Minimalistic custom AOE3 UI

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Sugoi !!! Arigato gozaimasu !

STAFF EDIT :

Since the original post is gone, here is a summary of it.

You have to place these files in the /data/ folder in your game files. I only made a version for HD resolutions (1920/1080). For other resolutions, the UI might need to be adjusted to display properly (especially on smaller viewports).
Attachments
data.zip
(83.54 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Jaeger

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

neuron wrote:This UI can be used in observer games which use Aizamk''s UI maps, as long as the obs UI file is not installed.

Would just like to add that you can still install the obs UI on top of any existing uimainnew.xml ui files, provided that you''re using the installer that came with 1.7

Step 1: Uninstall the obs UI by deleting the uimainnew.xml file in your data folder.
Step 2: Install neuron''s obs UI
Step 3: Launch the installer with your game resolution selected, "Don''t install maps", and "Other" under compatibility options.

The uimainnew.xml file you now have will be cross-compatible (won''t look quite the same because neuron''s mod has all this stuff at the top that will be seen through the obs UI). Though it still will make the game lag when you''re resigned, so perhaps you''d want to save 1 pure version of neuron''s uimainnew.xml and 1 edited version of it and interchange them as necessary.
oranges.
Jaeger

neuron wrote:Usually I use F6 to check enemy''s deck just like in regular game UI. I use mostly hotkeys, so thats why I made it this way.

Can you post a pic to see how that extra button shows up? Are you sure you tried it on the maximised UI? It shouldn''t show the mili/eco cycle button at all (make sure you installed this file: uiminimappanelnew.xml).

@shaolinstar
If you were on the minimised UI and just switched to the maximised, it''s best if you restarted the game, so that some UI gadgets get properly loaded/refreshed. Then I think that button will disappear and you will see everything right.
You are absolutely right. Fixed, thanks.
Jaeger

No worries. I play with 1920x1080. I was just wondering because I also play on my laptop & the standard resolution for most laptops is 1366x768.
No Flag negla
Crossbow

Post by negla »

[img]http://s28.postimg.org/tyh87pgy5/screen1.jpg[/img]neuron i have a problem if i do all the things u said my ui does look like this :(
i play on 1024 x 768
i hope you can help me with that
No Flag negla
Crossbow

Post by negla »

neuron wrote:Did you install all the files? Did you disable Minimised UI in the Game Options? This UI works by replacing the maximised UI from the game. After you disable minimised UI in the game options you need to restart the game. Make sure you installed all the files in the right folder.
Oh that was it my fault, i didn''t disabled the minimised UI,
really thank you for that
your UI is really amazing really looking forward to use it ! :)
Jaeger

I just wanted to point out that the 1st screenshot is simply gorgeous
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

Not having a confirmation dialog for the resign button will increase the chances of Boneng'ing your game. It also seems unnecessary because when do you really need to resign as fast as possible?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

neuron this is gorgeous!

I have just one request, I'd like to slightly tune things to my personal tastes. i have three questions,

where can you edit the size and location of the production queue? i like it nice and visible ^^

Where can you edit the size of the HC flag? aesthetically only, it would be nice to have it larger

How would one go about to bringing the resources back to the right of the minimap? i've been playing the game for years and I'm 100% used to that location. :p
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Very nice UI! I'm missing a one thing though: Buying resources at the market. I can't macro for shit so I will often have to buy resources at the market, but I can't with this ui. Other than that it plays amazingly!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

neuron wrote:Glad to hear you like it.
I can''t really add a market in the UI, since that would be considered an unfair advantage, similar with a training button. So, the UI has only standard functions (except for some graphics options and the options to hide the entire UI if you want to obs games with it).
Never mind, I looked wrongly

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/coppy.me/FXwkmx0zL.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI4TFSCDPXBUV5WDQ&'Expires=1432919321&'Signature=dwPk7Wsrk1LoWZKHHK7cZD4VIrg%3D"]

The "buy" buttons when selecting a market are beneath hunting dogs and gang saw. I was looking for them under the sell buttons.