Labyrinth Map

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Labyrinth Map

Post by Rikikipu »

Hello everyone, i've worked a bit on a map called labyrinth
The concept of this map is to reproduce a random labyrinth with trees as wall. Walls are disable on the map. Compatible for 1v1 and team games.
I've added the UI 2.2 on the map for those who are intersted.
It's still in beta, but i would be happy to hear your feedbacks, and what would you imagine as a labyrinth map :flowers:

To get the map : Unzip the following folder, and place the 4 files in : My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM3
I hope you'll enjoy it :chinese:
Attachments
Labyrinth_V1,2.zip
(83.83 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
screen70.jpg
Capture.JPG
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Labyrinth Map

Post by Ashvin »

wow! new concept. Me like it
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Do the trees spawn randomly or is it always the same pattern?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interesting idea.
pecelot wrote:Do the trees spawn randomly or is it always the same pattern?

Rikikipu wrote:The concept of this map is to reproduce a random labyrinth with trees as wall.

Seems to be the answer.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

loool I would LOOOOVE to see a smackdown on this map @Zutazuta
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

It would be cool if there were really big treasures in the middle. Looks great overall though.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Interesting idea.
pecelot wrote:Do the trees spawn randomly or is it always the same pattern?

Rikikipu wrote:The concept of this map is to reproduce a random labyrinth with trees as wall.

Seems to be the answer.

my bad :roll:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

wow! awesome.... can the trees go to the edge of the map? because it seems most would just fight around the edges of the map
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

That map seems funny haha. Good thing that you disabled walls obviously. A few suggestions :
I think it would be better if the map was a bit larger or the corridors a bit smaller. Either way, it would make the map more tortuous, because here it seems a bit easy to find your way though the maze. It would also let you spawn a small field in the middle, that way you could reward mapcontrol a bit, spawning a few big treasures / a 5k gold mine / hunts (otherwise that kind of maze advantages too much camper civs imo). About treasures btw, is it normal there are none on the whole map ? Or is it just because of the beta version ?
Would also be nice if the bases could spawn more or less randomly around the map (idk if it's the case or not), that way you really wouldn't know which way to go.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

I feel like lb/cannon/other long range units would be really broken on this map. Sounds great!

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

ovi12 wrote:loool I would LOOOOVE to see a smackdown on this map @Zutazuta

Haha would be funny.

howlingwolfpaw wrote:wow! awesome.... can the trees go to the edge of the map? because it seems most would just fight around the edges of the map

I have removed trees from the edge because it opens a lot the possibility of paths to reach peopme's base.
Kaiserklein wrote:That map seems funny haha. Good thing that you disabled walls obviously. A few suggestions :
I think it would be better if the map was a bit larger or the corridors a bit smaller. Either way, it would make the map more tortuous, because here it seems a bit easy to find your way though the maze. It would also let you spawn a small field in the middle, that way you could reward mapcontrol a bit, spawning a few big treasures / a 5k gold mine / hunts (otherwise that kind of maze advantages too much camper civs imo). About treasures btw, is it normal there are none on the whole map ? Or is it just because of the beta version ?
Would also be nice if the bases could spawn more or less randomly around the map (idk if it's the case or not), that way you really wouldn't know which way to go.

Usually, you don't have much resources at base, and you need to move on the maps to ge it so. Ok for more tortuous, I''look into it. TCs spawns are random on the map of course. About treasures, idk, I wanted to try a map without treasures because on this really random map, when you find a treasure it's much more by luck rather than following a good pattern. But I can add treas if people asks for it ofc.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

I think treasures would be good if they were all mostly in the middle of the map. It will reward players who navigate the maze the best.

Argentina Goldend12
Crossbow
ESO: QuebraGalho

Labyrinth Map

Post by Goldend12 »

This is great. I can see it being very helpful to people who havent played the game before and are frustrated with the labyrinth. Five stars and rep.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

The bots are getting smarter XD
oranges.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

64 64!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

This reminds me of infinite black forest or something in aoe2. In that map the entire map is forest except for some small areas with relics/castles/mines/etc. It took 4 people about 3 hours to complete :D

@Zutazuta smackdown pls!