Help fixing RMS lake

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Help fixing RMS lake

Post by Durokan »

I have been attempting to script the Jebel Musa map I posted earlier in this thread. I am still new to this so I have been creating a map kinda in a similar fashion to frankenstein. I have been grabbing a piece here and there from maps and using them and modifying them without writing much of my own stuff. I have put a lake into my map and it is almost good some times and other times it completely trips out, I would like to be able to have it function reliably in my map and am unable to figure it out currently. I cannot take normal screenshots for some reason, they break when I try to take them. I have attached the map files and a typical screenshot down below if anyone would like to help with this.
Attachments
screen7.jpg
1A_Jebel_Musa.xs
(31.01 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
1A_Jebel_Musa.xml
(422 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Help fixing RMS lake

Post by musketeer925 »

Here's a thread about the screenshot issue:

http://eso-community.net/thread/517/bla ... ot-problem

It's something about windowed mode.
Retired Contributor

Help fixing RMS lake

Post by Durokan »

neuron wrote:I scripted this map in about 30 minutes. The shores don''t look so great, but I''ve told you I had my doubts abour how that area will look like when the continent area edge filling and different height will collide with the cliff areas on which players are placed (which also have their own separate bigger height and cliff sides). Also the water level needs to be lower than all the land areas, so that you don''t get weird blending effects between the areas. You might have to spend more time on polishing this one, if you find it useful. I think it''s better than working on the Rockies clone, because this is a smaller mapscript (less than 300 lines).

This looks great :) I will post results when I can get it to look how I want to. Thanks again.
Retired Contributor

Help fixing RMS lake

Post by Durokan »

durokan wrote:
neuron wrote:I scripted this map in about 30 minutes. The shores dont look so great, but Ive told you I had my doubts abour how that area will look like when the continent area edge filling and different height will collide with the cliff areas on which players are placed (which also have their own separate bigger height and cliff sides). Also the water level needs to be lower than all the land areas, so that you dont get weird blending effects between the areas. You might have to spend more time on polishing this one, if you find it useful. I think its better than working on the Rockies clone, because this is a smaller mapscript (less than 300 lines).

This looks great :) I will post results when I can get it to look how I want to. Thanks again.

Your map was very helpful. I made another thread about balancing it which has the newer version. Thanks again for the help.