Interjection's Card Game

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Re: Interjection's Card Game

Post by Interjection »

Yeah in v1.5 they're very very strong

But for v1.6 the game game will be changing from being post industrial units to vet units without arsnal ups which makes mortars considerably worse given that the TC hp doesn't change. The round win condition will also be changing from killing the TC to killing all units and buildings. And if necessary, mortar population count can be increased from 4 to what it should be even in sup (5). Boats will also receive population costs (1 pop per 100 res that the ship costs in accordance with all other units)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Are you considering making several parts viable so that players may choose what options suit them best? I love the fact that you're constantly improving the scenario, though to be perfectly honest I liked the first versions more :hmm:
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

PATCH NOTES V1,6 Download available on first post.

Gameplay / Mechanic Changes:
-An extra shipment is no longer awarded for going first on round 1. Whilst going first is worse than going second (because you have to commit shipments and approach the enemy TC first) it wasn't disadvantageous enough to warrant an entire extra shipment.
-The winner of the previous round now always goes first in the next one (except on round 1 where there is no previous winner)
-Going first on round 1 is now resolved by a coin flip at the start of the game (though I have added functionality for a 5 hussar fight to decide this but it takes too long and feels a bit weird so it's currently NOT turned on)
-Except for the Sioux, there is a population limit of 30 for ALL civs (no change from v1,5). This drastically slows the rate at which reinforcements need to be sent leaving much more TIME TO MICRO. Fewer units also makes micro more rewarding (and way more fun) and finally, this changes makes army composition much much more thought provoking (sure you can overpop but then you're stuck with that army for a long time!)
-A round is won by destroying your opponents Town Center (no changes from previous versions)
-But due to the strength of all-in siege cheese, units instead now have veteran/elite/disciplined stats (and all the relevant shadow techs). I also like this change because it makes the power level of each unit what you'd expect from supremacy (which I think is important; new formats should strive to be the same Age of Empires we all know and love, just with different victory conditions.
-Because of this, the game no longer needs to be set to the post industrial age (unless the players WANT too in which case all previous functionality e.g., Euro arsenal techs for Native & Asian civs, guard xbow & pikes, etc, are retained as normal)
-Sioux have Champion Dog Soldiers (industrial age stats)
-Aztecs have Champion Skull Knights
-Germany starts with 8 fewer shipments to offset their free uhlan (4 per industrial age shipment, 3 per fortress)

Other changes:
-New map layout!
-The 60 second timer at the start of each round which prompts you to send a shipment now refers to players by name (instead of P1 & P2)
-Resigning now correctly ends the game and makes your opponent win
-The homecity is no longer ever disabled. This means that either player can choose to go first on any round even if they don't have too (though it will not usually ever be advantagious to do so unless you are a god that can predict to send a shipment just slightly before your opponent does - though most of time trying to do this will just result in losing your going second advantage...) I made this change because disabling a players homecity stops both players from looking at the cards left in it thus making it harder to plan/stratagise
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

PATCH NOTES V1,7

-Deck REBALANCE #01 (can be seen on the first post).
-Skirmishers, dragoons, cavalry archers & uhlan now correctly have vet stats (previously unupgraded)
-Dog soldiers, skull knights & flying crows now correctly shadow tech to have the stats they should for the industrial age
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Great, looking forward to try it online! :flowers:
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

The deck that i proposed still hasnt been added.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

because its shit
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Gren Rush OP
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Norway Gaming_Violinist
Crossbow
Donator 05
ESO: Gaming_Violinist

Post by Gaming_Violinist »

Really cool that you made the scenario, adds a whole nother level to the game :smile:
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"
- Henry V, Acte III, Scene I

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/gamingviolinist
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:because its shit

Well, it still looks better than your face. :flowers:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

An idea that popped into my mind, as well as other viewers', during today's stream regarding Sioux was to give them a fire pit. How that would work is basically placing it behind a TC with a couple of vills on it (let's say 5) and perhaps trying to allow the siege dance only. It could be destroyed, vills could be killed, though each round they would be renewed. You could also tweak that with:
— vill shipments from HC
— food shipments from HC to then create vills from TC (ideally instantly)
— food stockpiled at the beginning of the game, something like 1500, to be able to create vills over time (with the ability to make all 15 in one round for a siege timing or spread them out, you know)
That would potentially fix Sioux siege problem, as in normal games it's rectified exactly by the fire pit. Also, vills shouldn't take unnecessary pop space, since Sioux have 200 inherently.
@Interjection
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Btw. what age is preferable in 1.7? Fortress, right?
Also I accidentally set the age to Post-Imperial and it gave players 130 pop (probably due to Immigrants technology) — perhaps worth fixing, perhaps not :hmm:
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I always play in post-industrial. Is fortress/colonial any better?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It affects units' stats — taking down a TC is way easier, while artillery is of less value in Post-Industrial :!: Colonial would be quite strange with age 4 cannons, so I guess either Fortress or Industrial should be optimal.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Thanks for the post about the Sioux @pecelot

With regards to the starting age, the age does not need to be changed. Start in discovery as usual and all units will receive vet/elite/disciplined stats. You can set it to Post Indust for guard/royal guard units but that is not how I will be balancing/intending the game to be played going forward
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer
ESO: ???????

Post by Jutlander »

Damn, this is a VERY cool idea. Congrats!
Have you thought on adding trees and decorations to the map? Might make some units too powerful, maybe.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Quick question, does anyone know what the invisible tapir is called in the scenario editor?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interjection wrote:Quick question, does anyone know what the invisible tapir is called in the scenario editor?

IGC Target :flowers:
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Thanks :). Also, what is it called when I am trying to modify protounit? Looks like they decided giving it the same name would be far to simple
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interjection wrote:Thanks :). Also, what is it called when I am trying to modify protounit? Looks like they decided giving it the same name would be far to simple

It.. is? The effect is called "Modify Protounit". :hmm:
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Hmm... :?

Any ideas?
Attachments
Invis tapir also invis on drop down menu.png
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

I found it! In the drop down menu, it's just called 'Target'. Thanks for the help anyway :)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Ahh, that's what you mean. Yeah, seems to be called just "Target" there.

Nvm, beat me to it.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Alright I think the final version of Cards is finished, no more major mechanic changes at least - I've tested everything that needs testing so any future changes will be strictly balance related :D.

All that's left to do now is start tracking game stats for the future ELO Ladder, can anyone help me get this started? The scenario name is: Cards Rated V1

I heard the dev work has essentially been done before I even started Cards

Once this is in place I'll release the final version & patch notes!

Also this is my 100th post, how fitting. :love:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I'm afraid I don't have good news on that front. As Bucket has left the team, the ladder project is essentially dead right now and will not be easy to revive, even if we decide to get back on it.
I'm all for including a separate Cards ELO, but I can't really give an ETA on when this might happen. Sorry :sad: