On the resource checking...

No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Re: On the resource checking...

Post by dave_12 »

_LeGiT wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So go play tetris lol. What a load of bullshit.

are u a morron? or you just cant read? I was trying to make a point that playing this game when you ALWAYS have symmetrical maps with 3 hunts would be super boring.
Having random spawns and maybe a shift towards one mapside in hunts or mines is a necessary part of the game.

Go play tetris.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

dicktator_ wrote:Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Rehosts should be avoided if possible, but it's not the end of the world if a caster makes a bad rehost call. It doesn't take more than 1-2 mins of the players/viewers time.

It's not just that. It's preventing certain spawns to happen. Basically it's a tendency to conform maps to a very dull standard. Not to mention I've seen casters rehost ok spawns and allow unfair spawns.
I'm not saying maps shouldn't be rehosted. I'm just saying to improve the decision making.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Indeed I don't think someone else than you complains about this @Garja , so if you want you can just tell the casters that you don't mind missing some hunts/mines when you play and they won't rehost.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I think you didn't get my point.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No one does
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

lol
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

It's pretty simple.
Garja wants variety on, not just maps, but FAIR map spawns.

How do you have such a long discussion when its so simple
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

because of egos, ain't no proper discussion without completely ignoring the actual point
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

The problem is he's always pissed when his maps are rehosted, no matter how unfair the spawn was. For him as long as you have the "minimum guaranteed" resources, everything is fine. So having only 1 hunt when your opponent has 3 on fertile crescent is fine because 1 hunt is enough, you know. And obviously, because he made the map, he knows much better than everyone else what a fair spawn is, and since his opinion is actually the absolute truth (he calls his own ideas "facts" usually), he has the right to school 90% of the community
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Exactly.
Except I do care about the fairness of the map which is the whole point of this thread.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:The problem is he's always pissed when his maps are rehosted, no matter how unfair the spawn was. For him as long as you have the "minimum guaranteed" resources, everything is fine. So having only 1 hunt when your opponent has 3 on fertile crescent is fine because 1 hunt is enough, you know. And obviously, because he made the map, he knows much better than everyone else what a fair spawn is, and since his opinion is actually the absolute truth (he calls his own ideas "facts" usually), he has the right to school 90% of the community

This.

There is some point that sometimes maps are rehosted when its okay ("this 4th hunt is just a bit closer and this player is missing his 7th hunt lets rehost") but the time garja started complaining was with an atrocious spawn that was not competitive in any sense.