Interjection's Card Game

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Interjection's Card Game

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Sorry, I don't actually have it on me, I only saw it on stream. There were some big changes so perhaps Inter wants to test them more and flesh it out a bit before releasing to the general public here.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Umeu, that's actually what it's based on! And it's no longer a mini game! It's a fully fleshed out card game currently in open beta.

With regards to Version 2,0,
I've scrapped that version. For those that didn't see it on Aizamk's stream, I made some massive mechanic changes to see how the game would feel if only 1 shipment could be sent at a time (when I send a shipment, I cannot send anymore shipments until Aizamk sends a shipment. Once Aizamk has sent a shipment, he cannot send anymore shipments until I send once, etc.) This, whilst is was fun, didn't feel as good as the previous version for a number of reasons. But at least I tried it, you never know until you try.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

PATCH NOTES: V1,3 (now can be downloaded on the first post of this thread)

-The timer length has been increased to 2 minutes. When playing we felt 60 / 45 seconds was too short, especially if you've never played the game before.
-Players can NO LONGER reset their own timers (you MUST force your opponent's hand). Because you could reset your own timer, upgrade cards felt way too powerful. The optimal thing to do became playing chicken with the timer, waiting as long as you dare before reseting it to squeeze as many miliseconds of siege time as possible (which honestly just felt weird and clunky as a mechanic). And then sometimes when it hits 0 because you were too late or forgot to reset it, you just lose for no reason and it felt really dumb. The timer was meant to be more permanent and final so this change was made. It still functions similarly to before though as players will still need to send more shipments (usually siege) if they don't think they can kill the TC in time.
-'Going first' is no longer advantageous (going second is best now).
-This is because the initial 60 second time period at the start of each round where players must choose their first shipments now only applies to the winner of the previous round (unless it's round 1). Basically, the winner of previous round 'goes first' and the loser picks second (sounds familiar?). This change drastically reduces the number of timers & notifications on screen and makes the game look much cleaner. It also stops experienced players from spam clicking their shipments and going first every round. I also like this change because it gives both players time to think/plan how they will spend the rest of their deck - which adds a bit of time to stratagize.
-In round 1, and round 1 ONLY, the player who goes first is awarded 1 extra shipment (which usually translates to something like the colonial 8 crossbows, cav, etc in the final round). This is very common practice in card games and is done to offset the disadvantage of going first (though strangely in most cardgames (though not all) going first is usually preferable but eitherway, this still serves the same purpose.)
-The game will now correctly end once a player scores 3 points (Bo5).
-Pikemen now have guard stats in accordance with xbows & all other units, except Spanish pikemen which are Tercio (10% better than guard). This now makes 8 pikes (II) and 10 pikes (III) viable choices in some circumstances.
-The time between a round ending and the next round starting has been increased to 11 seconds to allow players a short moment to catch their breath/chat/plan their first shipment (and so all the notifications disappear and aren't in the way when the fighting resumes).
-Bugs associated with the game ending when a player runs out of shipments now work as intended.
-Native and Asians civs now also receive Euro arsenal upgrades.
-India now starts with enough food to buy their entire deck (in conjunction with the 1000 food shipment they must collect up).
-Germans are now unplayable until a good balance suggestion comes up (maybe all german units are damaged by 50% or 33% upon arriving to the battlefield? All suggestions are welcome).
-The wall segment and military drummer that provide information have been removed (to reduce clutter). Their roles were kind of redundant since the announcements system/flags at the start of each round were introduced. I also think not knowing how many shipments your rival sent during the round (unless you mentally track them) adds a bit of skill to the game and also makes it more exciting to find out when the notifications are announced.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Also I'm now live for some playtesting :) https://www.twitch.tv/interjectionvideos/
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Interjection wrote:PATCH NOTES: V1,3 (now can be downloaded on the first post of this thread)

I can't see it :?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

me neither :cry:
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Version 1,03 is up & fixed. Now going live again :)
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

my enemy sent his shipment but the timer was still counting me out, bug?
edit: I noticed that it depends on how much shipments you send. For example, if I send 2 shipments, the timer will be counting me out until my opponent sends 2 shipments as well.
@Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Thanks for help @_NiceKING_ and everybody else who helped test with me on stream today :)

PATCH NOTES V1,4 (download available on first post)

-The timer (should) be fixed and no longer ever bug out again (hopfully) (please please let me know if you notice it break)
-Players who go first on round 1 will now announce that they received an extra shipment for doing so.
-A ring of water now surrounds the land arena (water shipments remain unavalible for now though). This also decreases the ammount of space avalible behind each players town center.
-The Spanish, Germans, Natives & Asian civilizations now correctly start with 20 shipments.
-If the match ends in a draw the game will correctly announce that.
-The observer slot no longer passively generates XP, so it cannot gain shipments (which was distracting)
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

just played 1,4 version and the same problem with the timer:
_NiceKING_ wrote:If I send 2 shipments, the timer will be counting me out until my opponent sends 2 shipments as well.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

