ESOC Patch is coming

No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by aoefan4life »

Game breaking OP treasures should be nerfed as well.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by medinos »

When the beta test opens after like a few weeks alot of things will be changed...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

lusas wrote:I also think China and India should be tuned down a bit where they are op.

This patch is made for the comunity isnt it ? its not compreensive that 2 of the most winning % of tad arent touch!!!!!!!!

Everyone has their own opinion but keep it for Math !!!! nerf and boost should take this has the only way and not personal views!!!!!!!!!

We try to balance civs at a perfect (theoric) level, not at the pr30 level or above.
If we can that''s great but we don''t want a civ to be balanced for the community and to be op in tournament.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by iNcog »

Keep in mind all, first iteration of the patch will have minimal changes.

It's all about reigning in the OP civs (Iroq, Otto) and giving the UP civs (Dutch, Port) the slight boost they need to be more competitive. Dutch and Ports are already far from unplayable, just a small boost may suffice to bring them in line with the rest of the civs. The other civs won't necessarily be touched, perhaps Spain might get a small buff to one or two of its shipments.

We aren't going to be touching game design if possible (though this might be necessary for broken civs), so no changes to musketeers or treasures yet.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:This is the sad thing about making a balance patch. Suddenly everyone and their mother knows exactly what should be fixed about the game and wont try to hude that they know it better than the people developing it.
+1
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by aoefan4life »

incog wrote:Keep in mind all, first iteration of the patch will have minimal changes.

It''s all about reigning in the OP civs (Iroq, Otto) and giving the UP civs (Dutch, Port) the slight boost they need to be more competitive. Dutch and Ports are already far from unplayable, just a small boost may suffice to bring them in line with the rest of the civs. The other civs won''t necessarily be touched, perhaps Spain might get a small buff to one or two of its shipments.

We aren''t going to be touching game design if possible (though this might be necessary for broken civs), so no changes to musketeers or treasures yet.
Just give dutch their stats from the time period where h2o played iamgrunt in some big tournament. It was a dutch mirror game but I can''t remember when.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by DivineFire »

jerom wrote:This is the sad thing about making a balance patch. Suddenly everyone and their mother knows exactly what should be fixed about the game and wont try to hude that they know it better than the people developing it.
Ugh +1204801927, seriously guys just shut up lol
Taunt 3
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

mmcnoel wrote:
diarouga wrote:Atm ger, brit, fre, india, jap, iro, otto can beat a chinese ff.
Iro and otto will be nerfed but dont forget that other civs will be buffed so it will balance a bit more.
And the new patch will be a beta, as gs said, so if we realise that china is too srong, itll be nerfed :)

China age 2 is very under rated imo

China age 2 is trash. Any civ that doesnt have a musk unit besides Aztec has a trashy age 2. You need anti cav but pikes arent good against anything but cav. And with China its even worse because the banner armies force you to make an inordinate amount of pikes, which are basically useless.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

Age2 china can actually work. I think I saw aiz beat mitoe with it on stream.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by medinos »

jerom wrote:Age2 china can actually work. I think I saw aiz beat mitoe with it on stream.
I played a few age 2 china it is pretty OP to have a big mass unit in age 2
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Age2 china can actually work. I think I saw aiz beat mitoe with it on stream.
Just because Aiz has contorted something into working does NOT mean its viable. If that were the case every civ in every age would be vaible.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by glorious_ »

+1
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Marco1698 »

This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Marco1698 »

What I really like of this patch is only the protection vs hackers. That's a nice idea
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
Just because Aiz has contorted something into working does NOT mean its viable. If that were the case every civ in every age would be vaible.

well true, but china colonial is actually strong. You just think its trash because people nowadays also think its trash and only do FF, which might indeed be better. But to say its trash just means you dont have much experience with it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

marco1698 wrote:This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian

those were only some of the changes. They will also nerf iro and otto and buff dutch and maybe change up ports even more and rework sioux.

Thats the start, depending on what happens they might also change up a lot more.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't understand why people carry on complaining about not enough changes when it has been said like 10 times that the patch would make minor changes at first... Do you guys want the patch to be perfect at once ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:
marco1698 wrote:This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian
those were only some of the changes. They will also nerf iro and otto and buff dutch and maybe change up ports even more and rework sioux.

Thats the start, depending on what happens they might also change up a lot more.
how can sioux be reworked?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
jerom wrote:those were only some of the changes. They will also nerf iro and otto and buff dutch and maybe change up ports even more and rework sioux.

how can sioux be reworked?

nerf bowriders, buff cetan bows and war clubs. Give them more eco options. Sth along those lines.

Atm bow riders are insane and most other stuff sucks.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by mongobillione »

calmyourtits wrote:
mnogobillione wrote:Lmao port vill reduced coste.. Gg to fair team games
Team games are fair now? Thats news to me ')
Haha u got me..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by n0el »

gibson wrote:
mmcnoel wrote:China age 2 is very under rated imo
China age 2 is trash. Any civ that doesnt have a musk unit besides Aztec has a trashy age 2. You need anti cav but pikes arent good against anything but cav. And with China its even worse because the banner armies force you to make an inordinate amount of pikes, which are basically useless.
I disagree with this. China has powerful shipments and eco in age 2 but no one plays it because of the strength of china FF.

Pikes are not useless, your opponent needs to make cav because microd CKN are strong and easily can kite musket armies. Plus having a mass of pike helps you when you hit critical timing mass after 3 mili shipments to push and seige rax/stables. The only thing that makes China age 2 difficult to play is the slow age up. You have to micro perfectly against fast pressure from civs like otto, iro and russia but if you can hold the initial push you can win against otto and russia easily (iro just too OP).
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

China colonial just disappeared. Not because it is actually bad, it just left the meta for some reason. At some point in the game (~2013) even good players, including goodspeed (he actually used it against me for a few games), were using it. FF is often better, but against a civ like brits or dutch with bad hunts, its a really nice strat.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by alejandrote »

Rice Paddies could cost 600w, it's not fair for euro civs to pay 800w for a plantation while Asian pay 400w for a versatile infrastucture. And Asian civs are less dependant of food so it won't be a disaster.

Now I'm ready for pitchforks.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Rikikipu »

Nerf german... LOL. Next step, nerf dutch and spain plz
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

rikikipu wrote:
nerf dutch and spain plz
You NUTS?