Modding the UI

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France iNcog
Ninja

Modding the UI

Post by iNcog »

Hello, modders,

I have a few questions about modding the UI, in the same way that Qaz and Ekanta have done before. I want to mess around with modding the UI, just to get some ideas on how it's done.

Which files should do I need to mod?

Do I need to keep anything in particular in my mind when trying to mod the UI?

Thanks in advance
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Modding the UI

Post by musketeer925 »

Since no one answered this, it's going to be any xml file that starts with ui in the data3.bar (and potentially the data.bar as well, depending on what you're modding specifically). Primarily for in-game, it's uicommandpanelnew.xml, uiminimapnew.xml, uicommandpanelnewmin.xml (for the minimized version of the UI), and I believe uimainnew.xml.

Easiest way to find out is to install a UI mod to an empty folder and see what files they've edited, and compare those files to the ones in the bars.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

musketeer925 wrote:Since no one answered this, it's going to be any xml file that starts with ui in the data3.bar (and potentially the data.bar as well, depending on what you're modding specifically). Primarily for in-game, it's uicommandpanelnew.xml, uiminimapnew.xml, uicommandpanelnewmin.xml (for the minimized version of the UI), and I believe uimainnew.xml.

Easiest way to find out is to install a UI mod to an empty folder and see what files they've edited, and compare those files to the ones in the bars.

I think most of incogs requests have been handled when Eaglemut modded Ekanta's UI for us :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

musketeer925 wrote:Since no one answered this, it's going to be any xml file that starts with ui in the data3.bar (and potentially the data.bar as well, depending on what you're modding specifically). Primarily for in-game, it's uicommandpanelnew.xml, uiminimapnew.xml, uicommandpanelnewmin.xml (for the minimized version of the UI), and I believe uimainnew.xml.

Thank you. ^^

As jerom said eaglemut has since looked things over and managed to do what I had in mind, though this information is still pretty useful since it gives me the knowledge to mess around with things in the future if I want.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

@iNcog if you want I can put up each ui command and description. It was deleted off aoe3heaven in 2006 for some reason, but I still have it.
Error 404: Signature not found
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

hmm

thank you for the offer, but eaglemut covered me! ^^
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:@iNcog if you want I can put up each ui command and description. It was deleted off aoe3heaven in 2006 for some reason, but I still have it.

It was deleted off aoe3heaven in 2015 because of potential misuse by people like marsbar. :chinese:
oranges.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah that was my first thought when i read noissance's post but i wasn't sure

glad to know that noissance is ready to spread some potential cheating information rofl
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Well to be honest, the list is extremely helpful for legit modders, nothing wrong with spreading it so long as it's to people who won't misuse it.
oranges.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

My favorite is a send team resource ui I found on ageheaven. @Aizamk I am not uploading it, just sending it to people who mod ui's. I find it useful for this scenario mod ive been working on. I can post an edited list, since I think I know which commands can be abused.
Error 404: Signature not found