ESOC AOE3 Taunt Package

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: ESOC AOE3 Taunt Package

Post by EAGLEMUT »

About half of these sound quite a bit worse to me than the originals, no offence. They are louder, but the sound quality seems to have suffered too much.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The revised taunt pack is going through some final testing and should be out tomorrow! Bonus taunts will be included, too.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Alright, I'm going to finally release this.

I have gone through every single taunt and adjusted them individually, to the best of my abilities, to be as clear and loud as possible without any noticeable loss in sound quality. Only exceptions are 40 & 48, which already seemed fine and are unchanged. Aside from just amplifying the whole audio tracks, I have also rebalanced the sound on some tracks which had portions of very differing sound levels (notably 44) and removed background noise on some tracks (notably 36).

But that's not all! I have also made another 16 taunts of my own, bringing the total number of taunts to 86. Hope you'll like these as well! Thanks to @pecelot for some good suggestions.

To install the revised taunts, simply put them in the same folder and overwrite the old ones. As mentioned in the OP, taunts are located in your aoe3 installation directory -> Sound -> Taunts. If you did not yet download the original pack from WickedCossack, you don't need it for this one to work.

Enjoy!
Attachments
revised_taunts_v2.rar
contains custom taunts 34-86
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Alright, I'm going to finally release this.

I have gone through every single taunt and adjusted them individually, to the best of my abilities, to be as clear and loud as possible without any noticeable loss in sound quality. Only exceptions are 40 & 48, which already seemed fine and are unchanged. Aside from just amplifying the whole audio tracks, I have also rebalanced the sound on some tracks which had portions of very differing sound levels (notably 44) and removed background noise on some tracks (notably 36).

But that's not all! I have also made another 16 taunts of my own, bringing the total number of taunts to 86. Hope you'll like these as well! Thanks to @pecelot for some good suggestions.

To install the revised taunts, simply put them in the same folder and overwrite the old ones. As mentioned in the OP, taunts are located in your aoe3 installation directory -> Sound -> Taunts. If you did not yet download the original pack from WickedCossack, you don't need it for this one to work.

Enjoy!

Ill update the first post in the morning, literally just getting ready for bed now.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

WickedCossack wrote:
Ill update the first post in the morning, literally just getting ready for bed now.

Thanks! You and me, both.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The wolf boy made it! Congrats @bobabu
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Post updated with Eaglemuts pack.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

I remember @_NiceKING_ made these earlier this year. I like them too, but not many people seem to have them. :(

Any way they could be integrated? I did it myself in my own folder, but the volumes are not consistent with the package released in this thread.

Reference [url="this"]http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4722[/url] topic for NK's OP.
Attachments
taunts.zip
(4.76 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

ROFLMFAO 35!!! hahaha mark!!!
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Gear_Head wrote:I remember @_NiceKING_ made these earlier this year. I like them too, but not many people seem to have them. :(

Any way they could be integrated? I did it myself in my own folder, but the volumes are not consistent with the package released in this thread.

Reference [url="this"]http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4722[/url] topic for NK's OP.

I don't really have the motivation to do any more on this right now since it was quite a bit of work. If anyone wants to make the niceking taunts compatible though then id be happy to add it to the first post.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Well, for these taunts to work it would require quite a big integration and coherency amongst the community. The current version is widespread nicely, though I have to admit sometimes I meet people with the very first Adam's taunt set without Eagle's update.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

I love the taunt 91
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

WickedCossack wrote:
I don't really have the motivation to do any more on this right now since it was quite a bit of work. If anyone wants to make the niceking taunts compatible though then id be happy to add it to the first post.

Do you just throw the file in to Audacity and fiddle around with the volumes until it "sounds" right, or is there a more scientific way of doing it?

pecelot wrote:Well, for these taunts to work it would require quite a big integration and coherency amongst the community. The current version is widespread nicely, though I have to admit sometimes I meet people with the very first Adam's taunt set without Eagle's update.

Unfortunately, I agree with you 100%. I am wary of showing up with the Out of Sync error reported earlier in this thread if we mess around too much with adding more.

That said, I guess if the OP is updated with a new download, then eventually enough people will send taunts (that other people don't have in their taunt mod) and they'll wisen up and come back for the update. I still expect the absorption rate to remain pretty low.

