Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC Tournaments Reforms & Media Team Going Forward

Post by momuuu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Jerom wrote:6 man group stage pls

You have no power here.

The group stages won't work I think, its just too messy and people are too unreliable and the media team won't punish hard enough to make it work. Last time around some groups had players that didn't play at all (4 players, no games played). It was very hard to even make a judgement in some but it was often decided that the ones with arguably the most effort would advance. A good chunk of those players that advanced then didnt end up playing in the bracket stages. Meanwhile, some groups had a lot of active players that ended up getting screwed because they barely lost in a rough group despite putting in a lot of effort to get games played. If you'd mix two of these groups Im sure these more active players would have easily advanced, and all players putting in effort would at least get to play some games.

At first sight 6 man groups make it seem harder to schedule shit, but I think if you think about it a second time it makes things easier. You have to play games to get yourself in the top 3, because there will always be people playing games. Admin decisions become easier too, most of the time, and theres usually more games to play which seems fun to me.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Mitoe wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:I can't wait to veto Arkansas.

SAME.

Maybe they will fix hunt spawn in the meantime.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I know someone who may be interested in the media team spot!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I know someone who may be interested in the media team spot!

Congratulations. As that original post says, feel free to tell that someone to PM Mr_Bramboy.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

I PM'ed @Mr_Bramboy myself. Looking forward to hearing back. :love:

HYPE
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Jerom wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Jerom wrote:6 man group stage pls

You have no power here.

The group stages won't work I think, its just too messy and people are too unreliable and the media team won't punish hard enough to make it work. Last time around some groups had players that didn't play at all (4 players, no games played). It was very hard to even make a judgement in some but it was often decided that the ones with arguably the most effort would advance. A good chunk of those players that advanced then didnt end up playing in the bracket stages. Meanwhile, some groups had a lot of active players that ended up getting screwed because they barely lost in a rough group despite putting in a lot of effort to get games played. If you'd mix two of these groups Im sure these more active players would have easily advanced, and all players putting in effort would at least get to play some games.

At first sight 6 man groups make it seem harder to schedule shit, but I think if you think about it a second time it makes things easier. You have to play games to get yourself in the top 3, because there will always be people playing games. Admin decisions become easier too, most of the time, and theres usually more games to play which seems fun to me.

Why not post/request this intern :p
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

MCJim wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why not discuss it publicly and keep it secret?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Ok time to stop flaming Jerom I guess, hes no longer mod theres no point.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Time to stop holding back. Your attitude is pretty cancerous ovi, you're always nitpicking on esoc and shit. It was a demotivating factor when I still tried to do things.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

MCJim wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I couldnt be bothered to actually defend the statement. I did mention it a few times though and its pretty logical really.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Jerom wrote:Time to stop holding back. Your attitude is pretty cancerous ovi, you're always nitpicking on esoc and shit. It was a demotivating factor when I still tried to do things.

:salt: :salt:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Jerom wrote:Time to stop holding back. Your attitude is pretty cancerous ovi, you're always nitpicking on esoc and shit. It was a demotivating factor when I still tried to do things.

Yeah that's a terrible attitude imo. I don't understand all these anti ESOC guys, it makes no sense.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lol

edit: just let bygones be bygones

sometimes it's hard to contribute to esoc and then you get rekt on all sides, even if you're just trying to bring something good to the table. at this time, take it from personal experience, just step back, take a break, come back when you've let the drama leave your memory
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Diarouga wrote:

Yeah that's a terrible attitude imo. I don't understand all these anti ESOC guys, it makes no sense.

Diaroug starts hosting a tournament and his opinion rotates 180 degrees
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Kinda hard to ask people to stay on-topic when OP is going off-topic himself, but I think it would still be for the best.

So please
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Seriously ? Ok ovi sometimes asks too many questions and likes to debate hard (including about details) but hes nowhere near cancerous. Hes always open to constructive discussion and respectful. Not sure why you go so hard on him here.

@ovi12 marry me ? :love:
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

First of all, for the millionth time, I wish people showed the basic respect of doing 1 more click and quoting or pinging, so that I am least notified when someone talks to/about me. I might have never seen this if Kaiser didn't quote me.

Second, besides my other comment in this tread, I don't even remember when the last time was that I said something that could even be construed as "nitpicking". Maybe you are still hung up about me criticizing you for your grammar or something, I guess you never realized that much of the stuff I say is just some light joking/trolling.

Third, if I was really affecting you negatively so much, I'm not sure why you didn't bring it up while you were mod also, at least in PM.

On the very rare cases that I do seriously criticize on ESOC, it's mainly because this site is marketed as being "completely run by the community", but public opinion is so often ignored (see polls made about the "like" feature, blacklist, etc. ). I would have no problem if ESOC said "ok, we do all the work so we'll make all the decisions". But sometimes it gets very annoying when ESOC is marketed the way it is, while at the same time decisions are made secretively and are handed down as final decrees from an ivory tower.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:

@ovi12 marry me ? :love:

Maybe, if @r4go is up for 3 :love:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Pretty sure Jerom was just joking. Or if he wasn't, I'll have his head. No one messes with my once fellow captain training partner like that.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

As I've said before, I fear map vetoing will prove detrimental to map-pool diversity. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how the slated changes turn out.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

zoom wrote:As I've said before, I fear map vetoing will prove detrimental to map-pool diversity. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how the slated changes turn out.

The tournament admins will ensure map diversity will still be relevant.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Christ, I am so hyped for the next tournament group stages!