[MOD] Graphics Mod (AOE3)

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Re: [MOD] Graphics Mod (AOE3)

Post by P i k i l i c »

Beware tho, idk if this happens with all computers, but when I use the mod (simplified version) online I always go oos after a certain time
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

Ahh, thank you. @_NiceKING_
c0ns!
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

P i k i l i c wrote:Beware tho, idk if this happens with all computers, but when I use the mod (simplified version) online I always go oos after a certain time

I'll let you know if it does that for me next time I get on!
c0ns!
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

vardar wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:Beware tho, idk if this happens with all computers, but when I use the mod (simplified version) online I always go oos after a certain time

I'll let you know if it does that for me next time I get on!

Oos is caused due to lags in the game. Lags can be caused for anything, like internet speed, computer speed etc. Older versions of this mod were very demanding since I used complex codding in them.

Newer version (released on 29 May) significantly reduced all kinds of lags and thus reduces the chance of Oos significantly as well.

If it still doesn't work, we have no other choices than to install the same version of mod on each game and then play online, so that both computers take equal loads.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Simplified version causes OOS. Confirmed.
And what is this? lol
[spoiler=Open]Image[/spoiler]
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

_NiceKING_ wrote:Simplified version causes OOS. Confirmed.
And what is this? lol
[spoiler=Open]Image[/spoiler]

Looks like missing models. I will look into this issue. Thanks for reporting the problem.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

@_NiceKING_
Here's a quick fix to Ottoman Markets : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B891l ... HNrM0JLRnM
I will try to update the file soon.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

btw simplified version has Blood files but afaik it does not use them
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

@_NiceKING_ They are of no use. You need to edit proto to make the game read the files.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

so I guess they should be removed in the next version since they are useless
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

_NiceKING_ wrote:so I guess they should be removed in the next version since they are useless

Yes it is of no use in Simplified Version. I will remove those small traces of files in future version.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Btw I heard changing the granny files (.gr2) causes random OOS.
Edit: Just played another game and got OOS at ~6mins. :sad:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

_NiceKING_ wrote:Btw I heard changing the granny files (.gr2) causes random OOS.

Do you know some other ways to fix it?
_NiceKING_ wrote:Edit: Just played another game and got OOS at ~6mins. :sad:

Seems there's no way to fix OOS. It will be better to use this mod for single player games only. Use the complete edition, it will be easier to switch between the original game and the mod because of separate launchers.

BTW I have updated the file with fixes to missing textures for construction models. Also updated the textures for all new buildings such that they have more differentiable player colours.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah

Post by P i k i l i c »

Yes, at least this is usable offline, better than nothing

France P i k i l i c
Howdah

Post by P i k i l i c »

Tested the complete version offline, pretty nice indeed, only wanna mention the Portuguese arsenal has a black rectangle under it

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Just a very quick question: it comes with an instalator, right? You can uninstall it just as fast? :smile:
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

P i k i l i c wrote:Tested the complete version offline, pretty nice indeed, only wanna mention the Portuguese arsenal has a black rectangle under it

You are right, thanks for pointing out this mistake. I will do a update as soon as possible.
pecelot wrote:Just a very quick question: it comes with an instalator, right? You can uninstall it just as fast? :smile:

I used to have an uninstaller when the mod used to replace the files. But now on the mod does not replace any files and works side by side. So I removed the uninstaller since it has no use and unnecessarily increased the size. But if you say I will make it available again. There are very few packed files in the complete edition that you can remove easily:
startup\game4.con
AOEIII.bar
AoeIII.exe
loading.bmp
loadingAOE3-0.ddt
loadingAOE3-1.ddt
loadingAOE3-2.ddt
proto4.xml.xmb
stringtable4.xml.xmb
techtree4.xml.xmb
MAP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I meant that it would be much easier to switch with such an uninstaller. The vast majority of people here play online and the mod is unfortunately not compatible in multiplayer, still, though, it would be worth trying out in single players sometimes. :smile:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:I meant that it would be much easier to switch with such an uninstaller. The vast majority of people here play online and the mod is unfortunately not compatible in multiplayer, still, though, it would be worth trying out in single players sometimes. :smile:

Looks like you don't need to uninstall the complete edition in order to play multiplayer on another patch. It works separately and doesn't affect the other patches' files.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Btw I heard changing the granny files (.gr2) causes random OOS.

