New Maps! New EP!

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by spanky4ever »

Garja wrote:On the 500w TC change: how useless is that ? :lol:
Like -100w is not like making any difference whatsoever in practice, yet changing the game more from the official patch. Could have saved at least that one.

1000 wood . would make you 2 new townsenter in fortress . I you any of the natives, you can spawn villies from 3 tcs :P :love: even 3 villies on firepit would make a HUGE diff :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

We've already got a couple things to hotfix, expect an update to come out later today. Note that compatibility with some recorded games, played on the new patch before this hotfix, might not be preserved. Particularly if the Schooners card was used.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

Cedar forest needs to be changed somehow. I'm about to go blind.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Dragoon

Cool map but with spread of berries and dusk setting it's almost impossible to see resources especially on the mini map
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

oh God this interviewing is good
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:Lol Spain new card already gives 400g itself. I'd say that is too good without even testing it vs a real opponent.

See why I said it was good? XD
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

rickytickitembo wrote:Cedar forest needs to be changed somehow. I'm about to go blind.

Cedar forest? Where/what is that?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
rickytickitembo wrote:Cedar forest needs to be changed somehow. I'm about to go blind.

I saw some games being hosted on that map earlier, but I don't think it's an ESOC map.
Dragoon

Ahh ok you're right. Made by Durokan so I just assumed ESOC map.

Mitoe wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

I saw some games being hosted on that map earlier, but I don't think it's an ESOC map.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yeah the interview and the maps are great!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

So funny that NOW you guysare implementing some of the changes ive begged for since 1.1 lol

Too bad the general changes are eurocentric once again...
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

That's a lot of new information! Awesome :D And thanks for all the hard work
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
India TheFlyingBeast
Crossbow
ESO: TheFlyingBeast

Post by TheFlyingBeast »

The new esoc patch update 4.0.0.0 crashes treaty patch.
ERROR: (Map) failed to load
If try more then (Age of empires 3 stopped working).
Help to solve this problem. :sad:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

TheFlyingBeast wrote:The new esoc patch update 4.0.0.0 crashes treaty patch.
ERROR: (Map) failed to load
If try more then (Age of empires 3 stopped working).
Help to solve this problem. :sad:

See post above yours: viewtopic.php?p=264544#p264499
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Having a lot of fun with Spanish Gold card off stream
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

umeu wrote:So funny that NOW you guysare implementing some of the changes ive begged for since 1.1 lol

The entire world is eurocentric ...
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
umeu wrote:So funny that NOW you guysare implementing some of the changes ive begged for since 1.1 lol

The entire world is eurocentric ...

That's a eurocentric viewpoint. ^_^
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Nice that the EP keeps being updated and new maps come out, and great write-up!

But those changes... Why are we insisting on nerfing uhlan hp? Most people hate this change, it's just ugly and doesn't work. And nerfing dops instead... I don't see how it would make up for it. It's again gonna depend completely on the mu, as uhlans are gonna get rekt by huss again, and dops will still be a niche unit. There's plenty of other changes that would nerf germany more efficiently than this. Btw dops aren't even bad in some situations, they didn't really deserve a buff.

What is this spanish thing? Like where does it come from? It changes the civ way too much, and is probably OP too.

5 speed wakinas??? It's 5,75 with the WC aura, basically as fast as a rod but it's a skirm!!? I don't understand

The mosque is now more cost-efficient than a TP. But you can build it without chopping wood only on 400w start if you already get a TP. Looks like otto is gonna be OP on 400w start and not much different otherwise (regarding the mosque change only, because idk about the jan change, needs testing).

Ah and please... Why aren't we nerfing brits, the clear top civ?

But I like the India changes, the old han change and the culv change. Idk about the water changes, needs testing, but they sound good, though admiralty and schooner changes are pretty weird...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Kaiserklein wrote:Nice that the EP keeps being updated and new maps come out, and great write-up!

But those changes... Why are we insisting on nerfing uhlan hp? Most people hate this change, it's just ugly and doesn't work. And nerfing dops instead... I don't see how it would make up for it. It's again gonna depend completely on the mu, as uhlans are gonna get rekt by huss again, and dops will still be a niche unit. There's plenty of other changes that would nerf germany more efficiently than this. Btw dops aren't even bad in some situations, they didn't really deserve a buff.

What is this spanish thing? Like where does it come from? It changes the civ way too much, and is probably OP too.

5 speed wakinas??? It's 5,75 with the WC aura, basically as fast as a rod but it's a skirm!!? I don't understand

The mosque is now more cost-efficient than a TP. But you can build it without chopping wood only on 400w start if you already get a TP. Looks like otto is gonna be OP on 400w start and not much different otherwise (regarding the mosque change only, because idk about the jan change, needs testing).

Ah and please... Why aren't we nerfing brits, the clear top civ?

But I like the India changes, the old han change and the culv change. Idk about the water changes, needs testing, but they sound good, though admiralty and schooner changes are pretty weird...

I think that that fact that there weren't nerfs to brits and were nerfs to india might be fine this tournament as the new maps and the tournament map pool in general are fairly low-resource. The change to wakina's was a little odd (I think that 4.5 speed would have been more than enough), but it does fit with sioux's theme. I agree with the change to uhlans being kinda meh (190hp and 25% rr would have been better imo), but I am excited to see what the dopp change will look like (skirm/dopp/uhlan age 3 anyone?).
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

India is one of the counters to brits (or at least one of the most decent picks), so its rush being nerfed helps brits even more. And the EP maps are faily high-resources actually (and in tourney you will pick brits on a brits-friendly map so it's not very relevant anyway).

Sioux units aren't any faster than regular units. Their cav has regular huss speed, and BR and RR are arguably slower than some goon-type units since they also have huss speed. cetans have xbow speed and clubs pike speed. Really only the WC aura makes their units fast, and I think 15% boost is enough without this kind of buff.

People won't make dops in age 3 in a vast majority of mus, because skirms are dominant and dops need to be upgraded (and even with hp boost they will still get sniped pretty fast by skirms. It's actually still 8 shots for a skirm to kill a dop anyway).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Also who would realistically stop skirm production to upgrade dopps and start making them?
Edit: talking about semi-ff wars btw

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

macacoalbino wrote:Also who would realistically stop skirm production to upgrade dopps and start making them?
Edit: talking about semi-ff wars btw

why not sometimes you just need dops because they do well vs enemy composition, or you made some in age 2 and you want to upgrade them.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I think it would have been better if those 10 hp from uhlans went to WW instead. Nobody will use dops in age 3 anyway. Maybe dop buff is aimed towards buffing ger colo agenda.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

somppukunkku wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Correct, it seems pretty hopeless since you just keep on posting. I believe you've dug your hole yourself, no need for me to intervene any more. I'll be seeing you in the RO32, again!

Lol... And you deleted my messages because they contained wrong opinions? =D

this is what happens when you make16 old kid mod...

Totally agree, all changes has gone to far, i mean sconners only reduce 20 w cost is ridiculous, it is not even viable right now
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

One could argue, however, that fishing as a whole has become much more viable now - not utterly reliant upon a shipment anymore.

You will also be reminded that while schooners now only decreases the price of fishing boats by 20w, it does lower their train time, such that one could possibly build one less dock and save a similar amount of wood for a similar boom.