Edit: Actually, as mentioned earlier in this threat, the best way to get this taunt package to a larger audience is by including it in the fan patches.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Eaglemut adjusted the volumes to be all equal in the 2nd iteration of the package. Don't know what software he used.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

Cheers. @EAGLEMUT ideas plz. :P
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I've used Audacity as well. Mostly I have utilized the amplifier and noise removal, carefully adjusting sections of the track until it was both loud and clear enough, as a whole. I've also cut a few redundant parts.
I don't know anything about the other pack though, it might require some different adjustments. Good luck if you're up for it, I'm currently feeling the same way about this as WickedCossack.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Gear_Head wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

Do you just throw the file in to Audacity and fiddle around with the volumes until it "sounds" right, or is there a more scientific way of doing it?

pecelot wrote:Well, for these taunts to work it would require quite a big integration and coherency amongst the community. The current version is widespread nicely, though I have to admit sometimes I meet people with the very first Adam's taunt set without Eagle's update.

Unfortunately, I agree with you 100%. I am wary of showing up with the Out of Sync error reported earlier in this thread if we mess around too much with adding more.

That said, I guess if the OP is updated with a new download, then eventually enough people will send taunts (that other people don't have in their taunt mod) and they'll wisen up and come back for the update. I still expect the absorption rate to remain pretty low.

Edit: Actually, as mentioned earlier in this threat, the best way to get this taunt package to a larger audience is by including it in the fan patches.

it was explained it should never cause an OOS
on top of that, the hype is gone, the idea behind this was quite innovative at the time and the number of taunts is pretty big already, so I guess the community doesnt need more
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I've used Audacity as well. Mostly I have utilized the amplifier and noise removal, carefully adjusting sections of the track until it was both loud and clear enough, as a whole. I've also cut a few redundant parts.
I don't know anything about the other pack though, it might require some different adjustments. Good luck if you're up for it, I'm currently feeling the same way about this as WickedCossack.

Okay. It sounds straightforward enough.
The other pack is basically just louder all around than the stock taunts and the ones in this thread. I was thinking (hoping) that simply reducing the volume to match would be all that is needed.
If I get the free time, I'll do it. Otherwise, no big loss. I've never encountered anybody else using taunts past 33 anyways unfortunately, so I feel like it'd be mostly for myself and a very few other people.

pecelot wrote:it was explained it should never cause an OOS
on top of that, the hype is gone, the idea behind this was quite innovative at the time and the number of taunts is pretty big already, so I guess the community doesnt need more

Okay, that's good news! Thanks for clearing that up. I missed that when skimming through.

Like I said, the only way I can think of to actually increase usage of the taunt packages would be to integrate it with something else that people want *more* (e.g. fanpatch and ESO-Assistant). I am still waiting for the day I see someone else uses an additional taunt package of any kind. :sad:

P.S. I ran into an issue with the taunts from this thread: they all cut off early (e.g. the last word or two). Has anyone else run into this problem?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Gear_Head wrote:Like I said, the only way I can think of to actually increase usage of the taunt packages would be to integrate it with something else that people want *more* (e.g. fanpatch and ESO-Assistant). I am still waiting for the day I see someone else uses an additional taunt package of any kind. :sad:

P.S. I ran into an issue with the taunts from this thread: they all cut off early (e.g. the last word or two). Has anyone else run into this problem?

Integrating it would be definitely nice, but most people I've played with do have the pack anyway (I'm only playing on EP).

Never heard of the cutting off problem. Can you give an example of which word a particular taunt stops at? Maybe it's just the way it was recorded.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Integrating it would be definitely nice, but most people I've played with do have the pack anyway (I'm only playing on EP).

Never heard of the cutting off problem. Can you give an example of which word a particular taunt stops at? Maybe it's just the way it was recorded.

Ah I see. Well that makes sense if most of the people on this forum use EP. I'm not good enough yet to find games on EP, so I'm an RE missionary for all things ESOC. :)

So, since I have downloaded and installed the package, I have rebooted my computer and for some reason the cutting off of words has improved significantly. There are still a few that have half of the last word cut off, but I suspect that may be more related to recording than an issue related to just me.

