Map team question

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Map team question

Post by n0el »

Question for all you map makers. Is it possible to make a similar feature in an aoe3 map like a xelnaga tower from sc2? For those that don't know, a xelnaga tower is a neutral building that grants a certain line of sight to whoevers units are within range.
mad cuz bad
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Re: Map team question

Post by Mimsy for President »

n0eL wrote:Question for all you map makers. Is it possible to make a similar feature in an aoe3 map like a xelnaga tower from sc2? For those that don't know, a xelnaga tower is a neutral building that grants a certain line of sight to whoevers units are within range.
Could be doable imo by using the same process as silk road's tps or koth's fort.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

+1

This is one of the things my body has wanted to most since I learned you can make maps.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I would like a map where you don't know where your opponent spawned, like SC2. 3 possible spawning spots for each player or something like that. I think rikikipu told me it's possible.

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

yoqpasa wrote:I would like a map where you don't know where your opponent spawned, like SC2. 3 possible spawning spots for each player or something like that. I think rikikipu told me it's possible.

That's super easy to code. you just have an if statement with different spawn locations. I'm working on an unkown remake which should be pretty cool.

Also to answer the OP's question, I am unfamiliar with how triggers work so I don't know how to make switching towers or something. I'd suggest asking rikki, he might know how to do it.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

n0eL wrote:Question for all you map makers. Is it possible to make a similar feature in an aoe3 map like a xelnaga tower from sc2? For those that don't know, a xelnaga tower is a neutral building that grants a certain line of sight to whoevers units are within range.

This is doable, but would be something you'd find easier to create using Proto.xml. You'd basically be adding a "new" unit with different unit tags and effects. A map would then set a general placement for that unit using coordiantes.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I'm 90% sure we can do it with triggers, just need to take care if the trigger isn't bugged.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Make it realistic, e.g. a watch tower or something.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Might be fun to pull the code from the Andes map which was supposed to have an Incan watch tower. That would make it stand out and feel different than the European or Asian towers.