Is it possible to implement the new models without changing gr2 files?
I'm not that familiar with how graphics work, but I tried deleting all the gr2 files and this interestingly broke all building models except for the church models. For units it also seemed to only break certain models like otto vills. This indicates to me that it might be possible.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Omkar_Satapathy wrote:

Is it possible to implement the new models without changing gr2 files?
I'm not that familiar with how graphics work, but I tried deleting all the gr2 files and this interestingly broke all building models except for the church models. For units it also seemed to only break certain models like otto vills. This indicates to me that it might be possible.

Hahaha you made me laugh. :grin:

Deleting won't help in any way. To implement new models we can use either replacetexture tag, which I used in previous versions. But that caused lag, if you remember.

gr2 files are model files themselves, editing them is the most proper way of implementing new models into
the game. That's why it works perfect now without any lags. ^_^

About random OOS, it seems developers never wanted anyone to let us mod the game. Probably it's for some other reasons. It will be better if the simplified version is implemented directly into the patch, so that both players own the mod, and there's equal load on each computers.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote: gr2 files are model files themselves, editing them is the most proper way of implementing new models into
the game. That's why it works perfect now without any lags. ^_^

Hmm, but how come that the Ottoman mosque or Portuguese church have the correct new unit model, even after I've deleted all gr2 files? :hmm:
It will be better if the simplified version is implemented directly into the patch, so that both players own the mod, and there's equal load on each computers.

Yeah, this is still something to consider, but it might be harder for the community to accept if there's no way to opt out of using the new models on EP.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

EAGLEMUT wrote:Hmm, but how come that the Ottoman mosque or Portuguese church have the correct new unit model, even after I've deleted all gr2 files? :hmm:

That is because unique models for all churches already existed in the game. I just replaced the files at the texture path of existing models and game started using the new textures. So when you deleted all the gr2 files, you couldn't delete the Ottoman mosque or Portuguese church models since they were already there in the game. And game still used the textures provided by my mod, because they were in the place of the texture paths of the original model.

EAGLEMUT wrote:Yeah, this is still something to consider, but it might be harder for the community to accept if there's no way to opt out of using the new models on EP.

It's very easy to switch between new and old models. Since simplified version simply contains new models (buildings and units) for each civilization in two sub-folders inside art folder(named units and buildings). If we make a tool to extract the two folders containing the mod files and another tool removing the two folders from the location, it will work fine. Even WinRAR with some SFX can do the work.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Ahh, alright so, ddt are the textures and gr2 the models. Got it.

Switching the files like that would indeed be possible, but as it is right now, this will cause OOS unless all players have the new models on or all have them off. That makes switching models quite a mess.

It seems like the best way would be to just integrate these building models as the core models for EP, with no option to use old models. It's something that needs to be discussed a bit more with the team and community, but I would be in favor.

A couple more bug reports for the arsenals; Ottoman arsenal will switch back to old design when damaged and contrariwise French arsenal will only switch to new design when damaged.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

EAGLEMUT wrote:A couple more bug reports for the arsenals; Ottoman arsenal will switch back to old design when damaged and contrariwise French arsenal will only switch to new design when damaged.

Thank you, I will look into it, next morning. It is hard to find mistakes without your helps. I appreciate others to help me find the mistakes, so that I can fix them. :smile:

There are mainly five models for each building => normal, low poly, construction, damaged, and death. So you know it's quite messy to look at all of them together. Mistakes are inevitable. But I hope they will get reduced slowly, with the help of yours.