No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Sign ups are opened for the ESOC Autumn Tournament 2017!

Post by tedere12 »

I think we should all focus more on the fact that I wasn't seeded despite the fact that I was a ro32 player in the last tourney
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

n0el wrote:@Kaiserklein it’s seeded the same as every other event. The Top 16 from the last seasonal and then the top Elo. How about we regenerate and you get Rapha in your region of the bracket. Be there you’d complain more then.

For one thing, you call it "the last seasonal", while in the rules it's written "the last event". So are you seeding according to TWC or to Spring top 16? This would maybe help to make it a bit clearer.

For another, you don't answer my points. Depending on which tourney stats you using for seeding, Mitoe is seeded either #2 (TWC, diarouga didn't sign up) or #3 (Spring, backstar didn't sign up). Either way it's a top seed, so why would he face h2o so early? A top elo player? He should be facing one of the last seeds, like #30 or whatever, being most likely some pr 30 guy, and not one of the best players ever.
About the aiz-samwise-lordraphael trio: lordraphael has #1 seed (considering the seeding is based on spring stats), so how can he find top players in RO16? They both probably have a very high elo. And it's even more stupid that either samwise or aiz will be kicked from the tourney in ro32... Aizamk won the last tourney, Lordraphael made it three times to the finals I think, and Samwise won a tourney, why would two of these guys get kicked in RO32/RO16??
Also please do something about jakey being seeded... It's totally retarded. Place dicktator instead, for example.

Hiding behind the "it's the same as every other event" thing doesn't change the fact that those brackets are stupid atm. Maybe it just means you should review your seeding system, then.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

And yea I can imagine that people who skipped the last tourney, plus elo not being accurate, makes the brackets broken like that. But in the end, what matters is that these brackets are bad. I'd rather have someone manually and subjectively change them to something that makes sense, than having a seeding process that generates fucked up brackets. Maybe the 16 seeded + 16 top elo thing just doesn't work properly...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Well I don’t disagree but there has to be some standard process otherwise all the complaints come on the other side.
mad cuz bad
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:For another, you don't answer my points. Depending on which tourney stats you using for seeding, Mitoe is seeded either #2 (TWC, diarouga didn't sign up) or #3 (Spring, backstar didn't sign up). Either way it's a top seed, so why would he face h2o so early? A top elo player? He should be facing one of the last seeds, like #30 or whatever, being most likely some pr 30 guy, and not one of the best players ever.
About the aiz-samwise-lordraphael trio: lordraphael has #1 seed (considering the seeding is based on spring stats), so how can he find top players in RO16? They both probably have a very high elo. And it's even more stupid that either samwise or aiz will be kicked from the tourney in ro32... Aizamk won the last tourney, Lordraphael made it three times to the finals I think, and Samwise won a tourney, why would two of these guys get kicked in RO32/RO16??
Also please do something about jakey being seeded... It's totally retarded. Place dicktator instead, for example.

Hiding behind the "it's the same as every other event" thing doesn't change the fact that those brackets are stupid atm. Maybe it just means you should review your seeding system, then.

@Kaiserklein has some valid points, only one from aiz-samwise-lordraphael can make to RO8. This bracket not only doesn't make sense but also depriving the viewer some good games in later rounds.
#trainableSpahi
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The top32 seeds are currently as follows:

Prince was preseeded by Elo due to using a different account than last event.
dicktator really does have lower Elo on his Conquerer999 account than jakey and risi, and that's the account he's signed up with.
Results from WC Classic tournament aren't taken into account, this was a side tournament with special rules in place.

@momuuu taking into account the above, seeds appear to be correct from a technical standpoint.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

n0el wrote:Well I don’t disagree but there has to be some standard process otherwise all the complaints come on the other side.

You still have to fix this for jackey, it's very unfair to diktator (I tried also to increase my elo and I miss 50 pts, so I feel like this isn't fair that jackey who shouldn't get out of group stage can be in RO32...)
Otherwise, can you give me pansito for next tourney @Kaiserklein ? Or maybe I can ask diarouga for NaturePhoenix or smthg...
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Dicktator still doesn’t get seeded. Duck does. Ether way he’s in the same pod so it really doesn’t matter in that case.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So the preseeding is whats fucking shit up because that means that in the RO16 the best seeded players will play the best ELO players.
Germany Runtius
Musketeer
ESO: Runtius

Post by Runtius »

Should we create our own scheduling threads for group stage or will they be made by admin like every time?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

n0el wrote:Dicktator still doesn’t get seeded. Duck does. Ether way he’s in the same pod so it really doesn’t matter in that case.

It does ofc, it is the same thing for queenofdestiny to have duck instead of jackey in her group ? jackey would have no way go out of group stage. Btw considering that's Butifle's account, he shouldn't even be able to sign up with this siince Butifle already signed up
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

bwinner1 wrote:
n0el wrote:Dicktator still doesn’t get seeded. Duck does. Ether way he’s in the same pod so it really doesn’t matter in that case.

It does ofc, it is the same thing for queenofdestiny to have duck instead of jackey in her group ? jackey would have no way go out of group stage. Btw considering that's Butifle's account, he shouldn't even be able to sign up with this siince Butifle already signed up

who told you its Butifle's account?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Runtius wrote:Should we create our own scheduling threads for group stage or will they be made by admin like every time?

Like every time.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

bwinner1 wrote:

That assumes jakey would get seed 33 which isn’t true. Anyways it’s something to improve upon in the future.
mad cuz bad
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

tedere12 wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:

who told you its Butifle's account?

I met Butifle on this account several times...
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I actually don't know anything about Jakey as a player but if it is just a PR20 boosted account by someone else then I think it's fair for the tournament admins to switch that account into the groups and put the 33th highest seed in the bracket? Can that be manually accomplished?

With regards to the seeding method, yea it's not ideal, but since the prizes have changed to being top heavy it's not a huge issue as the best guy will still win. But yea in the current system you have positions like 16th/17th seed will always be the worst (aiz and sam here) as you have to face one of the highest elos in ro32 then #1 seed in ro16. I had it happen to me where erik and me had 16/17 so that was ro32 and then h20 in ro16. Best seeds to get are usually between 5-11.

I thought we were going to start using the ESOC ladder soon? Maybe for the next event just only seed say top 4 from the last event and everyone else from the new elo ladder?

Either way as a viewer it's a good bracket, I like to see some good matches early on. :lol:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

WickedCossack wrote:Can that be manually accomplished?

Yes. I went through the signups, and since I don't actually play this game and didn't consult every top player I might've missed one or two boosted accounts or smurfs. We'll either move or remove the accounts in question as soon as possible.

WickedCossack wrote:I thought we were going to start using the ESOC ladder soon? Maybe for the next event just only seed say top 4 from the last event and everyone else from the new elo ladder?

The ESOC ladder is still in beta, and not fit to be used for tournaments unfortunately.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The one time judgement would be appropriate...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thanks for clarifying Eaglemut, this table helps.

EAGLEMUT wrote:Prince was preseeded by Elo due to using a different account than last event.

Should it really matter? It's the same player, so he should be seeded according to his tourney results imo.

EAGLEMUT wrote:Results from WC Classic tournament aren't taken into account, this was a side tournament with special rules in place.

I see, though you guys should probably change the rules then, and make it more clear. But no big deal

n0el wrote:Well I don’t disagree but there has to be some standard process otherwise all the complaints come on the other side.

Yes, you need a standard process, otherwise people will accuse esoc of being subjective in their seeding. However, maybe the standard process should be improved, as it has already been pointed out. Though I have no clue how!
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I think for future Tournaments we should consider the following system:
Top seeds go to all Tournament (no invitationals) winners (most recent top)
Next seeds go to 2nd place finishes (most recent top)
Next seeds go to all 3rd places finishes (most recent top)
Next seeds go to all 4th place finishes (most recent top)
Next seeds go to RO8 from most recent Seasonal tourny
Rest of the seeds by 1v1 ELO

This would have given us:
1 Aizamk
(Blackstar)
2 LordRaphael
3 H2O
4 Samwise
(Diarouga)
(Acergame)
5 Mitoe
6 Kaiserklein
7 Mongo10
(Kynesie)
8 Goongoon
(Veni)
(IrishFaithful)
(MusketJr)
(Nagayumi)
9 Snoww
10 Tit
11 Stanley
Rest by ELO so I guess Prince might be next

Sorry for the amount of text ;-)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Runtius wrote:Should we create our own scheduling threads for group stage or will they be made by admin like every time?

Like every time.

Im new to this also, and I wonder about stuff; like why does the bracked only contain nr 1 and 2 in the groups? Im nr 3 - and not in this bracket. What does that mean? Am I not in the tournament? or is there a second bracket?

Should a player PM his oponent to schedule games? Should I record the game, in what way? who should I send it to?
I have lots of questions, and cannot seem to find the answers.
Simply saying that it is "like every time" is just not good enough for a new signed up to tournament. If there are some info to this, somewhere, I would like to be given a link, please :P

PS: the link saying "more info" are empty :huh:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Prince was preseeded by Elo due to using a different account than last event.

Should it really matter? It's the same player, so he should be seeded according to his tourney results imo.

It should not matter, we simply did not notice this in time before people already began sharing the brackets everywhere. Now it's tough to regenerate the whole thing when so many people have seen and expect these brackets to stand.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@spanky4ever viewtopic.php?f=399&t=12517#p264220

There will be threads created for you to schedule, and you will be tagged in them so you just have to wait for the notifications. You record the game by checking the "Record Game" box in the room. You submit your matches via the Results Submitter.
Pay more attention to detail.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

@Kaiserklein we have already discussed a new system. It should improve this drastically
mad cuz bad