Announcing Congo Mod!

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Ukraine ryanprice
Crossbow
ESO: RyanPrice

Re: Announcing Congo Mod!

Post by ryanprice »

pecelot wrote:tbh this civ looks OP

It needs to be tested a lot, but seems like this mod has totally failed, so thereĀ“s no one but my friends who I can play with.

According to my experience, Congo has a quite weak colonial, they just canĀ“t survive any colonial rush after their Batta Musks from a shipment are dead. They are ok in Fortess and maybe OP in Industrial though.

Although this mod has failed, I am making a second civ now, it will be uploaded here asap. It will be easier to install thanks to Unhardcode Patcher (no more deleting files in Documents/My Games) and will contain some bug fixes for Congo.
Sup players are more handsome
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

well, you can't really say the mod has failed. I guess the purpose of it wasn't to make it the main game mode, but it's a nice addition certainly. Maybe needs a little bit more of advertisement.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

pecelot wrote:well, you can't really say the mod has failed. I guess the purpose of it wasn't to make it the main game mode, but it's a nice addition certainly. Maybe needs a little bit more of advertisement.

It needs new unit models for sure to attract more people. Units that look the same and have different stats is confusing and do not make the civ look that unique imo.
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

The bitter truth just is that (usually) only people coming from a specific country will play one-civ-mods. The only realistic way to get a lot of players play a single new civ is to implement the civ into an already popular project.

Since from my own researches I know that the Kongolese kingdom(s) were a major African power during the time of AoE3, I can actually imagine them being an AoE3 major civ. So collaborating on a hypothetical civ outline for NE is something I can offer you. Whether I'd implement that civ in the end (ofc, with unique designs and so forth) depends pretty much on the concept and it's doability. :)