Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by Hazza54321 »

wakina on roids are pretty fun, but its kinda ridiculous xD
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

roid wakinas are my new favorite unit now I think
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

EAGLEMUT wrote:We've already got a couple things to hotfix, expect an update to come out later today. Note that compatibility with some recorded games, played on the new patch before this hotfix, might not be preserved. Particularly if the Schooners card was used.

If you're still hotfixing can you please do something about select idle military selecting the IGCT? It's a big thing for poor elifents who don't use control groups :cry:

For the time being I've confirmed I can fix it by deleting it at the start of any game, but it's still a bit troublesome.
oranges.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Xee's magnum opus, The Death of the King. Not badspeed at all. I think you give me too much credit; I merely do the work of Mart. Please refer to the ESOC-prinzip as well as the Goodspeed defence.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Also, please note how Wakinas are generally not affected by the speed aura of the Sioux warchief, due to its range and position. It would be naive to assume Wakinas are effectively 6 Speed.

Chief Tacouh "Runs-With-Horses" Waballe
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:Nice that the EP keeps being updated and new maps come out, and great write-up!

But those changes... Why are we insisting on nerfing uhlan hp? Most people hate this change, it's just ugly and doesn't work. And nerfing dops instead... I don't see how it would make up for it. It's again gonna depend completely on the mu, as uhlans are gonna get rekt by huss again, and dops will still be a niche unit. There's plenty of other changes that would nerf germany more efficiently than this. Btw dops aren't even bad in some situations, they didn't really deserve a buff.

What is this spanish thing? Like where does it come from? It changes the civ way too much, and is probably OP too.

5 speed wakinas??? It's 5,75 with the WC aura, basically as fast as a rod but it's a skirm!!? I don't understand

The mosque is now more cost-efficient than a TP. But you can build it without chopping wood only on 400w start if you already get a TP. Looks like otto is gonna be OP on 400w start and not much different otherwise (regarding the mosque change only, because idk about the jan change, needs testing).

Ah and please... Why aren't we nerfing brits, the clear top civ?

But I like the India changes, the old han change and the culv change. Idk about the water changes, needs testing, but they sound good, though admiralty and schooner changes are pretty weird...
I do think it works, but it is problematic and unpopular, indeed.

Spanish Gold comes from my treasure trove of changes. The idea is to provide an alternative to the all-in military strategy, giving the civilization much wanted depth. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

British could be a problem but maps are working against it.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

The problem is that the efficient of the card is not as good as before
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Join me in not updating to 4.0!
Because of a 10hp Sepoy Nerf?

#damm
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Sioux wakina change is pure madness. The unit could already infinite kite strels and maces with just WC aura. Now it has more base speed and there is still a card to buff all infantry unit speed. The card stack on base stats and WC aura also stacks over the final stats. Wakina final speed will be 6.325. Good job creating a skirm which is faster than cav with the pull trick.

Spanish change is OP the only few times it may viable but doesn't help Spain at all in the vast majority of cases (already tested it).

Map generally work in favor of Brits on the EP. Last round of maps have atleast 2 that favor Brits.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

P i k i l i c wrote:Thanks to all for the insane amount of work. Unfortunately I really dislike the balance changes for pretty obvious reasons many people exposed before me. I'm still wondering if I will update the patch because I would like to try the nice new maps and maybe I could play games with civs/strategies which will not be modified by these changes.
Did you try reading the explanations found in the OP?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Garja wrote:Sioux wakina change is pure madness. The unit could already infinite kite strels and maces with just WC aura. Now it has more base speed and there is still a card to buff all infantry unit speed. The card stack on base stats and WC aura also stacks over the final stats. Wakina final speed will be 6.325. Good job creating a skirm which is faster than cav with the pull trick.

Spanish change is OP the only few times it may viable but doesn't help Spain at all in the vast majority of cases.

Map generally work in favor of Brits on the EP. Last round of maps have atleast 2 that favor Brits.

Don't forget to add the inca infantry tech on Pampas Sierras or Iowa. Wakinas are the new genitours.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:so you implemented changes 90% of the community disagreed with, nice
Are you talking about nine people? Your percentages need work.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Nobody commented on Russia not being changed at all, I think they are pretty weak atm.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Atomiswave wrote:Nobody commented on Russia not being changed at all, I think they are pretty weak atm.

