New Maps! New EP!

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by yurashic »

I like these changes very much. I think they are a step in the right direction. We finally have the warship range nerf and the sepoy nerf.

The only thing I don't like is that British remain the top civ. They were already the most mirrored civ, this new patch nerfed civs that were doing well vs British (Germany, India) and I can't even imagine a civ that beats a well played Britain now...
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

- "Spanish Gold" shipment effect replaced with: "Grants 400 coin with every shipment starting with this one." Availability changed from Industrial to Fortress Age.

ok, so... wtf?

This might bring some interesting stuff, but this change is pretty much a random mod to the game, i dont see how it fits in a balance patch, aimed to balance without changing the civs too much.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Spain is one dimensional - martspeed
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Nerf jan sepoy ok.. ashi never! Just down speed from 4 (down from 4.5) this really OP..
U guys kill rush of india.. thanks
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Rushes are a dumb strategy by objective measures. Skirm goon requires more intelligence.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Also, interesting how the best counters to british were nerfed :hmm:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Hazza54321 wrote:so you implemented changes 90% of the community disagreed with, nice

Great to see ports and dutch back on top! I have been missing playing with 3 hands on dick!

Thanks, GodSpeed!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

I'm really pleased with the changes, can't wait to try out the Spanish Gold card!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Good work and nice post. As usual, all the haters will continue to hate.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Bramboy, go fuckyourself =D

edit: Mr_bramboy decided not to delete this message after deleting my 10 messages without any personal insult. Except his "fuck off and dont come back".
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Correct, it seems pretty hopeless since you just keep on posting. I believe you've dug your hole yourself, no need for me to intervene any more. Have a nice day!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Correct, it seems pretty hopeless since you just keep on posting. I believe you've dug your hole yourself, no need for me to intervene any more. I'll be seeing you in the RO32, again!

Lol... And you deleted my messages because they contained wrong opinions? =D

this is what happens when you make16 old kid mod...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Voicing an opinion is fine. Expressing extreme amounts of negativity while personally attacking people and refusing an opportunities to actually put work into changing something, however, is not
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Voicing an opinion is fine. Expressing extreme amounts of negativity while personally attacking people and refusing an opportunities to actually put work into changing something, however, is not

I didn't make any personal insult, unlike you :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

And secondly, if I get 6 likes or something in a few minutes on my opinion. Some people agree with them? Right?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

n0el wrote:Good work and nice post. As usual, all the haters will continue to hate.

It's easy to say that. I've had the tendency to support ep and I actually tried to promote EP as much as possible at one point by creating 1v1 obs games involving many lower ranked players that couldnt get games on EP otherwise. It's too easy to whimp off people with negative opinions as haters, it'd be better to actually take feedback at all.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

somppukunkku wrote:I didn't make any personal insult, unlike you :)

somppukunkku wrote:Bramboy, go fuckyourself =D

edit: Mr_bramboy decided not to delete this message after deleting my 10 messages without any personal insult. Except his "fuck off and dont come back".
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Stop airing your dirty laundry out - both of you. Is it so hard to hold a proper conversation?

Anyways - I'm continually floored by the great work the devs are doing to EP. We get new features introduced each new iteration of the patch. To me, this shows there is still passion behind the project and why I'll always keep playing EP no matter the balance changes.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

The new water maps look very cool. Wadmalaw has a new hunt (lizards) and some new treasures.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:I didn't make any personal insult, unlike you :)

somppukunkku wrote:Bramboy, go fuckyourself =D

That was after all my messages which didnt include insults...
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Hi all. Despite my colored name, this post contains my opinion and my opinion only.

Some of you know I have not been around much lately. Every once in awhile, I see something the ESOC team (typically developers, just because that is what interests me) are working on and I get excited to come back in help with stuff. This time, it's @EAGLEMUT's work on finishing the network hook stuff I started (which I think is going to be really cool and open up some opportunities for the patch). Then I read a thread like this and I remember why I left in the first place (and keep leaving every time I show up again). I have a lot of respect for the developers who are willing to keep working on this despite the toxicity of the community (and when I say community, I mean both non-team members and team members, not just one of the groups).

I am fine with people disagreeing with changes. That is expected. I just don't see much of anything constructive happening in this thread. Keeping discussion more civil, not needing to resort to deleting posts, etc, would much more likely result in change sets that everyone was happy with. I don't think accusing the team of only blindly promoting their own playstyle is going to do anything but widen the divide. I don't think deleting posts that contain criticism, even when uncivil, is likely to de-escalate the situation either. If everyone would focus on civil discussion about the changes, and not personal attacks, etc., I expect things would be much better.

Most of all, I just think ESOC does stuff that is a lot more important than some little stat changes in the patch. Organizing tournaments, maps, Elo ladders, etc. The personal attacks about some little changes that I expect really don't make that much difference in the end are likely, in my opinion, to ruin this community. They've ruined it for me.

I expect my comments here are more likely to add fuel to this fire than fix it, but I couldn't resist trying.

@KINGofOsmane
In the past we've generally released announcement post ~24 hours or so prior to actual patch release. I assume this is the same here.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think the primairy reason the discussion is not constructive anymore is because it was constructive in another thread where it seemed the changes had underwhelming support and the arguments presented in favor of them might have appeared a bit elusive/absent to some.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Jerom wrote:I think the primairy reason the discussion is not constructive anymore is because it was constructive in another thread where it seemed the changes had underwhelming support and the arguments presented in favor of them might have appeared a bit elusive/absent to some.

Even so, resorting to personal attacks isn't the solution to this problem.

If it seems like there was constructive discussion that was ignored, my guess is that falls in the disconnect between the discussion threads and the developers who are actually implementing the changes. There tends to be a few people in between those involved in those discussions and developers, and then because we end up trying to a release right before tournaments (which I dislike), there isn't enough time for the people who make up that bridge to fully consider suggestions and incorporate them into actual changes.

For the most part, I think there are two major problems with the patch release cycle:
1) The tendency to release changes right before a tournament. This results in a hard deadline for release and rushed changes. I think this has grown out of the desire to release new maps prior to tournaments (which I don't think is entirely a bad thing) ended up coupled balance changes to prior to tournaments (which I do think is bad).
2) Not opening up the team's proposed changes to community discussion early enough. I don't see any reason for changes to stay a secret that no one gets to know about until shortly before release. This time and time again has resulted in ~2 weeks prior to release some changes getting into public discussion, big at least partly constructive discussions happening, and not enough time to incorporate constructive criticism into a real patch prior to release due to problem #1.

Constructive criticism and analysis of why things have gone the way they did are much more helpful to the community than a first reply to the post like:
Join me in not updating to 4.0!
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Wadmalaw looks cool!
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah @EAGLEMUT @musketeer925 I absolutely love what the devs have done, stuff like the recorded game comparability tool and the upcoming network hook look incredibly cool. I think I speak for almost everyone that has had negative comments that our problems with the patch have nothing to do with the amazing work that you guys have done.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.