UI 2.2 Release

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: UI 2.2 Release

Post by Rikikipu »

Try to use this installer and see if it add ui2.2 maps in the game
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=8371
United States of America doublehelix2569
Crossbow
ESO: doublehelix

Post by doublehelix2569 »

For some reason that link worked. When I did some digging, the files are right under the other UI maps I downloaded from this thread. None of the files from this thread show up when I want to pick the maps though, just the one Rikikipu linked me to. It'd be nice to have more than three UI maps. Thanks for the extra maps though. I appreciate it.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Possibly they weren't extracted from the .zip properly or something. Are you able to open them up with Notepad without them appearing as a garbled mess of text?
oranges.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I actually had a similar issue where the maps didn't show up in-game even though I'd put them in the correct file and then they magically showed up one day even though I hadn't changed a single thing.

Very strange. :hmm:
Crossbow

Both the .xml and .xs files are showing up in Notepad in a way I can read. I'm hoping that it just fixes itself eventually like it did for WickedCossack.
Crossbow

So fun fact about the UI maps, the ones from this thread do work in unpatched TAD. So if I open agey.exe it recognizes the UI maps. That version of the game is a lot less fun though. So many balance issues that the current EP fixes.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

@doublehelix2569 I've added an autoinstaller for all maps in the third post.
Could you tell me if it works for you please ?
Crossbow

Rikikipu wrote:@doublehelix2569 I've added an autoinstaller for all maps in the third post.
Could you tell me if it works for you please ?

It didn't work for me at least. I'm still only seeing the three maps for the second chance tourney on EP. On the base game I can still see all of the UI maps in my custom map selection.
Crossbow

@Rikikipu I redownloaded your auto-installer and it worked after I deleted the old map files. Thanks for your hard work (and everyone else's).
Crossbow

I tested my UI out today just because I had the people. They didn't have the EP and so we launched with the release version. We got an "Out of sync" error and the game exited. On top of that the UI was buggy in terms of visuals. I didn't know if anyone had tried on the release version or if it was because we were playing on LAN, but it tried to work and then failed once the game was under way. There are a lot of variables so I didn't know if anyone had done some isolation tests to figure out if it'd work on LAN or on release.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I assume by release version you mean RE(Robot Entertainment) patch. Did you use the UI2.2 Maps?
Crossbow

Nah. I mean unpatched TAD. I did use the UI maps though.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@doublehelix2569 Well, if you really don't even have the latest official release, you should get that by going Multiplayer -> ES Online and the game will be patched automatically. I suspect you already are on the RE patch and just don't realize it though.
Anyway, if the UI was buggy in terms of visuals, you are probably not using the correct version for your resolution. Double check that.
The UI itself should be compatible with RE, but for example the map Bonnie Springs is not compatible I think, due to special structures being used on the map which can cause out-of-sync on RE.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Crossbow

I thought the RE patch was a fanmade one (I have the latest update from the in-game updater, sorry if I'm just wrong on this), but I was just using that version since it's what my friends have. Either way, I'm going to attempt to test it on the EP this weekend. If we still get out of sync I'll see if it's a resolution issue.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

reminder: RE = latest official TAD patch (1.03)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yes, then you are already on the so-called RE patch, which isn't fan-made.
If you have installed UI from this thread for a different resolution than you have, it will not cause out-of-sync but it will look very weird because it will not fit properly on your screen. I'll also note that only the observer should have the UI program installed, the actual players should not have the UI program installed while playing (otherwise a part of their minimized UI will be cut off).
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Is it just me or UI 2.2 doesn't seem to work when you also got ekanta UI on your comp ? Is there any sort of ekanta UI compatible with UI 2.2 or do you have to uninstall/reinstall either UI everytime you want to switch between obs/playing modes ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Kaiserklein wrote:Is it just me or UI 2.2 doesn't seem to work when you also got ekanta UI on your comp ? Is there any sort of ekanta UI compatible with UI 2.2 or do you have to uninstall/reinstall either UI everytime you want to switch between obs/playing modes ?

hi when i was a yong elifent in 1878, ekanta took my birthday cake and ate it and so im very angry at him and so my mod not compatibel wit his i hop u understand ty bye
oranges.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

so u not forgiving elfent?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

wow i thot u pro elifent but k looks liek u is not, me just uninstall dis nob ui made by a nob kid who r so mad
also ekanta r >>> to u
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

So I was told to watch some tournament VODs btw, to pick up on game knowledge.

Can I just thank @aizamk for apparently creating an absolutely stunning UI? Not only does it look good, but for picking up technical details this is soo useful. It reminds me a lot of what Gameheart did for SC2. Great stuff
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Does anyone know how I get more than 3 maps to appear in my custom map folder? If i download the maps or the auto installer it only gives me the top 3 ESOC maps to choose from. I've uninstalled maps and auto installer multiple times and it doesn't change anything. I've placed the maps in the RM3 folder, and also tried the RMF folder and nothing works. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Try to delete ALL the files in My documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/RM3 (and RMF) and after, try the auto installer, it should work
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Rikikipu wrote:Try to delete ALL the files in My documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/RM3 (and RMF) and after, try the auto installer, it should work

All meaning all the normal maps as well, not just ESOC?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

In order to avoid the famous "where I can download esoc ui maps ?" You can now find all esoc maps compatible with UI2.2 (for free) here : maps.php