ESOC Staff Changes

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

ESOC Staff Changes

Post by Mitoe »

Hey everyone!

I know a lot of you have been asking about H2O's mysterious disappearance from the ESOC team. Yes, it is true that he is no longer a member of the ESOC staff. Fear not, nothing will be changing here at ESOC. Our good friend H2O has been intending to move onto other things for some time now, and even though he may not be a big name on the forums, you'll likely still see him lurking on the AoE3 ladders from time to time. ;)

H2O's departure is not alone: as some of you may already know, 91 and musketeer925 will be moving onto other projects as well. We owe them a lot for all the work these three have done for the site and the community, and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavours!

The news isn't all bad, however: this weekend we had resident community member N0el join our team! He will be helping out with moderating the forums and managing some of ESOC's media channels. We look forward to working with him in the future!

Though our staff may come and go, ESOC itself won't be going anywhere. Keep an eye out for some announcements about upcoming events in the near future!
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Re: ESOC Staff Changes

Post by DivineFire »

I'm also going to be managing moderation etc. and have joined the Administration team, Mitoe left that out I guess. :P
Taunt 3
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Noel hype.

Always sad to see people like ryan adam and 91 leave. Unfortunately real life and such exists.
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

Well wishes and thanks to all the departing staff and congratulations/welcome to the new staff. :)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ctrl + F
search "the ear"
=> no result in this thread

What are you guys doing ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Oh wow, what's Ryan up to???
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

DivineFire wrote:I'm also going to be managing moderation etc. and have joined the Administration team, Mitoe left that out I guess. :P

It's just the sound of NO ONE CARING

jk ;p
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Oh wow, what's Ryan up to???

What are YOU up to???? You don't play anymore
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Hey! I played a team game a few days ago..
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Kaiserklein wrote:ctrl + F
search "the ear"
=> no result in this thread

What are you guys doing ?

Yesh odd
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

ovi12 wrote:
DivineFire wrote:I'm also going to be managing moderation etc. and have joined the Administration team, Mitoe left that out I guess. :P

It's just the sound of NO ONE CARING

jk ;p

lol 1
Taunt 3
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I support modding the ear.... or do i?
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

_H2O wrote:I support modding the ear.... or do i?

Leaves staff: Instantly starts trolling.
Taunt 3
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

damn right i am
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Wow I didn't realize both 91 *and* musketeer left. That's quite a hit just from a development perspective. h2O was a large part of mod team too, with all his spread sheets n stuff.

And now couples are randomly crying in this condo which should only fit 4 ppl and is instead fitting 8. #aoeisbae #6morenightstogo
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Who will be doing EP development now that musketeer925 has left? I thought he was the only one doing the actual coding behind the project. @Mitoe
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Well that doesn't really matter since we have DivineSucker to replace h2o. And he's a great mod as well as a great player.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well that doesn't really matter since we have DivineSucker to replace h2o. And he's a great mod as well as a great player.

sigh
Taunt 3
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

DivineFire wrote:and have joined the Administration team

Interesting.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
DivineFire wrote:and have joined the Administration team

Interesting.

[redacted by Papist; no personal attacks]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

H20, 91, Musketeer925 -> Out
Divinefire -> In

Couldn't think of a more terrible development, lol. Good staff members who did a lot for the community leave, the bad, arrogant ones who have never done anything are in.

Well this fucking sucks.

n0eL is a good nomination though, that's something at least.

edit:

DivineFire wrote:I have joined the Administration team, Mitoe left that out I guess. :P

probably a good reason for that haha

Sigh, shit like this makes you wanna puke.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's like this site is a battleship and it just got hit by 4 torpedos

Mitoe & goodspeed, don't you dare leave.

I hope that this crippling blow does not kill ESOC.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

When I left the site some time ago, part of the rationale behind leaving was that with _H2O, Mitoe, 91, Goodspeed and Musketeer925, ESOC was probably in a damn good spot. I personally felt that my contributions compared to those people were quite light, so I decided to leave instead of holding an empty title. When I left, I was thinking that with the team I mentioned above, things probably couldn't go wrong. ESOC was in safe hands and going in the right direction.

_H2O, though I did not agree with all of his decisions, has a 95% approval rate from me nonetheless. He was really good at putting projects into motion and getting things started (don't underestimate this part). I have a healthy amount of respect for what he has done for ESOC: backend for the site, setting up new servers, managing database, paying up the ridiculous amount of money proboards scammed from him, managing ASC with mitoe. Thank you, _H2O.

Mitoe, thankfully is still here. He's done a great job at managing ASC with _H2O. He's reliable and friendly and above all, bring stability to the team by since he's always so damn friendly, as well as a good listener. Running a tournament with cash money on the line is no easy responsibility and I think that Mitoe has been very good at doing that. Thanks Mitoe; you better stick around though.

Goodspeed, the driving force behind the patch. Cannot be understated. Enough said, if I go too much into it people will call me out for saying good things about a friend ("get off his dick, you cock-sucker"). Thanks mate, you also better stick around.

Musketeer925 has done so much in terms of web development and patch development. Above all, he figured out how to protect the community from the infamous moesbar hack. He's invested a LOT of time and energy into things: patch launcher, web development, modding the patch changes, linking the patch with our server, the list just goes on and it would take a while for me to list it entirely. A very, very friendly and calm person, excellent insight and attitude. The volumes of things you've brought to the table, not just for ESOC but for the AoE3 community, is quite enormous. Thank you; but also stick around please.

91. So similar to Musketeer925. Friendly, excellent insight, all that good shit. You're a damn good guy 91 and you've done a lot of web development for the site itself. The forums look better and have many nice functionalities now thanks to you. I'm unsure of the exact details of what you've done; only that you together with Musketeer925 just brought this site up to standards excellently and helped out so much with site migration. ESOC would not be where it is today without you.

Thankfully we still have Mitoe and goodspeed on board, but ESOC has just been dealt a HUGE blow. Really sad to see that, but I guess that this project does ask for a non-trivial investment of time.

Thanks guys, for all you've done. Regardless of what anyone may say, it's truly added value for the AoE3 community.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the great mankle has been abdicated
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah I'm kind of curious as to what Divine has ever done to deserve a position at the top of the site, lol. Can we hear the rationale behind that? To be fair, it wasn't even mentioned in the news post, lol

Edit: anyway, to nuance things a little

So far out of divine all I've seen is mostly conceited behavior and flaming (e.g. vs Metis and also on private channels). I don't really think that a guy like him particularly deserves a shot at being admin.

However, now he has his shot I guess, as underserving as it is, he might as well get an honest chance to prove himself. The most positive thing to do is to give him a chance to turn over a new leaf, and also give him a chance to be constructive and helpful. I'm going to take all my doubts and misgivings and shove them aside for now; let's give him a chance and try to reset our own views as well. If everyone makes an effort towards a fresh start, I'm sure that this development can be a positive one. Probably the most mature answer here.