United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

17 Oct 2017, 23:35

Hi everyone,
As part of a larger internal review, the Community Team has been discussing the banning of Fightinfrenchman and evilcheadar. We have concluded that while banning them was the correct decision, the duration (1 year) was excessive. Therefore, recognizing that they have already served 6 months of it, the ban will be lifted immediately. We are currently examining our policy on bans, and plan to phase out most of those exceeding 3 months in the near future. We will reserve permanent bans for highly destructive users (e.g. chronic cheating and/or spreading of cheats), but will refrain from applying them in less serious cases.

The Basement users have acknowledged that their behavior in the past was unacceptable, and have agreed to work with us to ensure that they are allowed to participate in the community in a constructive way. By returning, they have agreed to abide by the site rules, and to ensure that all of their posts are of a high quality. We have drawn clear parameters for what is acceptable conduct, hopefully avoiding any misunderstandings in the future.

The goal of the Community Team is to build the community and bring us all together as much as possible. We hope that the actions we have taken will serve as a step in that direction - we are ultimately stronger when we have communication and mutual understanding in the community.

~The ESO-C Community Team
My first post, circa March 2015 :blush:
Papist wrote:@frycookofdoom. WTF are you talking about? There is no need for AoE to become a StarCraft rip-off. I sincerly doubt a historical game would attract the science fiction crowd anyways.
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

17 Oct 2017, 23:38

I've gotten to know Ear more as a person through discord. I'm glad the mods have given him another chance. I hope he doesn't abuse it!
Jan 12-14 Basement Charity Telethon -- $3300+ raised
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
ESO: Anonymous_01

17 Oct 2017, 23:41

Papist oos

User was warned for this post.
Hazza54321 wrote:Holy fuck an autobiography
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

17 Oct 2017, 23:44

Darwin_ wrote:Papist oos

No, please no. I wrote the little warning thing in red, but honestly it doesn't mean much. It just means "please don't". Just lay off poking and trying to get a reaction out of staff please. There are better things to do on ESOC.

edit: hazza you cheeky bitch
currently scrumptious
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team

18 Oct 2017, 01:05

I just want to highlight that the goal with the community team is to build the community. Short term bans are a tool to keep more people in the community. If those bans are too long it ends up doing more harm than good.

Nice post!
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

18 Oct 2017, 01:10

wooo about time , papist oos!

User was warned for this post.
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

18 Oct 2017, 01:11

Well the parameters aren't exactly "clear" but I look forward to clarifying them over time.
Howdah

18 Oct 2017, 02:32

kami_ryu wrote:

No, please no. I wrote the little warning thing in red, but honestly it doesn't mean much. It just means "please don't". Just lay off poking and trying to get a reaction out of staff please. There are better things to do on ESOC.

I understand that what I said was pretty juvenile and stuff, but what about this whole situation isnt? All I was trying to point out is that this whole situation is wicked silly and it seems like way too many people are taking it way too seriously. (I understand why I was warned though and I agree with that decision)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

18 Oct 2017, 02:46

Darwin_ wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:

I understand that what I said was pretty juvenile and stuff, but what about this whole situation isnt? All I was trying to point out is that this whole situation is wicked silly and it seems like way too many people are taking it way too seriously. (I understand why I was warned though and I agree with that decision)

There's really nothing silly about the fact that I was banned for so long
Howdah

18 Oct 2017, 02:57

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The silliness lies in the fact that you were banned
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

18 Oct 2017, 03:06

Darwin_ wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The silliness lies in the fact that you were banned

Not really "silly" so much as unfair and absurd
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

18 Oct 2017, 04:10

Will the community team come on the podcasht?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America Vinyanenya
ESOC Community Team
Donator 03
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

18 Oct 2017, 04:12

sdsanft wrote:Will the community team come on the podcasht?

I was already on the podcasht once (during the ban) but it was deemed unfit for release. I've heard rumors that we're going to be re-recording it soon though!
duck, first of firsts among trashcans
I think my control overall is really good, maybe top 2 in the world
this signature is all fake news
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
ESO: Terkkson

18 Oct 2017, 10:09

we should have elections for community team, no more esoc driven by one political party ( manclers)
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously

"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

18 Oct 2017, 10:22

_H2O wrote:I just want to highlight that the goal with the community team is to build the community. Short term bans are a tool to keep more people in the community. If those bans are too long it ends up doing more harm than good.

Nice post!

Trash talking about half of the community behind their back is a part of building this lovable community?
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
ESO: Terkkson

18 Oct 2017, 10:27

somppukunkku wrote:
_H2O wrote:I just want to highlight that the goal with the community team is to build the community. Short term bans are a tool to keep more people in the community. If those bans are too long it ends up doing more harm than good.

Nice post!

Trash talking about half of the community behind their back is a part of building this lovable community?

isn't it actually what we are doing??? #trashtalkingmitoeinskypewithdemboys
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously

"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

18 Oct 2017, 10:31

#unbanbpdscolonytoo

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
No Flag Djigit
Skirmisher

18 Oct 2017, 10:40

Bans should be permanent. We don't negotiate with terrorists.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

18 Oct 2017, 10:40

Btw, didnt you forget to mention diarouga?

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

18 Oct 2017, 11:09

I'm not sure what positively shocked me more, the unban of the bashment or the aoe4 announcement.
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
It wouldn't be practical to haul my groceries a few kilometres just because I'm a die-hard tree-hugger - Dolan 2016
United States of America jap_jon
Crossbow

18 Oct 2017, 16:37

I think the word "constructive" applies to the group that produces the only regular podcast for this game. They are doing something to better the community and cutting them off entirely seems like a mistake. Good call on bringing them back.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

18 Oct 2017, 16:49

Djigit wrote:Bans should be permanent. We don't negotiate with terrorists.
:hmm:
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Something home flower 4
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

18 Oct 2017, 20:41

ezsync
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Game: AoE Online

18 Oct 2017, 22:29

Very excellent news. I hear they have a lot of unreleased content as a result. Looking forward to it :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

11 Jan 2018, 08:19

esoc drama I'll never really understand it. I guess I don't spend enough time on the forums to keep up with all the drama. I didn't know either of them were ever banned. Anyways welcome back.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety

Forum Info

Return to “News”