ESO-community revamped!

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Goodspeed »

Fellow AoE3 fans,

Welcome to our awesome new community site!

In the past months, this community has grown not only in size but in quality too. People are getting involved in this tournament, there are more participants in the betting tournament than there ever were on agesanc 4 years ago, and last weekend we had a whopping 450 viewers on the official stream. AoE3 is dead? I don??t think so!

This inspired us to build a new community site. We chose to use this existing board because it??s getting a decent amount of traffic due to the tournament, and we can keep hosting tournaments from here. This definitely won??t be the last one! We are also working together with most of the prominent community members and will make sure the content keeps on coming.

The forums have been restructured to take the focus away from the tournament and present it as more of a general community website. We hope that, instead of the gazillion different forums where AoE3 fans gather now, we can push this forum as the new agesanc and get everyone to gather here. We encourage all of you to advertise it any way you can. Word of mouth is our biggest weapon here!

Changes:
From now on, the home page will be the news page instead of the forum index. Most of the important links are on that page, and you can find your participated threads there as well as recently updated threads (on the right sidebar).
If you would still like the forum index as your homepage, the best way to do it is simply bookmark the following URL: forum

The new side bar shows useful community links, the forum index, streams (if they are live it will say so), and recently posted replays. Please don??t be shy and post your recs in the rec section, even if you??re not very good at the game. If you want tips, you??ll have them. There are plenty of top players active on this forum right now and I??m sure they??d all love to help out.

As for the people who made this happen:
- Incog is our main hero. He spent a lot of valuable free time to reskin the entire forums and make the side bar work like we want it to. He has all of our gratitude!
- WickedCossack (AKA TMOUllrich)
- Goodspeed
- Mitoe
- Edeholland
- Neuron

Of course we welcome any feedback and/or suggestions. Make sure you leave some in this thread or in the new "Site suggestions" board. Also, please message any of the above people if you would like to be included in the stream list.

Let's make this our new home. Enjoy!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Garja »

OP
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Goodspeed »

neuron wrote:It''s better. Can the background for the forum be changed and the default font to a better font? Also the width of the posts is a bit too wide, imo, which makes you read a lot from left to right in one line. If you need help with CSS, I can contribute.
By background of the forum do you mean background of the site or background of posts?
France iNcog
Ninja

ESO-community revamped!

Post by iNcog »

neuron wrote:It''s better. Can the background for the forum be changed and the default font to a better font? Also the width of the posts is a bit too wide, imo, which makes you read a lot from left to right in one line. If you need help with CSS, I can contribute.
what resolution is your monitor hmm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESO-community revamped!

Post by iNcog »

It was quite a ride, heh.

Anyway, these forums are taking their baby steps. So if anything isn't working as it looks like it should, either send me or someone else a PM, or post in site suggestions, we will get that fixed asap. Not 2 minutes ago we had a wild link to take care of. It's all good now.

Otherwise, this isn't quite the forum's final form. We have a couple of goals we'd like to attain for this site and we're more than willing to accept a helping hand from anyone who has either experience in web design or time (both wouldn't be bad). In particular, we're looking to implement a simple replay system in the future. Other replay sites such as AgeSanc and Game replays used PHP something to extract information from replay files and then post that information on the internet. We'd be interesting in doing the same thing' if you have experience with Javascript and some spare time, we would really like to hear from you. Similarly, we're looking to make it easier to go from this site to the Simple ELO ladders our excellent friends from Japan have made.

Other goodies include support for additional tournaments, right here on this site, as well as betting for each of those tournaments. Well, lots of stuff to look forward to anyway

hf hf
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Goodspeed »

neuron wrote:Background of the forum and site, so the area around the posts (left and right).

When I loaded the home page, it had a wood texture background (now it''s gone). Maybe the same could be used for the forum too?
It is, that''s you.

The same wooden background is used everywhere. I''ve noticed it doesn''t always load on mobile though, maybe you have a bad connection and it fails to load, then loads the default background which is dark red?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by WickedCossack »

We had changed the background Neuron, apparently it's not loading for you :/

Will take look.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESO-community revamped!

Post by iNcog »

neuron wrote:1920/1080

I don''t think that should matter, tho, because the forum''s CSS probably scales up and keeps proportions on higher or lower resolutions.
yeah that''s exactly what it does :p

i was asking because of background. it might not look as good for someone using a 4k monitor. wasn''t sure!
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by WickedCossack »

If you send your skype info to me incog or GS via PM we can communicate a lot easier.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Very nice! :D
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Goodspeed »

neuron wrote:OK, it turns out it could be some cache stuff with Chromium. It loads right in Firefox.

PS. Well, actually not. The wood texture disappears once I log in using either Chromium or Firefox. So, doesn''t look like it''s from me. Yep, same stuff on IE 11. When I log in the textures and all the styling disappear.

Anyone else who can test this?

Seems to be connected to your account then, if it happens as soon as you log in..
Like wickedcossack mentioned, message one of us your skype info so we can communicate easier. Seems like we could use your help too, if you''re into web design. We don''t have access to the site''s source code though, that''s been one of the biggest challenges.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Goodspeed »

Oh, that may very well be the case for more people then. I disabled the default theme, so everyone should see this one now.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

ESO-community revamped!

Post by giveuanxiety »

Sick! well done guys!
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

ESO-community revamped!

Post by _H2O »

Thanks so much to everyone involved we had a great team (Incog, WickedCossack ,Goodspeed, Mitoe, Edeholland) working on this and the site turned out amazing. I am sure there will be more great things to come for the site!
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

ESO-community revamped!

Post by CuCkO0 »

Looks pretty cool. Just need sexy pic section now and it's finish amirite
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

ESO-community revamped!

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Awww yeah nice, now I finally get to talk about AoE3 again after all these years.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

ESO-community revamped!

Post by MCJim »

Wow, I was surprised when the site loaded! It's beautiful :D
This site is great for such an OP community ')
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

ESO-community revamped!

Post by divine_moon »

Nice guys! :D
hope to see an active community like before!