Rip ESO-A

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
ESO: XaKOps

Re: ESO-Assistant | version 3.4 | by XaKO

Post by XaKOps »

Flags from Economic Calculator
[spoiler=miniatures]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
Attachments
Flags.zip
(934.98 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Re: ESO-Assistant | version 3.5 | by XaKO

Post by XaKOps »

Update 3.5 - 18.11.16
  • New tool - IP checker. (IPs from your lobby and detail info about IP: flag, country, city, local time).
  • Replacing IE -> Chromium engine. Removed chat bugs and new css design.
[spoiler=Screens]Image
Image[/spoiler]

P.S. Starting with version 3.5, auto-update uses Dropbox. You need to manually download the new version from the forum.
Download
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

XaKOps wrote:Update 3.5 - 18.11.16
  • New tool - IP checker. (IPs from your lobby and detail info about IP: flag, country, city, local time).
[spoiler=Screens]Image
Image[/spoiler]

P.S. Starting with version 3.5, auto-update uses Dropbox. You need to manually download the new version from the forum.
Download

I think you just killed smurfing =/

IP checker should not have been made available to the public.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

dicktator_ wrote:
XaKOps wrote:Update 3.5 - 18.11.16
[spoiler=Screens]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Download

I think you just killed smurfing =/

IP checker should not have been made available to the public.

Smurfing was one of the things what made this game interessting whit so less pp .... imo you shouldnt do this
shit juice :hmm:
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

I feel like you'd have to know where people are from and their IP addresses in the first place to actually correctly sniff out smurfs using that information.

Smurfing isn't that cool anyways when you're on the other team and you agree to go with a lesser teammate/civ combo to accommodate someone who isn't being up front about who they are. The most fun games are the closest matched ones anyways, as you'd all (I'm sure) agree.

Always have loved the ESO-Assistant. Keep up the great work. :smile:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol you're not supposed to know where other people come from like this, by checking ip. It's none of your business. Actually not sure it's even legal
Smurfing is a necessity for this game to live. If smurfing was not possible, maybe like half the players would stop this game. For example I would, because then I wouldn't be able to find any game most of the time.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

The game is P2P, though. I guess that's what ruins it. Would be a shame if we were forced to pay for a good VPN to play this game anonymously without lag.
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I like it
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Gendarme wrote:The game is P2P, though. I guess that's what ruins it. Would be a shame if we were forced to pay for a good VPN to play this game anonymously without lag.

I wouldn´t buy a VPN and use a bad one...

The reson:
LAG
GG
WP
no RE
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's not like it's impossible to do so yourself, I'm amazed by your OP logic.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol you're not supposed to know where other people come from like this, by checking ip. It's none of your business. Actually not sure it's even legal
Smurfing is a necessity for this game to live. If smurfing was not possible, maybe like half the players would stop this game. For example I would, because then I wouldn't be able to find any game most of the time.

Perhaps the logic is different in 1v1? In team games I disagree 100% with you, and I'm still not sure that it's any different in 1v1.

For example, if I'm (1st Lieut) agreeing to team with a Sergeant because the other team is a low 2nd lieut and a Sergeant, and I agree to go Dutch and let them go France to help make it fair, I am going to be quite annoyed when the Sergeant tells me after they've rolled my teammate that he's actually a Major on his main. This actually happened last week and isn't all that uncommon.

I'd argue it's actually worse for the game than the high ranks having to find fair matchups. :roll:
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

In the next update I'll add VPN checker for IP.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gear_Head wrote:Perhaps the logic is different in 1v1? In team games I disagree 100% with you, and I'm still not sure that it's any different in 1v1.

For example, if I'm (1st Lieut) agreeing to team with a Sergeant because the other team is a low 2nd lieut and a Sergeant, and I agree to go Dutch and let them go France to help make it fair, I am going to be quite annoyed when the Sergeant tells me after they've rolled my teammate that he's actually a Major on his main. This actually happened last week and isn't all that uncommon.

I'd argue it's actually worse for the game than the high ranks having to find fair matchups. :roll:

Ok so tell me how I will find a 1v1 when everyone can see who I am, it means i have to play 24/7 on my main, and can play only with pr 35+ ?
Tell me how I team with a lieut mate, when I can't smurf ?
It's hypocrisy anyway, a large majority of team players just go random (especially on 3v3 deccan !!) so games aren't fair anyway. All this is gonna bring is everyone needing to download a vpn, which means more lag for nothing. Overall this IP tool is just destructive.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

What happens if you're on VPN when starting the game, but DC and reconnect using your normal connection when the game starts? Will you drop and not be able to reconnect, or does it work?
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

It´s to late anyway...
BUT its not alowed to save Ip´s
§ 1004 Abs. 1 Satz 2 BGB
in germany...

and i dont want that anyone save my IP
please remove this
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

If you disconnect from a vpn you disconnect from the game. However most good vpn services will almost never go down.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Afaik it's also not allowed to give information thanks to IP, like the country/city of the user. This shit is very borderline. Insane to see esoc doesn't care when you promote a tool that saves IP and gives private information about random users, but goes full mad when someone shows a screen with monstertrucks...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

from what I've heard, some players use it already, what would possibly wrong with that? also, in ESO-A you have a blacklist, so promoted by you, that is not endorsed by ESOC :!:
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Every time you interact with someone on the internet you are sharing your IP address. Not like this is some super private piece of information. It is basically the most public thing ever so making it visible is no big deal in my opinion.

