Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

25 Aug 2017, 06:19

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I deleted the windows store from my registry files so I hope they release it on steam ...

Not gonna happen any time soon. They even released a windows version which only uses the store.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

27 Aug 2017, 18:18

Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Pezet

27 Aug 2017, 18:45

There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causā factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies — 徳川 家康
United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Papist

28 Aug 2017, 00:23

TheArtofWars wrote:Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?

Imo, the biggest hint was in the event itself. All the guests were AoE2 casters - sure screams medieval era to me.

pecelot wrote:There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.

I've heard a couple people cite that as evidence, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft used that line because it's a play on words, not because AoE4 is going to take place in an era after than of 3.
My first post, circa March 2015 :blush:
Papist wrote:@frycookofdoom. WTF are you talking about? There is no need for AoE to become a StarCraft rip-off. I sincerly doubt a historical game would attract the science fiction crowd anyways.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Donator 01
ESO: n0eL

29 Aug 2017, 18:32

I don't think anyone has a clue other than its not going to be in the future.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

29 Aug 2017, 18:45

Papist wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?

Imo, the biggest hint was in the event itself. All the guests were AoE2 casters - sure screams medieval era to me.

That's just because they had a LAN event hosted at Gamescom, and at the same time AoE2 remains the main game of the franchise — do you think they would invite someone from the AoE3 or even AoM community?
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causā factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies — 徳川 家康
Brazil lemmings121
Howdah
ESO: lemmings121

01 Sep 2017, 11:15

when can we expect some official news on this? maybe E3 2018?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

01 Sep 2017, 12:37

Well, definitely, no one knows until then, I guess... :?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Donator 01
ESO: n0eL

01 Sep 2017, 12:38

lemmings121 wrote:when can we expect some official news on this? maybe E3 2018?

most likely E3 will be the first info dump.
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

02 Sep 2017, 10:43

Papist wrote:

pecelot wrote:There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.

I've heard a couple people cite that as evidence, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft used that line because it's a play on words, not because AoE4 is going to take place in an era after than of 3.

I think its valid to think that was a play on words. A new age is upon is meaning a new age of empires and a new age in this series.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

02 Sep 2017, 10:47

Jerom wrote:
Papist wrote:

I think its valid to think that was a play on words. A new age is upon is meaning a new age of empires and a new age in this series.

they will produce it in the scenario that sells best. this is still microsoft.
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

02 Sep 2017, 11:02

Well, Microsoft uses to product to push some of their actual agenda (windows store, windows 10 haha). But yeah, I do think almost any company would go for medieval.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
No Flag crjensen4
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: crjensen4

01 Oct 2017, 11:19

Ha - placed my preorder already at CDON.COM for AEO 4 LOL

Forum Info

Return to “News”