PATCH NOTES: V1,5
-Timer FINALLY working as intended, no bugs.
-Players now have a population limit of 30 (overpoping works as normal). I prototyped this change last night with Noel and found that it made the game significantly more interesting. It became less about constantly spamming reinfocements onto the battlefield and more about unit choice/composition. Fewer units fighting actually makes micro rewarding (which it should be) (and not to mention, way more fun). Less units on the battlefield also means less units dying which results in needing to top up with new shipments less frequently. It sort of slowed the game down a bit which is something I think was needed. I personally think this is the best change made so far. However, I would also like to test out of pop limit of 35 - 40 too
-Germans are now playable but have only 20 population (to offset the effcieny of their shipments... 10500 resources worth of Uhlan is pretty good). This is not an ideal solution though. Origanally I thought Germans were unable to overpop like other civs can. I think at least at some point in AOE3's history Germans were unable to send a shipment unless they had all the avalible pop. This however is not the case anymore so sadly can't be used as a way to balance them. The next best thing is to reduce their population which effectively simulates that. Other balance suggestions are welcome, I think this is a short term solution.
-Crates of 1000 resources are now imedialy added to your bank and do not need to be gathered up (this helps India out and also now allows for mercenary shipments to be sent)
-Ports now have mams & 1k coin in their deck.
-Ports are now also the only civ to have 3 mortars in their deck (I want to see how strong the shipment is).
-Players will no longer receieve eronious prompts to send their first shipment when going second.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Could you possible reduce the total number of shipments that Germany gets? I know that they usually need 15% more XP per shipment so maybe give them 3-5 shipments less then the other civs. Give them a dynamic where they send fewer but stronger shipments
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Yeah that's a good idea, for the next patch I'll give them a full deck but restrict their cards to 15 and see how it goes f
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

@EAGLEMUT is it possible for me to make a trigger that does: Destroy X quantity of protounit in area?

I want a system that detects crates on the map, awards the appropriate amount of resources to that players bank and then destroys the crates afterwards so they cannot also be gathered

But I just don't know how to do it with the current triggers, even installed your customs ones and I don't see anything that makes it possible.

I can detect crates just fine either with 'player unit count' or 'tech status equals + relevant crate tech' but I don't know how to destroy the crates afterwards :(

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, in an unrelated note, I noticed that the stat value trigger can detect units lost. Could it in theory be expanded to detect a particular type of unit lost? e.g., a strelet? :)
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

lol maybe my own patch would be easier, then crates could just be changed to add resources to the bank
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Maybe remove the vill making feature? Is that possible?
Change TC to a really high HP outpost?
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

I'm not sure how to stop the vils actually but they are kind of fun and feel like part of those civ. But yes, they are quite powerful when put in the towncenter so I've made it impossible to garrison them. They can now only be used as meatshields! This change will be in v1,6 whenever I upload that next

Initially I did use an outpost in early versions of the game. But buildings with ranged attack were always a bit problematic. Back then there was no turn turn taking on having to go first though so I think maybe it's time to try them out again. The only thing I don't like though is that outposts have a very small click radius. The TC is nice and big and bulky and allows for unit pops on all sides whereas the tower isn't. Also I like the flavour of a TC. Usually in supremacy when you pop shipments they do come out of a TC and a fight happens around it, I quite like that.

I do want to test out an outpost tho, maybe one in the back of the base. That will also add some anti ship damage for when boats gets added
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Interjection I'll try to write new conditions/effects for the crates and units lost.
Disabling vills should be possible for otto using Player: Toggle TC Spawning, but they are kinda fine as you said.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Thank you so much Eaglemut, that's great :)

Actually now that I know about the toggle I actually will put it in. Though I'll leave India alone
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Alright everyone, competition time.

Whilst ESO is down I'm making some water decks using any & every card available in the game. I'm trying to make the most broken/powerful decks possible abusing ships and mortars just to see how the format will cope.

Anyone who submits a deck here I'll put into the game with their name on it so it can be used by them, me & everyone. If you want too, I'd also appreciate some 'not broken' decks too, pretend that mortars and monitors have drastically less HP/take up crazy ammounts of pop or something

The first one is my take on a competitive Spain (outposts for naval defense, mortars can be used offensively as well as for stopping ships), the second is the cheesiest bs I can come up with.
Attachments
Competitive Spain
Competitive Spain
All in cheese
All in cheese
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Dutch 3 Fluyts in age 3 :hmm:
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hey @Interjection
I'd like to use this deck for your scenario.
Attachments
Cards_deck.PNG
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Thanks for the deck :).

@EAGLEMUT I tried using your 'player deleted unit' trigger but found that it doesn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong?
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

I think mortars are too op , no ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interjection wrote:Thanks for the deck :).

@EAGLEMUT I tried using your 'player deleted unit' trigger but found that it doesn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong?

It does do something, but all of those "deleted x" triggers are very hacky and likely won't be useful to you, I'm afraid. Basically, the way they work is count the number of dead units of the selected type and subtract the total units lost stat, which doesn't count deleted units. However, stuff like killing units via triggers or using gathering crates will mess up these numbers and render the triggers mostly unusable. Also, selecting a specific unit type is probably never a good idea, since it will result in negative numbers as the total units lost stat is always subtracted. Also, destroyed buildings are dead units while not counting towards units lost stat, so that will mess up everything even further.

The original purpose of these was to detect cheesy players deleting their units in scenarios where unit kills should grant some sort of reward (think colloseum etc.) and grant the reward anyway when a unit is deleted on purpose.

Perhaps if you explain further what you wanted to do with this, I might be able to make a new trigger to suit your needs.