a unit I make in the mod, "Humbaba".

Identifying Features

Land layout: All is land.

Cliffs:One cliff area for the "Cedar Mountain" with some extra mines. but not enough that if one team captures the mountain it would be an auto win.

Water: none

Traderoutes:none

Natives: no natives.

Thank you if you take this on.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

(gilgamesh map)
will do, added to list as position 3. gotta do a map for someone else then will try to figure out OBS, if i cant do that then I will make yours in position 2.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

How is the progress?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

_NiceKING_ wrote:How is the progress?

been snowed in so i havent been working that much. its also harder for me to work in the week. I have almost finished the map for the other guy and I can quickly make a obs map version for you. It will then take a while longer to do the UI as I do not know how and have not had chance to learn from aiz how to do it.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Hey, finished the Green Mountain Pass. It is a 1v1 map that supports OBS but it does not have the UI.

If you encounter any problems with the map or anything that needs fixing/changing let me know.

-fixed tc's not switching sides. player 1 used to always spawn in bot right and p2 in top left.

Hey, This map now supports Vanilla! Download the version tagged "nilla" for use in the vanilla game mode. please do not use that version in TAD.
Attachments
green pass Nilla.xs
Vanilla Only
(19.18 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
green pass Nilla.xml
Vanilla Only
(565 Bytes) Downloaded 111 times
green mountain pass.xs
(19.2 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
green mountain pass.xml
(543 Bytes) Downloaded 180 times
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Hey, I've finally decided to come forward with a request, just for fun. I love the idea behind the workshop and I can't resist. I don't have good map-making skills though maybe I should.

Durokan's Custom Map Request Template:

Let's call this map request "Guinea" (yes that's in Africa). The idea is to have a non-TP, high resource map with one twist: there is a LOT of wood on the map. There are a lot of small clumps of trees all over the map; but those clumps need to be super dense (e.g. units can't even pass through). I think that the Araucanian setting (ground and trees) could be good to use here.

Map Name: Guinea

Map Size/Player Count: Average, I guess. 1v1 map (for now)

Other:

Hunts & mines: Both sides get 4 mines and there is one mine in the middle to contest. Both sides get 4 hunts with one hunt in the middle to contest (see mini-map).

Natives should be x2 Jesuit.

Treasures: ONLY small, level 1 treasures (small treasures). Feel free to put a lot of them though.

Special request: is it possible to make the map so that resources are exactly symmetrical (number of resources and location), say across this black line: http://i.imgur.com/N4fMDMS.png ?

Minimap:

Here's a minimap drawing: http://imgur.com/a/3w917
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

iNcog wrote:Hey, I've finally decided to come forward with a request, just for fun. I love the idea behind the workshop and I can't resist. I don't have good map-making skills though maybe I should.

Durokan's Custom Map Request Template:

Let's call this map request "Guinea" (yes that's in Africa). The idea is to have a non-TP, high resource map with one twist: there is a LOT of wood on the map. There are a lot of small clumps of trees all over the map; but those clumps need to be super dense (e.g. units can't even pass through). I think that the Araucanian setting (ground and trees) could be good to use here.

Map Name: Guinea

Map Size/Player Count: Average, I guess. 1v1 map (for now)

Other:

Hunts & mines: Both sides get 4 mines and there is one mine in the middle to contest. Both sides get 4 hunts with one hunt in the middle to contest (see mini-map).

Natives should be x2 Jesuit.

Treasures: ONLY small, level 1 treasures (small treasures). Feel free to put a lot of them though.

Special request: is it possible to make the map so that resources are exactly symmetrical (number of resources and location), say across this black line: http://i.imgur.com/N4fMDMS.png ?

Minimap:

Here's a minimap drawing: http://imgur.com/a/3w917

Added to the queue, i've got two things to do before you. (UI and Gilgamesh)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Cool, thanks!

Btw will it be possible to make those trees clump up like that or not? Didn't work in scenario editor.
Garja wrote:
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

iNcog wrote:Cool, thanks!

Btw will it be possible to make those trees clump up like that or not? Didn't work in scenario editor.

I'll try my best
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

This is the 1v1 OBS version of King's Orinoco. It does not have the UI, atleast for now. I do not know how to add it for the time being.
Attachments
1v1 Kings Orinoco.xs
(27.65 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
1v1 Kings Orinoco.xml
(501 Bytes) Downloaded 86 times