Minimalistic custom AOE3 UI

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag njmatt10
Crossbow

Post by njmatt10 »

I am trying to install this for the steam version of the game. whenever I extract the file, I send it to this location.

C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonAge Of Empires 3indata

Below is what my folder looks like.

[attachment id="1283" thumbnail="1"]

But whenever I go to play a game, nothing has changed. I don't have the ui. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I have spent 1 1/2 hours trying to figure it out and I am just at a loss. If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
aoeui.png
No Flag njmatt10
Crossbow

Post by njmatt10 »

neuron wrote:@njmatt10

I think the UI files were already in a data folder in the archive. When you unarchived the files, you got all the UI files in that folder. Then you probably moved this folder in the AOE3 data folder. You should have moved only the files inside the folder, not the containing folder too.

So now you have an extra data?folder in the Age Of Empires 3indata folder. Move all the files inside that folder up one level.

After you move them, when you look at the folder path in the Windows Explorer window they should be in?C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonAge Of Empires 3indata.

This worked! Thank you very much!
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Minimalistic custom AOE3 UI

Post by yemshi »

Does anyone still have Neuron's UI?
He deleted all off his posts :(
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

@njmatt10
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Dolan
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

wow windows 8
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

yemshi wrote:Does anyone still have Neuron's UI?

I didn't delete my posts, I deleted my account when the forum was on Proboards. Then when ESOC moved to the Amazon server, my posts couldn't be imported in the new site, since there was no account associated with them. So only the users who still had an account had all their posts transferred over here.

It was just a consequence of importing the old data from the old site, which I suppose it was made on an account basis.

I attach the files for that UI.

You have to place these files in the /data/ folder in your game files. I only made a version for HD resolutions (1920/1080). For other resolutions, the UI might need to be adjusted to display properly (especially on smaller viewports).
Attachments
data.zip
(83.54 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Dolan wrote:
yemshi wrote:Does anyone still have Neuron's UI?

I didn't delete my posts, I deleted my account when the forum was on Proboards. Then when ESOC moved to the Amazon server, my posts couldn't be imported in the new site, since there was no account associated with them. So only the users who still had an account had all their posts transferred over here.

It was just a consequence of importing the old data from the old site, which I suppose it was made on an account basis.

I attach the files for that UI.

You have to place these files in the /data/ folder in your game files. I only made a version for HD resolutions (1920/1080). For other resolutions, the UI might need to be adjusted to display properly (especially on smaller viewports).

Thank you in the first place. Where can I change my resolutions then?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Nice to see the first page with such a low number of posts :hehe:
Could somebody post a screen of this UI to give a little grasp of the user's in-game experience with this particular feature? :flowers:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

yemshi wrote:
Thank you in the first place. Where can I change my resolutions then?

Yw. Unfortunately there's no simple switch for resolutions. The UI will shrink or stretch depending on the aspect ratio of the screen and the size of fonts. So if you use this UI which was originally made for a normal HD resolution (1920x1080, 16:9 aspect ratio) on a monitor/display with a smaller resolution and different aspect ratio (let's say 4:3 with 1280×960 or 1440×1080 -- some laptops may have this), the UI may both shrink on the Y axis (top-bottom) and stretch on the X axis (left-right) and the fonts may be too large and not display correctly.

The only solution is to make adjustments to the coordinates of those UI elements which don't display right. Maybe take a screenshot and I'll tell you which elements need to have their coordinates changed.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

pecelot wrote:Nice to see the first page with such a low number of posts :hehe:
Could somebody post a screen of this UI to give a little grasp of the user's in-game experience with this particular feature? :flowers:

Here are two demos: one is captured in high graphics / high bitrate (but laggy), the other is in low graphics / lower bitrate (less laggy)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGKO8baHn4c[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfGJ31VWgPw[/video]
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Well appereantly it is unchanged. I play on 1280/1024
Attachments
UI.png