[Work-in-progress] Spectator UI 2.0

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Damn, so an actual completely functional production queue is probably impossible? That's like the best feature an observer could have at its disposal (just look at how often the observed starcraft games are at the production tab).
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Damn, M$ should put you guys on the payroll. . .
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

jerom wrote:Damn, so an actual completely functional production queue is probably impossible? That''s like the best feature an observer could have at its disposal (just look at how often the observed starcraft games are at the production tab).
I can confirm that I have spent half a day trying to get this to work and am 100% convinced it''s not possible.

The problem is that units in queue do not actually exist on the map, and that means that the information that I can retrieve is very limited. On the other hand, it''s possible to display progress of buildings in queue, as they actually exist on the map, but I doubt that would be very helpful :|
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Ok so tonight's update is a pretty minor one: previously the UI didn't allow for techs that could be researched more than once i.e. consulate alliance/breaking alliance techs. If that can be viewed as a bug, then that bug has now been fixed.

Unfortunately still no sure-fire method of detecting SHIPMENTS sent more than once, however (partly due to how you can't track percentage complete of a shipment).

The bug that causes you to continue to hear birds chirping after viewing a player's homecity has also now been fixed.
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Ok so this one isn't an update, but a question.

Currently in 1.7 the UI will not work after the game has ended.

SUPPOSE that the game ends, and you have access to the postgame. On a scale of 1-100, how useful would it be to have a functional UI that shows a summary of shipment order/timings and improvement order/timings?

Btw there's no way I'll make my 25th October target, too many features to finish first :P At the moment I'm really focusing a lot on polishing side features rather than the logistics of the core UI at the bottom. Such is the problem when one has too many ideas to implement XD
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Well i would say 75/100. I think it could be a good sum up if you have all these informations.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

I'd say around 100, specially to compare mirror BO.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Might be releasing a partially functional version for public testing this weekend, but we'll have to see how that goes.

For old time's sake, the map will likely be Great Plains :')

Also it'll only work for 1280x800. If you're not in 1280x800 and windowed mode then it'll automatically set your game settings to that at the start of the game, assuming that your resolution is higher than 1280x800. If it's lower then please do not download it.
oranges.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Great news, we can be guinea pigs lol
I for sure will have time to test it sunday and will report bug if any.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Would this be postgame of an obs game or any game? For normal games, Id rate it 95/100 useful I think. Itd be a reason for me to install it I think.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

The UI will only work for observers. I guess it would be possible to offer limited functionality for players too, but that's not really the aim of this whole thing. If there is enough demand then I'll consider it for the final version.

(of course it'd still have to be on a UI map.)

Anyway, the first update of tonight is the improved unit stats UI, as can be seen in the two screenshots below.

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/9CEFdyt.jpg"]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kgI9kus.jpg[/img]

There's more stuff that I'll be working on tonight and tomorrow morning, we'll have to see if I complete a major enough update tonight to post it here, though.

If I don't get the UI and UI map testing version completed by the end of Saturday night, then unfortunately that will mean the open beta will have to be delayed, as I need to save Sunday to finish some coursework of mine.

EDIT: The improved unit stats panel works independently of the map, so it will update properly even after the game has ended. It can be dragged down to hide the extra info if an observer so chooses to do so. The bars are only accurate to the integer, so a speed of 4.5 will have the same length as a speed of 4.0
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

No further updates for tonight, but at this rate the 25th October target looks to be unreasonable. Not going to be releasing something that's not functional, even if it IS only a beta version. I haven't made much progress since the update in my previous post.

Will still try for the 25th, but 27th/28th is more likely.
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Update: 2.0 is ready for public testing, more information available at http://eso-community.net/thread/3350/ui ... a-released
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/4tTFPCX.jpg"]

oranges.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925