Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by Durokan »

yohomes wrote:Another new map for AoE: HD Edition

Map Name: Mediteranean

Map Size/Player Count: It should scale Dynamically (it allows FFA, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. No OBS.)

Resources

Hunts: Hunts such as elephants (I don't know why but it's in original), deer, and berry trees.

Mines: Mines near players and in between.

Forests: Some clumps of forests, a few big forest areas

Herdables: It does not use herdables.

Treasures: Low level treasures, no water treasures.

Identifying Features

Land layout: Around main body of water.

Cliffs: None

Water:Middle lake/ocean

Traderoutes: None

Natives: None

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible:

This map is a copy of the age of empires 1 random map, Mediteranean.

Thanks for all the work for me and everyone else, it's really great. I have two new map ideas, I hope it's not too much.

added to queue

It's not really work to me. I enjoy doing this stuff; it's kinda like an art form. Most painters you ask will thoroughly enjoy their "work". I'll keep making maps until requests stop coming. Why don't you drop in your map ideas now if you have them. :) There aren't a whole lot of requests right now; yours is actually the only one.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Map Name: Nile River

Map Size/Player Count: It should scale Dynamically (it allows FFA, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. No OBS.)

Resources

Hunts: Hunts such as elephants, hippos, anything near the nile river. Some hunts in the desert so they player can age up, or berry bushes. Alot more hunts near river and many in delta.

Mines:Mine in the grey , no mines anywhere else. All the gold is left for the players near them in starting areas, good amount of gold.

Forests: Desert forests in grey areas, greener forests in green area. Slightly less forest in desert.

Herdables: It does not use herdables.

Treasures: Some low level treasures in the delta.

Identifying Features

Land layout: The grey area is desert, green area is grassy and lushy, with bushes and stuff

Cliffs: None.

Water: Winding river up to a little over halfway map or at halfway. Than splits into a few for the delta. Between the two players on lower river where its just one there is a shallow of moderate size, but the delta has many shallows, almost all of it is shallows.

Traderoutes: None

Natives: None

Screenshot/Drawing of Minimap if possible:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I have a somewhat weird request. I wanna see how a sc2 map would work out in aoe. What I have in mind right now is Xel Naga caverns (will post pic if that map tomorrow). Ideally youd kinda place hunts and mines where the minerals spawn.. Not really sure if you can make that work though.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Jerom wrote:I have a somewhat weird request. I wanna see how a sc2 map would work out in aoe. What I have in mind right now is Xel Naga caverns (will post pic if that map tomorrow). Ideally youd kinda place hunts and mines where the minerals spawn.. Not really sure if you can make that work though.

I'll add it once you post the picture; i'm not familiar with starcraft maps, atleast by name.
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

The light green area on the map doesn't necessarily have to be a mix between grass and desert, it can be a clear boundary. Also the map with the water in the middle should have fish/whales.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

1v1 obs deccan by request of mitoe. UI will be added at the request of aiz by mitoe.
Nothing has been changed except for the spawn locations of the Town Centers and the neccessary changes to OBS-ify the resources and cliff and nats.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Is that EP or RE Deccan? By the look of the screenshot it seems RE
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Garja wrote:Is that EP or RE Deccan? By the look of the screenshot it seems RE

It's RE, I saw a very short message in skype asking for "someone to make me an OBS deccan"
I didn't actually talk to mitoe. If he wants the EP deccan to be obs i could do that too.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

EP Deccan has some fixes for resource placement.
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

yohomes wrote:The light green area on the map doesn't necessarily have to be a mix between grass and desert, it can be a clear boundary. Also the map with the water in the middle should have fish/whales.

Quote unrelated, just notifying you.
Mediteranean is done. From what I gathered of mediteranean life the resources I picked were appropriate. Here is the resource list:
Trees: Eucalyptus
Hunts:Ibexes (closest hunt to gazelle)
Fish: Sardines and Bass
Whales: Minke

This what what gave me the idea for the tileset

Let me know if you want anything changed/fixed. If anything needs to be changed/redone/etc don't be afraid to ask. If it's not what you imagined, i'll change it etc. :)
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Mediteranean. It scales for all sizes including FFA.

Attachments
Mediteranean.xml
(546 Bytes) Downloaded 120 times
Mediteranean.xs
(12.75 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

There is New Deccan with Obs UI 2.0.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I'm not sure if you can make much of it but this is xelnaga caverns: http://starcraft-2.gamersunity.de/maps/ ... averns.jpg

There's watch towers, towers you take control of when theres a unit near that give you LOS, not really sure if thats codable in a map. Also, there are these destructible rocks that you can destroy to open up paths. I'd kinda see minerals (the blue things) as where the hunts/mines should be I suppose. Probably should move the ramp on the first base to the second base because otherwise herding is gonna be shit in aoe. Just be creative with the concept I suppose and see what you get. To be honest, doesn't even have to spawn randomly for me.
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Hey Durokan didn't load up the map yet, but looks good from thumbnail. Would it be possible for you to load up AoE1 and look at a map?

Anyway I thought of something Jerom said, could you make a convertable building or unit. I think so because the herdables such as sheep and cows change control based on if a unit is nearby.

I want to try making the AoE1 artifacts and ruins into the game, I could put them into the maps easily. But they'd be convertable and give a steady stream of gold.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

yohomes wrote:Hey Durokan didn't load up the map yet, but looks good from thumbnail. Would it be possible for you to load up AoE1 and look at a map?

Anyway I thought of something Jerom said, could you make a convertable building or unit. I think so because the herdables such as sheep and cows change control based on if a unit is nearby.

I want to try making the AoE1 artifacts and ruins into the game, I could put them into the maps easily. But they'd be convertable and give a steady stream of gold.

I don't own aoe1 sadly. I don't know how to make convertable buildings, but if you did either of us could certainly add them into the maps. I have exactly zero experience with triggers. I'm just a guy who places stuff around on a map. :)
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Jerom wrote:I'm not sure if you can make much of it but this is xelnaga caverns: http://starcraft-2.gamersunity.de/maps/ ... averns.jpg

There's watch towers, towers you take control of when theres a unit near that give you LOS, not really sure if thats codable in a map. Also, there are these destructible rocks that you can destroy to open up paths. I'd kinda see minerals (the blue things) as where the hunts/mines should be I suppose. Probably should move the ramp on the first base to the second base because otherwise herding is gonna be shit in aoe. Just be creative with the concept I suppose and see what you get. To be honest, doesn't even have to spawn randomly for me.

All things are going well so far. I have a few question about putting on the final touches.

Where do you want the trees most importantly, and secondly do you want treasures, and if so what map set and where?

Screenshot doesn't look all that impressive but I can assure you it does bear a striking resemblance to the Xel Naga Caverns.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Nice dude, Im not sure where to place the trees. Just make it so that theres some trees scattered around I guess?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Jerom wrote:Nice dude, Im not sure where to place the trees. Just make it so that theres some trees scattered around I guess?

Done, uploading map right now.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Xel Naga Caverns, based on the namesake from Starcraft II.
Attachments
XelNaga.xs
(22.18 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
XelNaga.xml
(612 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:EP Deccan has some fixes for resource placement.

I thought we didn't touch Deccan?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ESOC New Deccan has no river and some other fixes.
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Post by yohomes »

Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GIMP/comments/ ... _an_image/

Seems like no one I know can help me with it.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Aizamk's cow pasture. This is a relaxing map; it is not a balanced map to be played in any standard game.
Attachments
aiz.xs
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
aiz.xml
(551 Bytes) Downloaded 84 times
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hi Durokan, I was wondering if you could make another map for me. I play nilla almost exclusively, so if you could make this map work on Nilla that would be heavily appreciated. Also, if you could convert Green Mountain Pass for Nilla that would also be greatly appreciated.

The map I was thinking of would be a carbon copy of AOE 2's Black forest. There would be two small irregularly shaped clearings in dense trees on either side with a single small choke in the middle in 1v1. In team, each team would be connected together, and there would be 1 passage through to the other team.

The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, as well as 3 silver mines. The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course. Each player would start with 1 extra wood and gold crate. There would only a few beaver treasures around the map, and other else. The trees should be fairly dense, being difficult for a unit to walk through. I would imagine that this map would use the Carolina Tile Set.

The size of a clearing would be a good size, being able to fit a moderately sized base. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Darwin_ wrote:Hi Durokan, I was wondering if you could make another map for me. I play nilla almost exclusively, so if you could make this map work on Nilla that would be heavily appreciated. Also, if you could convert Green Mountain Pass for Nilla that would also be greatly appreciated.

The map I was thinking of would be a carbon copy of AOE 2's Black forest. There would be two small irregularly shaped clearings in dense trees on either side with a single small choke in the middle in 1v1. In team, each team would be connected together, and there would be 1 passage through to the other team.

The map would have okay hunt, two medium herds of deer in each player's clearing, as well as 3 silver mines. The only other resources outside of each player's clearings would be the trees, of course. Each player would start with 1 extra wood and gold crate. There would only a few beaver treasures around the map, and other else. The trees should be fairly dense, being difficult for a unit to walk through. I would imagine that this map would use the Carolina Tile Set.

The size of a clearing would be a good size, being able to fit a moderately sized base. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

How do I make a map work on vanilla? Is there something like initializing tad civs that doesn't allow it in your RM1 folder? I will do that stuff at some point. :) Added to queue