Your IP is reassigned by you ISP fairly regularly so you wont be able to distinguish between people on the same ISP but with a community this small that probably doesn't really make a difference. At the same time I doubt many people will be constantly checking the IPs and then cross reverencing against a list of known ISPs of good players just to avoid a game or two against a smurf so this really is a non issue.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

Kaiserklein wrote:Ok so tell me how I will find a 1v1 when everyone can see who I am, it means i have to play 24/7 on my main, and can play only with pr 35+ ?
Tell me how I team with a lieut mate, when I can't smurf ?
It's hypocrisy anyway, a large majority of team players just go random (especially on 3v3 deccan !!) so games aren't fair anyway. All this is gonna bring is everyone needing to download a vpn, which means more lag for nothing. Overall this IP tool is just destructive.

Nobody's making you play with PR35+. I remember how excited I was the last time there was an extremely high PR guy on the other team in one of my games. Putting up the best fight you can to see how you measure up is exhilarating.
You just go in the lobby and see who shows up. When there's a really high PR, he/she teams with the lowest PR and the rest go random. You make it as fair as possible and then have a crack.

Even Azon gets 1v1 games, and everyone knows he's doing Otto Fast Rev on Treaty 10. The only reason his history doesn't have anybody above MS level is because he kicks anyone above MS.

All that said, I think this is turning into a discussion on whether or not smurfing is okay and not so much about the ESO-A that XaKo has made for us. I think if we want to talk about the merits of smurfing, we should do it in another topic or area of communication. :smile:

purplesquid wrote:Every time you interact with someone on the internet you are sharing your IP address. Not like this is some super private piece of information. It is basically the most public thing ever so making it visible is no big deal in my opinion.

Your IP is reassigned by you ISP fairly regularly so you wont be able to distinguish between people on the same ISP but with a community this small that probably doesn't really make a difference. At the same time I doubt many people will be constantly checking the IPs and then cross reverencing against a list of known ISPs of good players just to avoid a game or two against a smurf so this really is a non issue.

This is 100% my thinking from the first part of my first post above in alot better words. Also you're right on about the IP address being quite public.

IMO, it's more useful in tracking cheaters, because the only time you're going to want to dig through your scratch paper for an IP address is to avoid someone you think is a hacker.

The only people who have anything to lose from this tool are smurfs and cheaters, and all they lose is in-game opportunity. Few will go to the effort to record every smurf's IP, but some may record the IPs of known cheaters. I think the pros outweigh the cons here by a mile.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:from what I've heard, some players use it already, what would possibly wrong with that? also, in ESO-A you have a blacklist, so promoted by you, that is not endorsed by ESOC :!:

Who cares if players already do it on their own ? It's not the same as spreading it like this. You could also say that some players already use mh, so what's wrong with spreading it ? It just makes the game more fair ! Seriously though, this argument is useless.
Also I doubt people usually have a tool where they can register people's name... That's the main issue, with this tool you know exactly who everyone is. Just hover the ip with your mouse, and you see "Kaiser" appearing, regardless of what account I'm using. Disgusting.
Not sure what the blacklist has to do with what I'm saying though ? I do like the concept, however it spots only cheaters who spawn cheat units, aka the most irrelevant cheaters. Those guys usually wait for you in qs anyway, because everyone knows who they are since spawning monster truck is obviously a cheat. The real cheaters, those for whom we need a bl, are those who use sneaky moesbar cheats, like spawning some villagers here, a few huss there... For those you need a crowdfunded bl, based on post-game stats.

Gear_Head wrote:Nobody's making you play with PR35+. I remember how excited I was the last time there was an extremely high PR guy on the other team in one of my games. Putting up the best fight you can to see how you measure up is exhilarating.
You just go in the lobby and see who shows up. When there's a really high PR, he/she teams with the lowest PR and the rest go random. You make it as fair as possible and then have a crack.

Ye ok good for you, but if I try to team up with a pr 20 mate with my pr 39 acc, I doubt I will find a lot of games. Especially when one of us has to host, then either only pr 30+ or only lieuts join, and it's never fair and people leave. Even just the fact that 2 players are teaming together is usually enough to make people leave the game (still didn't understand why though), so with this pr gap it's even worse.

