Scheduling For Dummies

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Scheduling For Dummies

Post by zoom »

Please schedule by giving a specific time-window, of any length you wish, during which you are available to play. Please avoid just asking your opponent when it can play, without giving a time-window, as well as using generic time slots such as "anytime" or "Saturday".

Finally, if your series is subject to betting, please consider playing during the weekend, and avoid playing during the first few days of a round, if suitable.

Thank you!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Scheduling For Dummies

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ey dummie you made a double thread
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:Please schedule by giving a specific time-window, of any length you wish, during which you are available to play. Please avoid just asking your opponent when it can play, without giving a time-window, as well as using generic time slots such as "anytime" or "Saturday".

Finally, if your series is subject to betting, please consider playing during the weekend, and avoid playing during the first few days of a round, if suitable.

Thank you!

play now?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:Please schedule by giving a specific time-window, of any length you wish, during which you are available to play. Please avoid just asking your opponent when it can play, without giving a time-window, as well as using generic time slots such as "anytime" or "Saturday".

Thank you!

hi, play when?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Thank you!

hi lets play this week
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Thank you!

Hi i dont know my timezone and i dont know what gmt means, lets play at 22h my local time?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Also, everyone just bet against me please.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

hey. this is my first post in the scheduling thread, but I was online yesterday, how come we didn't play?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Play now?
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

lemmings121 wrote:

Thank you!

Hi i dont know my timezone and i dont know what gmt means, lets play at 22h my local time?

ready? im waiting
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Thank you!

Curious, why avoid using "anytime" as a time window, it's basically saying, "whatever time you pick I'll play it", what's wrong with that?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

If it's literal, then that's fine (it's the same as giving a time-window, after all). The only problem could be that neither player decides on an actual time. Lets just say I've experience with it happening.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

blackwidow wrote:Curious, why avoid using "anytime" as a time window, it's basically saying, "whatever time you pick I'll play it", what's wrong with that?

It's like when you ask your significant other where they wants to get dinner, and they say "I don't care". Even if they don't, it is totally unhelpful for the decision process.

My suggestion if you really are available any time would be something like this:

Hey, I'm available pretty much any time. My time zone is EST (-5 GMT).

A couple of really good times for me would be Tuesday at 17:00 GMT and Thursday at 19:00 GMT. Let me know if one of these work for you, or feel free to suggest another time slot.

That way scheduling can be accomplished in a minimum of 1 post from each person if one of your time slots works for them. Otherwise, with "anytime", the other player will have to suggest a time and get confirmation from you that you're *actually* available at that time.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

It's time to bring this up again :flowers:
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Moved the thread since this is indeed relevant again (and funny). Made a shadow thread in the old board that links to this thread.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'm here now where you?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

This might be helpful too, for players new to the forums. Go to my-esoc.php (by clicking on your username in the top-right and clicking "MyESOC") and you can see your local time and the current time at GMT+0. If your local time is 2 hours later, you are GMT+2. If your local time is 6 hours earlier, you are GMT-6.

Is your local time not correct? In that case, you probably selected the wrong country. Change your locating by selecting a different flag at the bottom of this page: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info. Your local time is based on the country flag you choose, not on what you write in the "Location" field.

Now that I think about it, how cool would it be if you could see the local time of your opponent, right there in the scheduling thread. Would only work if everyone selected the right country though.

EDIT: seems like the local time is based on your browser.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

edeholland wrote:Is your local time not correct? In that case, you probably selected the wrong country. Change your locating by selecting a different flag at the bottom of this page: ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info. Your local time is based on the country flag you choose, not on what you write in the "Location" field.

Now that I think about it, how cool would it be if you could see the local time of your opponent, right there in the scheduling thread. Would only work if everyone selected the right country though.

This is incorrect, the displayed time is not affected by selected flag, and can not even be as you propose it, since some countries span multiple timezones. It is not possible to implement unless everyone would manually input their exact timezone and we would handle such a field in the profile.

The displayed local time is based on what's reported as local time by the user's web browser.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I stand corrected. Don't know where I got the flag thing from.