Examples:
045: "To be fair, to be honest, I've never seen this ma-..."
049: "He was really tryharding the-..."
050: "What a completely irrelevant disc-..."
054: "I'm really unfamiliar with all of these civilizations re-..."
061: "L O L Siouxs way too -..."
064: "This I like a lot, this I like a -..."
065: "This is the most nonstandard deck I have ever s-..."

There's more examples, but I figured that sample size should be enough for you to confirm whether or not it's an isolated incident.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Gear_Head wrote:
pecelot wrote:it was explained it should never cause an OOS

Okay, that's good news! Thanks for clearing that up. I missed that when skimming through.

Like I said, the only way I can think of to actually increase usage of the taunt packages would be to integrate it with something else that people want *more* (e.g. fanpatch and ESO-Assistant). I am still waiting for the day I see someone else uses an additional taunt package of any kind. :sad:

The most recent taunt package got released after the last EP update, and generally it's somewhat niche fan-based and probably arguable whether it should be implemented in an official ESOC product of such a kind.

I recall encountering a rather similar issue on my old PC, but it was the opposite: only the second part of the taunt was sometimss displayed, the beginning was cut off. Still don't know why.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

pecelot wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:The most recent taunt package got released after the last EP update, and generally it's somewhat niche fan-based and probably arguable whether it should be implemented in an official ESOC product of such a kind.

I recall encountering a rather similar issue on my old PC, but it was the opposite: only the second part of the taunt was sometimss displayed, the beginning was cut off. Still don't know why.

Fair enough, but perhaps it could be added to the next EP update. ESOC patches are just as much fan-driven as this taunt package EAGLEMUT and WickedCossack have made (and NK's, for that matter), so I don't see the difference really. It only comes down to making the patch more feature-filled. It certainly can't hurt anything. You don't really need a "balancing committee" to decide how to best implement some new taunts. ^_^

Very strange issue you've mentioned indeed. I wonder if it has to do with our default audio playback software. I'll have to play around with my computer settings if EAGLEMUT confirms my issues are indeed isolated.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

My point was that fully understanding all the taunts requires much knowledge and commitment in the community, and let's be honest that's not something every EP player has to offer. Hearing taunt 48 without knowing the context can be somewhat terrifying I would imagine. Furthermore, it seems that every more or less engaged ESOC member downloaded it.

To be fair, it would be kinda nice to have more of these fan-based features implemented, but I'm just stating possible counter-arguments and worries, with which I can't entirely disagree.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Weird, that's absolutely a bug and not how they are supposed to be. Perhaps try playing them with a different audio player and see what happens.. no idea what could cause this.

I'm all for including the taunts in EP, perhaps they could be enabled/disabled in the launcher if there are really worries about some people hating them.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

pecelot wrote:My point was that fully understanding all the taunts requires much knowledge and commitment in the community, and let's be honest that's not something every EP player has to offer. Hearing taunt 48 without knowing the context can be somewhat terrifying I would imagine. Furthermore, it seems that every more or less engaged ESOC member downloaded it.

To be fair, it would be kinda nice to have more of these fan-based features implemented, but I'm just stating possible counter-arguments and worries, with which I can't entirely disagree.

This is very true. To be honest, I don't actually get many of the inside references either (which is probably why I really enjoy the ones NK published in January, as they are more lulzy than community-specific laughs). I only just stumbled upon this thread yesterday despite it being here for a while now. I'm kind of a streaky player (go hard for 2 months, disappear for 2 more), so I tend to miss things. I'm engaged when I can be, though, and I definitely thought NK's was the only taunt package because it was the one I installed back in January. :lol:

I don't necessarily disagree with the points you bring up either, but I certainly think the good outweighs the bad in this scenario. :smile:

EAGLEMUT wrote:Weird, that's absolutely a bug and not how they are supposed to be. Perhaps try playing them with a different audio player and see what happens.. no idea what could cause this.

I'm all for including the taunts in EP, perhaps they could be enabled/disabled in the launcher if there are really worries about some people hating them.

Okay. I will begin investigation into the different audio players installed on my computer. Which one do you use? Perhaps I can try using that one and see if that eliminates the issue.

That sounds like a good compromise to me. Give people the option of installing the additional taunts during the installer dialog, even. If the author of the ESO Assistant is game, he could perhaps include it next to the XP-Mod Tool he has beautifully integrated, especially since ESO-Assistant has potential for integration beyond EP-only players. 8-)