Gear_Head wrote:Even Azon gets 1v1 games, and everyone knows he's doing Otto Fast Rev on Treaty 10. The only reason his history doesn't have anybody above MS level is because he kicks anyone above MS.

Well cool for him, but when I host a game on my main I don't find an opponent, 90% of the time. Nvm I do have some players under ms joining too, but I'm not a noobasher so I don't play this.

Gear_Head wrote:All that said, I think this is turning into a discussion on whether or not smurfing is okay and not so much about the ESO-A that XaKo has made for us. I think if we want to talk about the merits of smurfing, we should do it in another topic or area of communication. :smile:

Smurfing is ofc ok. Everyone has always done it, because it's just the only way for a high rank to get a game sometimes, or to play with a much lower mate. Also a good way to not get annoyed by some people pming you all the time sometimes

purplesquid wrote:Every time you interact with someone on the internet you are sharing your IP address. Not like this is some super private piece of information. It is basically the most public thing ever so making it visible is no big deal in my opinion.

Didn't complain about IP itself

purplesquid wrote:Your IP is reassigned by you ISP fairly regularly so you wont be able to distinguish between people on the same ISP but with a community this small that probably doesn't really make a difference. At the same time I doubt many people will be constantly checking the IPs and then cross reverencing against a list of known ISPs of good players just to avoid a game or two against a smurf so this really is a non issue.

Well since after like 2 days or so that this tool exists, my IP is already saved inside, I'm pretty sure people will have fun doing this stuff.

Gear_Head wrote:IMO, it's more useful in tracking cheaters, because the only time you're going to want to dig through your scratch paper for an IP address is to avoid someone you think is a hacker.

Then why register everyone in here ? Why am I inside this ?

Gear_Head wrote:The only people who have anything to lose from this tool are smurfs and cheaters, and all they lose is in-game opportunity. Few will go to the effort to record every smurf's IP, but some may record the IPs of known cheaters. I think the pros outweigh the cons here by a mile.

If the pros are just to record the IPs of cheaters, then why record random people's IP ? And you say the pros outweigh the cons because you probs have np finding a game... For me the cons outweigh the pros by far, if this tool becomes popular it basically means I can't play with people under pr 30. I would probs have to stop the game tbh, or just play from time to time when a friend is online.
Also so many people have a smurf acc... Maybe like half the players or sth... So don't call them "the only people", it's maybe even a majority of players :')
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

@Kaiserklein @dicktator_
1. The ESO-Assistant is not popular. From 9 to 16 users per day.
2. The names and ip need to manually match.
3. I understand from these posts - smurfing is wonderful. Soon cheaters will become wonderful too. It's one thing to play on another account because of the lack of games. Others do it consistently and deliberately to humiliate other players. And the second group is the majority.
When smurfs come into my room, I invite them to come under the main account. If they do not want, then I pest them. Because it's not fair to lose to a PR20 player when he's actually PR30.
4. You could PM me and we could resolve this issue. Without public posts.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

XaKOps wrote:1. The ESO-Assistant is not popular. From 9 to 16 users per day.

It's just a matter of principle, not about how many guys use this. I don't want some guys to know who I am when I'm not on my main. Not their business.

XaKOps wrote:2. The names and ip need to manually match.

What does that even mean ?

XaKOps wrote:3. I understand from these posts - smurfing is wonderful. Soon cheaters will become wonderful too. It's one thing to play on another account because of the lack of games. Others do it consistently and deliberately to humiliate other players. And the second group is the majority.
When smurfs come into my room, I invite them to come under the main account. If they do not want, then I pest them. Because it's not fair to lose to a PR20 player when he's actually PR30.

Smurfing isn't wonderful. It's a necessity. If I could just play on my main and always get a game, then I would do it all the time. Sadly I can't because people don't play vs pr 39 most of the time. Not sure what that has to do with cheaters btw. And I'm also pretty sure that a lot of players smurf to get games and not to humiliate people... And either way, it sucks to punish legit smurfs just because of the other ones.

XaKOps wrote:4. You could PM me and we could resolve this issue. Without public posts.

What would it change ? There's a thread dedicated to your tool, so I just posted inside it, dunno what's wrong with that. Also it's not just about you fixing this issue, but also that I like discussing it with other people. How do you think you would resolve this issue anyway ? You can PM me about this if you prefer, I don't mind.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

Kaiserklein wrote:
XaKOps wrote:2. The names and ip need to manually match.

What does that even mean ?

Initially, only the ip list is known. Without names. You can find out what ip belongs to a player only if it's 1vs1. If it's a team game, you can not identify who is who.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Thanks a lot! This is a cool feature. Now I can know when sirmusket tries to smurf me! [spoiler=spoiler]unsuccesfully so :uglylol: Image[/spoiler]