Could anyone mod ekanta UI for me?

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Could anyone mod ekanta UI for me?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Do you think this UI improves your gameplay?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Do you think this UI improves your gameplay?

It's not about game-play, it's about something which looks more polished.

The same way that playing on higher graphics doesn't improve your game-play.

@Jerom I'll check this evening.

@EAGLEMUT that sounds super cool. My only possible area of improvement would be to bring the building queues back to the right, but that's personal taste and it's something that you can get used to.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Do you think this UI improves your gameplay?

Compared to ekanta, probably yes. Compared to minimized, idk.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

hello i tried this ui and I cant dragbox I dont know why, I'd like to uninstall it, can anyone tell me how
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tedere12 wrote:hello i tried this ui and I cant dragbox I dont know why, I'd like to uninstall it, can anyone tell me how

That is really weird. It worked completely fine for me.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

tedere12 wrote:hello i tried this ui and I cant dragbox I dont know why, I'd like to uninstall it, can anyone tell me how

Hey, I don't know why the UI would cause that, but I've occasionally had this problem happen regardless of UI when I use ALT+TAB on the match loading screen. When the game loads I see everything as selected and can't really dragbox, maybe that's also what happened to you? If so, this happens on the official UI as well and you can fix it by simply pressing ALT when it happens.

If ALT doesn't help, here's how you can delete the custom UI:

In your main Age of Empires III folder:
1. Remove folder located in art/ui/ingame
2. Remove all files starting with "ui" from folder data

After deleting this stuff you should be back to the official UI.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Hey, thanks for repliying. What do you mean the files that start with ui? I can not find any file.[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

tedere12 wrote:Hey, thanks for repliying. What do you mean the files that start with ui?

EAGLEMUT wrote:2. Remove all files starting with "ui" from folder data

This folder is also located in the main AoE3 directory, I wasn't 100% clear on that.
So you need to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Empires III\bin\data ;)
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
tedere12 wrote:Hey, thanks for repliying. What do you mean the files that start with ui?

EAGLEMUT wrote:2. Remove all files starting with "ui" from folder data

This folder is also located in the main AoE3 directory, I wasn't 100% clear on that.
So you need to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Empires III\bin\data ;)

Thanks for helping, turned out that it was my mouse's fault. Idk why but the error was only occuring ingame.
So they ui is fine for sure
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

tedere12 wrote:Thanks for helping, turned out that it was my mouse's fault. Idk why but the error was only occuring ingame.
So they ui is fine for sure

Glad to hear that! :)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Added uninstallation steps to the official page.

Jerom wrote:I think the xp thing when you kill things might have disappeared due to this mod. Could you confirm this?

Not confirmed - works for me: http://imgur.com/a/nIwUO
I know there is a bug that the XP floating numbers will stop showing when you change your graphic settings while inside a match, but that happens regardless of having this UI installed. I don't know of any workaround, XP won't be showing until your next match.

@pecelot I have tried KotH and I can see the timer, it is located on the top left: http://imgur.com/a/nIwUO
It seems weird to me that you would miss that, can you actually see it there on your installation? If it's buggy, I could restore it to the original non-Ekanta position.

iNcog wrote: My only possible area of improvement would be to bring the building queues back to the right, but that's personal taste and it's something that you can get used to.

Would you want the queue just swapped with unit details as they are now in the modified UI, or allll the way back to the right in its own panel above the main panel like in official UI? I think swapping would be better, otherwise we go back to wasting a lot of space.
I am considering to start using the UI myself, but the current position of building queue irks me as well.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:@pecelot I have tried KotH and I can see the timer, it is located on the top left: http://imgur.com/a/nIwUO
It seems weird to me that you would miss that, can you actually see it there on your installation? If it's buggy, I could restore it to the original non-Ekanta position.

Now that I have my new laptop, I have the timer shown properly, maybe it was somehow bugged on my PC. When I'll get access to that, I'll maybe check it out, although now I don't feel the need for that ;p But thanks for your interest :flowers:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
iNcog wrote: My only possible area of improvement would be to bring the building queues back to the right, but that's personal taste and it's something that you can get used to.

Would you want the queue just swapped with unit details as they are now in the modified UI, or allll the way back to the right in its own panel above the main panel like in official UI? I think swapping would be better, otherwise we go back to wasting a lot of space.
I am considering to start using the UI myself, but the current position of building queue irks me as well.

I'm not sure, hmm

As long as it's nice and visible, I guess.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Russia Vladislav
Crossbow
ESO: Vladislaw

Post by Vladislav »

Jerom wrote:I've been wanting an improved version of the Ekanta UI for a while. I think it's really pretty and I've honestly gotten used to it, but its also puts on a shitload of additional information and shortcuts that aren't really helping me (rather cluttering my mind). I'd mod it myself but I have no idea how I'd do that, so I'd be super happy if anyone can help me out with it. In the following image, red means just remove the information (less is more :p), It'd be awesome if the unit queue could be moved to the area specified by the green box. If anyone could do this I'd be extremely grateful.

The asian UI is slightly different. I'd be happy if the export information could be preserved haha.

[spoiler=image of asian UI]Image[/spoiler]

theme still relevant ?