Widget for site news

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
ESO: XaKOps

Widget for site news

Post by XaKOps »

What do you think guys, is it a good idea to make a widget for the site news? You will be able to receive notifications about the latest activity in the forum, without openning the browser. (Title, author, date of message and link). It will save time and traffic.
If someone liked the idea, then I can write this widget tomorrow.

I will take info from Feed

Download
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Re: Widget for site news

Post by XaKOps »

Widget is done! You can view the latest active topics, and also get notifications (with sound) about new messages.

Screen:

Get test version
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Thats cool. Might try it out, but Im on esoc so frequently it might not make a difference.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

Jerom wrote:Thats cool. Might try it out, but Im on esoc so frequently it might not make a difference.

Yeah you are moderator :smile: . But there are reasons why I'm going to use this widget:
1. Conveniently, if open a lot of tabs.
2. Speed.
3. High-quality design.
4. Traffic savings.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

I will add this widget in the next version ESO-Assistant. Also you can download all widgets (ESO-status, Twitchers and Feeds) separately without ESO-Assistant. Wait for the update!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

This is super cool.

XakOps seriously, I wonder if you shouldn't be working on the patch launcher yourself. ^^"

Your ESO assistant should become the patch launcher tbh
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

iNcog wrote:This is super cool.

XakOps seriously, I wonder if you shouldn't be working on the patch launcher yourself. ^^"

:lol: No comments :smile:
To be honest, things that I do a pretty simple. I just enjoy my work.
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

XaKOps wrote:I will add this widget in the next version ESO-Assistant. Also you can download all widgets (ESO-status, Twitchers and Feeds) separately without ESO-Assistant. Wait for the update!

When a new message arrive, I cant see the notification like your print

Another things can be improved:
- When I Press Windows + D the widget disappears, the only way I can see it is if I minimizes all windows.
- Add the statistics graphics of games, it really useful, gives an idea of how the game was.
- Make the unrated games button show a page equal the rated games (List of games and Detail)
- Make the Launch game shortcut find for the installation and launch it. It does not work for me currently because the installation of my game is custom.

iNcog wrote:This is super cool.

Because Pedda and me are working on it.
if you are not enjoying the time it is taking, create your own team and do it, or stop talking the same shit when you have opportunity :smile:
Seriously, I cant spend all my free time to ESOC, I need to have a life too.
This was one of the reasons of Adam have left of the team, we had lots of ideas and plans but no time useful to do all this.
I was doing the "ESOC Replays", this would similar to RTS-S and I was with the plan to create a script to download all twitch streams and upload to Youtube, so you can search for streams and if a stream has recorded game, you have the option to watch both.
But I do not have time to finish it, it is about 60% complete.
I missed the point but whatever :roll:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm not shitting on anything or anyone... not sure why you're saying that. I appreciate it when people don't put words in my mouth.

I am noting that Xakops is making a very cool program, which is very useful and has lots of interesting features. This guy is has some skills and some cool ideas, so maybe he can help out with the ESOC launcher too.

There is no reason whatsoever to get mad because I'm complimenting XaKOps and stating that he could be an asset to the ESOC team. No matter how you look at it, his ESO-assistant has a lot of features which the ESOC launcher could also be doing. In fact if you feel like the workload is too much for you, it makes even more sense to reach out for help.

I appreciate the work that you and Tilanus are putting into the ESOC patch.

I don't at all appreciate you talking shit because you're insecure or because you don't grasp the English language.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I couldn't agree more with you :smile:
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

@Buckethead
When a new message arrive, I cant see the notification like your print

I tested on Windows 7 and on Windows 10. What system do you have?
- When I Press Windows + D the widget disappears, the only way I can see it is if I minimizes all windows.

Already fixed
- Add the statistics graphics of games, it really useful, gives an idea of how the game was.

OK
- Make the unrated games button show a page equal the rated games (List of games and Detail)

Unrated games do not work because of microsoft. Queries suck.
- Make the Launch game shortcut find for the installation and launch it. It does not work for me currently because the installation of my game is custom.

It does not matter where you install the game it still should find it. I take info from registry:

Code: Select all

R.RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
    R.OpenKeyReadOnly('SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\age of empires 3 expansion pack 2\1.0')

If you have more details about the problems write me.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

Update.
Download
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

XaKOps wrote:...
If you have more details about the problems write me.

I tested on Windows 7 and on Windows 10. What system do you have?

Windows 10.
A thing I noticed: When a new message arrive, if i press alt + tab i can see the notification UI.
My notifications are enabled (I can see the notification of eso-assistant: eso status, new stream)

It does not matter where you install the game it still should find it. I take info from registry:

The Launch button is working fine.
I had renamed "age3f.exe" to another thing, because of it was not working lol

Unrated games do not work because of microsoft. Queries suck.

I think you could do something like you do with rated games:
Remove everything, except the table which has the games and re-style it.
When the user click in a game to see the details, you use the same function of rated games details to re-style the this page.
That was one of the goal of your project (at least in the first version)

Edit:

XaKOps wrote:Already fixed

Im using the latest update and continue with the same issue :sad:

[spoiler=spoiler]
iNcog wrote:I'm not shitting on anything or anyone... not sure why you're saying that. I appreciate it when people don't put words in my mouth.

"XakOps seriously, I wonder if you shouldn't be working on the patch launcher yourself. ^^"
It was the same as talking "These ESOC guys are doing nothing, do it."
But nevermind, I was on a bad day.
My apologies![/spoiler]
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

As a neutral, third part, native speaker I'd just like to note that there is an important distinction between "yourself" and "by yourself". The way iNcog said it didn't seem very aggressive to me personally. Had he said to work on the launcher "by yourself" it would have been talking shit.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Durokan wrote:As a neutral, third part, native speaker I'd just like to note that there is an important distinction between "yourself" and "by yourself". The way iNcog said it didn't seem very aggressive to me personally. Had he said to work on the launcher "by yourself" it would have been talking shit.

Indeed, I believe incog meant it as "Xakops would make a great addition to the team".
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

@Buckethead

Im using the latest update and continue with the same issue :sad:

You can click on the tray icon and the widget will be visible. Very useful if many windows are opened or if the widget is minimized.
I think that I understand why you do not see the notification. Your taskbar is not located at the bottom. It is located on the side or top. I'm right? I think you could only hear the sound of the notifications.

So you can download and test it :)

Download