ESOC maps UI 2.062 *NEW*

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
India _DB_
Howdah

Re: ESOC maps UI 2.062 *NEW*

Post by _DB_ »

When will the new update come on ep
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

_DB_ wrote:When will the new update come on ep

We need to have the eso servers working to do the update.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Is it just me, or these maps feel smaller than last ones? Especially Colorado, it seems way too small.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Some are indeed cut, but Bonnie Springs, Tassili and Klondike especially are pretty big ones I feel ^^
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Atomiswave wrote:Is it just me, or these maps feel smaller than last ones? Especially Colorado, it seems way too small.

Hey, Colorado is small for sure,but to give you a benchmark size with other RE small maps :

Colorado : 268 meters x 336 meters
Painted Desert : 252 meters x 252 meters

So Colorado is small, but not too small (even if we take into account the external cliff which reduce the size of the map).
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Rikikipu wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:Is it just me, or these maps feel smaller than last ones? Especially Colorado, it seems way too small.

Hey, Colorado is small for sure,but to give you a benchmark size with other RE small maps :

Colorado : 268 meters x 336 meters
Painted Desert : 252 meters x 252 meters

So Colorado is small, but not too small (even if we take into account the external cliff which reduce the size of the map).

Yes, its probably because those cliff sides. It seemed smaller and more confined than usual.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:Some are indeed cut, but Bonnie Springs, Tassili and Klondike especially are pretty big ones I feel ^^

Weirdly enough tassili felt small to me.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

By the way Adirondack and Klondike only give 1 cherry orchard to Japan despite no starting berries. That's not intended. The issue was already addressed for rated map and will be definetely fixed in the next patch update, but for Obs ones it may be different. The problem at the moment is that 88 people seem to have downloaded the custom maps already so can't really upload those fixed maps with the samename. And a new name would be awkard as well.
My guess is that they will be fixed for the next tourney, when Aizamk will also release the new UI (if that's the case).
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

New UI 2.1 is being actively worked on. Completion ETA unknown, depends how much of the stuff I want to put in gets put in. Most changes so far are to do with code structure and minor bug fixes.

[spoiler=Change log so far if anyone is interested]Change log:
-Structural changes to script to allow for easier copy pasta into other maps
-Support added for echoing player positions if a boolean is enabled in the RMS, for RMS designer use when copy pastaing UI code
-Pre-researched techs at the start of the game will no longer appear in the UI, e.g. saloon techs, India's wood gathering upgrades
-Observing computers will start off as resigned
-Changed the way TPs are calculated so as to ease access of copypasta
-Removed some of the unused relics of code from early versions of UI 2.0
-Created a MusicOverAesthetics option which removes some functionality in exchange for allowing music to play (for jp community as they seem to like keeping in-game music on whilst casting)
-Deciding whether the framework for viewlock is set up or not is now processed at the higher RMS level rather than xs level.
-Some aesthetic changes to how the lower UI displays a player's name when they have resigned
-UI now supports 3v3 games
-Player colours now display behind their shipment progress bars
-Shipment pop-ups now display as chats instead of a black pop-up if an observer does not have the UI installed
-Fixed some problems with the camera movement in recorded games (not 100% done yet)
-Fixed a bug with the lower display being spaced incorrectly when a player reaches age IV
-Added a framework for loading custom configurations as in 1.7 (though still not yet fully implemented)
-Fixed a problem with images not being correctly displayed for certain unit shipments in the UI.
-Certain shadow techs which were not meant to be visible have now been removed.[/spoiler]
oranges.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Looking forward to it Aiz :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Sounds awesome, you guys are seriously amazing. :')

Edit: Garja, why not fix the maps and upload the same maphack with just the same names? Have people overwrite the maps with those bugs, ez pz
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

iNcog wrote:why not fix the maps and upload the same maphack with just the same names?

Yes please :lol:

But on a serious note, that causes lots of problems when say one person who has updated their map meets on ESO with a person who hasn't updated their map.
oranges.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

oops lol "map pack"*

hmm yeah that makes sense, goes in line with me not thinking things through to the end

well, everyone should just update but i guess that's indeed too difficult to enforce since these are custom maps, not actual maps part of esoc map sets.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

iNcog wrote:Sounds awesome, you guys are seriously amazing. :')

Edit: Garja, why not fix the maps and upload the same maphack with just the same names? Have people overwrite the maps with those bugs, ez pz

+1

Just give us updated map pack. :D
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

cause not everyone will fix so there will be 2 diff maps with same name
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

SO call it ui 2.062a?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Can the RE random set of ESOC maps be updated with the new ones? Right now on TAD when I choose that option from the map pool it chooses only from the old ESOC maps.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

@pecelot
Take care, because with the last update all maps have been renamed/updated. You need to copy all the maps from your RMF folder in your install directory (Steam or Microsoft Games if CD) to your RM3 folder in your local directory (My Documents)
Attachments
EsocMapsMarch2016.set
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Thanks a lot! :)
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Is it possible to add tp quantity in map descriptions? I think it would be useful info for new players who are not familiar with new maps.