Lost 5.02

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag GruntGG
Crossbow
ESO: Kenob

Lost 5.02

Post by GruntGG »

Hello community,

after many brain-stimulating hours of trying to comprehend AoE3 RM scripts and some help (thanks @Rikikipu ) I finally got a decent and balanced Lost map (or so far people seem to think that way). This is Lost version 5.01.

Big thanks to Rikikipu for designing Unknown map version 2.61 (on which I based this Lost version) and for the tips on how to deal with weird native scripts (taunt 21).

Installation: place both files on your RM3 folder, usually located at: My Documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/RM3

Change log: modifications from Lost 4.3 by Kenob (GruntGG) (see below):

Lost 5.00 8th May 2016
- Fixed starting units to suit Lost style map (only scouts).
- Lost map has now silver mines, higher density of forests and many more hunts (thank you Rikikipu), further increasing the need for map control and the fight for limited resources.
- Natives: removed obsolete natives (Aztec, Iroquois and Lakota) and added all natives from Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties expansion packs. Number of native villages reduced to either 4 or 5 (randomly picked on each map) to decrease power of native rush but still keep the fight for native villages. Number of times a certain native tribe can spawn in a single map restricted to 2 to offer more variety.
- Trade Posts numbers kept to 9 (as in Lost 4.3).
- Treasures are now sorted by difficulty (level 1 to 4) in the script lines. Reduced amount of treasures of lvl 1. Dramatically increased amount of treasures of lvl 2, 3 and 4. Prevented treasures from blocking spawn of trees, hunts or gold mines.
- Tropical map style (Amazon/Yukatan) [with no settler treasures] changed for Deccan map style [with settler treasures and plenty of wood treasures].

Lost 5.01 9th May 2016
- Trade Posts numbers reduced to 3 or 4 for a less overpowered experience.
- Native village numbers reduced to 3 or 4 as well.
- Spawn of treasures of levels 1 and 4 slightly reduced. Spawn of treasures of levels 2 and 3 significantly reduced.
- Map size slightly reduced.

--------UPDATE------
Lost 5.02 Released: 19th May 2016
- Removed Sonora map type (low on wood and on villager treasures).

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate and correct the spawn bug, which happens around 1/40 times the map is being created. I have a hint that it might be related to the Saguenay-like water distribution and the way the bay is being created. If someone knows how to fix it, please feel free to write it here on comments.
--------------

I hope you like it and feel free to leave comments on stuff that you like or dislike about this map.

Cheers! :smile:

GruntGG (Kenob)
Attachments
Lost_5_02.xs
(71.23 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
Lost_5_02.xml
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 677 times
Lost_5_01.xs
(71.79 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Lost_5_01.xml
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: Lost 5.01

Post by Rikikipu »

Hey, I'm happy that you have suceeded to do make your lost map.
I hope people will enjoy it :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hey, I play-tested it today with Kenob in game and it looks really nice! I highly recommend trying it out, much less lame than Lost 4.3, without TP spamand with much more natural resources. The treasures were also significantly improved. Great job!
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Does this map have that weird town center wagon treasure? that treasure is OP
Error 404: Signature not found
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

First of all, it's not a map, this scenario is based on Unknown 2.6 map by Rikikipu, so it always spawns randomly with different reasures characteristic for each map design (polar bear treasures on winter ones etc.). Secondly, no, I've personally never come across this particular treasure in any of Lost versions.
No Flag GruntGG
Crossbow
ESO: Kenob

Post by GruntGG »

Hey guys, quick update here. I updated the main post with the latest version (Lost 5.02). Sonora map type has been removed from the pool (it was very low on wood and on villager treasures).

noissance wrote:Does this map have that weird town center wagon treasure? that treasure is OP

No, it does not.

Cheers!

GruntGG (Kenob)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Re: Lost 5.02

Post by pecelot »

Great!
I was thinking it could be nice to play on such a map once in a while, where there are no 4 150w treasures wherever you look, but instead there are 8 on the whole map. But yeah, then it'd be pretty imbalanced with one getting lucky with scouting.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Nice :smile:
Yes I agree that slightly less :wood: treasures on California-style map would be even better but it is already very well made :flowers:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yes, exactly that map. It reminds me more of Mendocino now :P But yeah, tons of 150w treasures guarded by 3 grizzly bears.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

A nice little rec showcasing the map:
Pezet (Spanish, PR26) & M1Karox (@Imperial Noob ā€” Dutch, PR14) vs olachesola (British, PR22) & Jareo7 (Sioux, PR27)
[spoiler=spoiler]Good teamwork at the beginning resulted in a nice start and later on in a Fortress Age timing with the Spanish archaic army supported by 2 falconets and later missionaries and Dutch Ruyters. GG![/spoiler]
Attachments
[RE SP] Pezet[SP] & M1Karox[DU] vs Jareo7[SI] & olachesola[BR] - Lost_5_02.age3yrec
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
Lost_5_02
Lost_5_02
Rules: Supremacy (2v2)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 28 minutes
Sweden Aurori
Crossbow
ESO: Average

Post by Aurori »

Hey, 4 years into the future and I canā€™t help but think of the wonderful ā€˜Lostā€™ Scenario.

This map/scenario has been alot of fun to play;
~ Lost ~
Set in a fogged unknown world with nothing but darkness surrounding your Explorer & single ship. Treasures are common but every treasureā€™s perils puts you at risk. Will an empire rise or the legacy die out before it has even begun ?

Iā€™d wish seeing Lost with its treasure hunting and sea into AoE 3 DE, eventually.
:export: ~ An apple a day
- keep the bad Mojo away ~
France T3K56
Crossbow
ESO: Tekila56

Post by T3K56 »

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you were playing in AOE3 Definitive Edition.
After spending some time on searching games, I feel like almost noone play Scenario Games / LoSt and I really miss it.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

T3K56 wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if any of you were playing in AOE3 Definitive Edition.
After spending some time on searching games, I feel like almost noone play Scenario Games / LoSt and I really miss it.
I brought this map to DE. You need to subscribe to my mod to play it. Youā€™ll find lost 6.01 in my map pack!