Help balancing the Jebel Musa

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

[span] [/span]I have been working quite a bit on my map, Jebel Musa, and I have made quite some progress. I would say the map is almost playable, but it is still slightly imbalanced. I think it looks really good with the exception of having a fair cliff spawn which needs to be fixed. I was also wondering about the best way to balance hunts/mines/herds etc for a high player level, whether this be creating individual herds at specific locations or just placing them across the map as it currently is. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at the map itself and give me input on any/all of the aforementioned things. The cliffs are the big thing I was worried about. (the green ones)

[span] [/span]I can add screenshots for progress if people are interested in seeing it without loading up the map in the editor.

[span] [/span]Also, thanks for the help Neuron. Your map made so much more sense than the standard ES maps and it is helping me to actually learn how to script, rather than just messing around with random stuff I don''t understand. It was a major help and the attached map was made out of yours.
Attachments
1A_Jebel_Musa.xs
(15.23 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
1A_Jebel_Musa.xml
(779 Bytes) Downloaded 37 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag slay3r19
Crossbow

Post by slay3r19 »

a good way to see how balanced a map is, might to be actually play it with a few civs, For example brits to test if hunts are okay, because brits go through the most food, Germany might be a good choice to test the mines because they go through alot of coin. I'm going to take a look at the map now and see if i can be of any assistance.
No Flag slay3r19
Crossbow

Post by slay3r19 »

After looking at the map and having it spawn 5 different times,. I think hunts are great. 2 and 3rd hunt is okay to herd in, and it is easy to know what they are. I think there might be a problem with the mines, as far as i could tell, there is no clear/safe 2nd mine. I mean one of the maps that generated had 2 out of the 4 mines given to a player spawned on the trade route side of the cliff, the 3rd one was way off from tc. I think you should move one of the mines either next to the tc or a little far off.

As the cliffs, i think what ever way the cliffs generate, it should be mirrored for the other player. Meaning the openings exist on the same spot on the other player's cliffs. I don't know if its possible but would make it fair.

Treasure balance, I don't know how/if you can do this, but trying to balance treasures might be something to look into?

Also I didn't really take a look at water balance.

All in all, i think it looks like great map, looking forward to playing it.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

slay3r19 wrote:After looking at the map and having it spawn 5 different times,. I think hunts are great. 2 and 3rd hunt is okay to herd in, and it is easy to know what they are. I think there might be a problem with the mines, as far as i could tell, there is no clear/safe 2nd mine. I mean one of the maps that generated had 2 out of the 4 mines given to a player spawned on the trade route side of the cliff, the 3rd one was way off from tc. I think you should move one of the mines either next to the tc or a little far off.

As the cliffs, i think what ever way the cliffs generate, it should be mirrored for the other player. Meaning the openings exist on the same spot on the other player''s cliffs. I don''t know if its possible but would make it fair.

Treasure balance, I don''t know how/if you can do this, but trying to balance treasures might be something to look into?

Also I didn''t really take a look at water balance.

All in all, i think it looks like great map, looking forward to playing it.

The asymmetrical cliffs are what drove me to make this post. I have no idea why they spawn so differently. The one on the bottom left seems to spawn how i want it to more often than the upper one. I havent actually played this map so i will tomorrow and will be able to remedy hunts and treasures. Thanks for the input :)
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

image would be nice... if u don't mind?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

divinemoon wrote:image would be nice... if u don''t mind?
http://imgur.com/a/Ypj3i

Here is an album of pictures from the current rms, the pictures don''t really give a full idea of the map because of how much I can contain in one picture. Enjoy :)
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

I have added a second starting mine for both players.