Rush civs are one dimensional and should be weak.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Jerom wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:Nobody commented on Russia not being changed at all, I think they are pretty weak atm.

Rush civs are one dimensional and should be weak.

They lose/struggle in almost every mu? I'd call it too weak....
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Rikikipu wrote:
Garja wrote:Sioux wakina change is pure madness. The unit could already infinite kite strels and maces with just WC aura. Now it has more base speed and there is still a card to buff all infantry unit speed. The card stack on base stats and WC aura also stacks over the final stats. Wakina final speed will be 6.325. Good job creating a skirm which is faster than cav with the pull trick.

Spanish change is OP the only few times it may viable but doesn't help Spain at all in the vast majority of cases.

Don't forget to add the inca infantry tech on Pampas Sierras or Iowa. Wakinas are the new genitours.

Ahah just tried that, you can run forever from hackapells, so funny.
Wakina get same speed as the WC.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:so you implemented changes 90% of the community disagreed with, nice
Are you talking about nine people? Your percentages need work.

So does your personality
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Garja wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

Ahah just tried that, you can run forever from hackapells, so funny.
Wakina get same speed as the WC.

Goodspeed should read this.....
Germany risi321
Skirmisher

Post by risi321 »

the new ep laag
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

:hmm:
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I absolutely love the new maps and I think this release is probably the best one so far (the unique treasures on wadmalaw are a wicked cool touch too!). However, I do have one or two suggestions.

Firstly: I think the starting hunts on most of the new maps are a little too small, sometimes you may be almost out of food before you even click up. I think the the general lower-hunt theme of these maps is totally great, but I think that one of the things that is necessary on a low-hunt map is a larger-than-normal starting herd (maybe 10 animals instead of 5, kinda like what cascade has). With a small starting herd on a low-hunt map, it seems to me like you really can only play aggressively and take map control early, and can't afford to wait to take map control until like 7-8 minutes, which can skew balance IMO.

The second suggestion would be for adirondacks, as I think that map still has some hunt-spawning issues, and now with what seems like 1 less hunt per person due to increased fish, those spawn issues seem exasperated. If either the hunt spawning could be fixed a bit (I think it has always been an issue with the map), or just adding another hunt per player (though maybe with fewer animals), I think the map would play a lot better. Cheers!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 4.0.0.1 is now live with a ton of fixes! Changelog:
- Fixed an issue with the Elo tracker code that caused all TR maps to fail loading.
- TR recorded games will now output TR patch version.
- EP: Schooners train point decrease effect reduced to -20% for non-Asian boats.
- Launcher: improved support of beta version strings. Fixed an issue where the Beta channel would always recommend downloading an update. Fixed an issue where users on a Beta version wouldn't be notified of a new Production update.
- EP: Added missing multipliers for Howdah in Guardian mode vs Villagers, Artillery, CoyoteMan.
- EP: Fixed pop cost and added missing multipliers for Mansabdar Howdah in Guardian mode vs Villagers, Artillery.
- EP/TR: patched security vulnerability - validate CRCs for included XS map scrips.
- TR: various bugfixes done by NiceKING.
- XPMOD: now based on age3f, added hook support and Discord bot support. XPMOD rooms are displayed in dark gold color. Fixed an issue where XPMOD was not installed properly for some players.
- EP/TR: fixed Elo tracker unit being selectable with certain hotkeys.
- Fixed a client crash when internet connection is not available.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Well Adirondacks always has a big 2nd hunt. Then it can vary from just that or even 3 controllable elk herds. Normally (about 60% of cases) both players get that safe 2nd and a somewhat controllable 3rd which is the aim of the map. Unless hunts get placed in a fixed manner it isn't really possible to make them perfectly symmetric (not that is even wanted).
Please note that the amount of hunts on Adirondacks is still gigantic for its land surface.

As for the first hunt thing, I'd say EP maps are already super conservative. All it takes to reach colonial is 2k food (4 bisons) which is always granted. It is key to herd what you need after that and when you need it (in age1 if necessary).
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Spanish change is OP the only few times it may viable but doesn't help Spain at all in the vast majority of cases (already tested it).

5 base speed is probs overkill. 4.5 wouldve been enough
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thye have 7.47 speed on andes haha, almost as fast as the warchief himself