ES Remake Project

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

ES Remake Project

Post by Lurker »

[spoiler=Abstract]This project explores the possibility of remaking,expanding and adding more dynamic events-features into the original campaigns leading myself as the only designer and (hopefully) counting on the ESO community to direct me with betatesting and leaving criticism on how certain design principles are handled within Aoe3 unlike other games.
The main obstacle would be the transition for me as a very vivid and experienced AoM/Aoe2 designer to tackle the much stressed out bugs and issues within the editor and trying to work around them. As for benefits, it would give you the player another reason to replay the original ES scenarios with differences and unexpected turn of events that still strongly follow the main plot and the main trajectory with every scenario.

I'm very ambitious to try my hand into seeing how far I can go with map designing until I reach a certain brickwall that could or could not impact the flow of my work, so do not expect a very competent and hardworking person, I'll be doing this mostly in my free time and whenever I feel like touching the editor. As many of you know you could play the scenarios a number of times until you get bored of them and unable to find any more replayability.

Therefore it can be said that my approach on this project will follow very loose lines in accommodation to the criticism presented and supplemented from the community, but also take into consideration to make that constructive and something that a majority can enjoy and agree upon.[/spoiler]
In conclusion, and the TL:DR version, I'll be posting my scenarios here from a week to each 3-4 days depending on the breakthrough I accomplish that is in my opinion very urgent to share, which anybody in this community can play and test for their own amusement, or maybe even modify it and improve it of how they want to see it work. If you wish to contribute to the development, the most helpful way would be adding criticism after each scenario you played. Videos,screenshots are also very much welcome.

Secondary Idea: If the remakes of these scenarios are done, afterwards I'll be looking into making them coop and online-friendly to be played with maximum 2 players.

Updates:

Placeholder(starting fresh)

Bugs and Issues
Pathing (Not something i can ultimately fix, other than decrease the timers to remind the Ottomans to attack, but this can lead to framerate and very staggering play sessions)

Melee units do not respond to Janissary attacks (It's related to auto-formation off trigger that stops grouping units, i've done this in order to scatter the crossbowman and hoop throwers around the fortifications); Potential fix is Army Set Stance, but that leads to even more trigger conflicts.

Bombards get to be idle a lot, this is intended so they don't kill themselves by advancing too far inside the fortification. Due to using more than 3 bombards unlike the original scenario, I do not wish to overload the trigger logic with looping bombard checkers if they are moving and firing.

Releases:

Please check what version you have downloaded before testing and posting, I will usually update it in the main thread.

Placeholder

Special Thanks:
pecelot - Testing my first 3 versions and motivating me to publicly start working on this
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

Re: ES Remake Project

Post by Lurker »

I'm also available on discord, you can find me by just typing Lurker, you can DM me or mention me if you want to get the scenarios more fresh but also untested and tainted with more bugs or problems.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Looks cool! I'll be interested to try these out.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Looks interesting, I'm really familiar with the campaigns since I've speedran them hundreds of times. I'll take a look at this
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

Post by Lurker »

Temporary on hold

I encountered a gamebreaking issue(related with FakePlayer and trigger interacitons with it) and university isn't making it easier to get any free time at all :(

You can delete/lock this thread.
Afraid i'm not 16 years old to have too much free time.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I've been kinda up to other things recently, too, but I still owe you the playtesting!
I'll do that soon, I hope, and let you know about my thoughts on the latest iteration :flowers: