Oh and @loloekie10 you should really cast more i enjoyed it

Thanks, nice to hear!
I probably will cast more often.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Re: kaiserklein vs conquerer999

Post by SoldieR »

Apart from the 4 culv donation, that game 2 was truly spectacular cannon micro.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeahs ggs wp.

[spoiler=spoiler]G1 I was originally planning to go otto but I was told that Kaiser was likely to otto as well and that I'd have a better chance with ATP Spain than in the mirror. It looked okay until I sloppily lost a falc, after that point I pretty much felt like I had no chance (also I was really confused about card order).

G2 my plan was always to go Dutch. I figured Kaiser would Russia on this map so I practiced the matchup a couple times with kingofosmane obsing and pointing out what was wrong with my BO. I guess my build was good because I somehow managed to win despite the fact that I literally lost 40+ vills to raids. I don't know if it was the lag or the matchup or both that allowed me to win but it didn't feel like I deserved it. I guess I played well otherwise but losing 40+ vills to raids is inexcusable sloppy play.

G3 I didn't know what to do. My original plan was to play ports and semi with some boats but after playing VS osmane on both sides of the matchup we decided ports would have no chance against germany and that I'd be better off playing India. Unfortunately I felt like my Agra was too slow and that combined with the sepoy nerf would make my sepoy rush useless so I boomed behind the agra instead, but what I did felt too slow and really useless against germany's age 3 army.

G4 was just really frustrating. I wanted to FB mid and try to use my age 2 advantage to control the tp line but the tomahawk treasure shut that down. I guess I can blame myself because there was a tomahawk treasure on my side of the map as well which I should've scouted, and my explorer shouldn't be walking on his side of the map if he has a tomahawk treasure (I need to start watching which treasures my opponent gets). It's still really frustrating how quickly the tomahawk advantage snowballs in the hands of a good player.[/spoiler]

If not for the last minute practice games with kingofosmane it would've been a clean 3-0 sweep so I'm grateful for that. GL in the next round.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

loloekie10 wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Good series
Oh and @loloekie10 you should really cast more i enjoyed it

Thanks, nice to hear!
I probably will cast more often.

Please do!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

dicktator_ wrote:G2 my plan was always to go Dutch. I figured Kaiser would Russia on this map so I practiced the matchup a couple times with kingofosmane obsing and pointing out what was wrong with my BO. I guess my build was good because I somehow managed to win despite the fact that I literally lost 40+ vills to raids. I don't know if it was the lag or the matchup or both that allowed me to win but it didn't feel like I deserved it. I guess I played well otherwise but losing 40+ vills to raids is inexcusable sloppy play.

I think I should have shipped falcs faster in fortress, to pressure you a bit, and later on I should have made culvs much earlier instead of wasting my entire CA army to snipe your art, and add a few falcs of my own. I would have probably been fine then, especially with these raids yeah. But I feel like it's really hard for russia against dutch on no TP map, I literally can't ever push into CM in colo and I don't think I can contain you by staying colo either (you can just make falcs and ruyts). And in early-mid fortress, dutch just feels way faster than russia. Only in late game it feels like russia gets a chance to outscale, but I don't think russia should be able to reach that point.

dicktator_ wrote:G3 I didn't know what to do. My original plan was to play ports and semi with some boats but after playing VS osmane on both sides of the matchup we decided ports would have no chance against germany and that I'd be better off playing India. Unfortunately I felt like my Agra was too slow and that combined with the sepoy nerf would make my sepoy rush useless so I boomed behind the agra instead, but what I did felt too slow and really useless against germany's age 3 army.

You could have probably tried to go for a kind of semi water play into age up, like somppu did against uhlan. I actually expected that, I even took a deck with warships. Not sure if it really wins against germany, but it's probably better than what you did.

dicktator_ wrote:G4 was just really frustrating. I wanted to FB mid and try to use my age 2 advantage to control the tp line but the tomahawk treasure shut that down. I guess I can blame myself because there was a tomahawk treasure on my side of the map as well which I should've scouted, and my explorer shouldn't be walking on his side of the map if he has a tomahawk treasure (I need to start watching which treasures my opponent gets). It's still really frustrating how quickly the tomahawk advantage snowballs in the hands of a good player.

Honestly I usually wouldn't lame with these nats like I did, even in tourney. The thing is I noticed you took a nat before we rehosted the first Iowa spawn, so I was afraid that it was part of your plan to just get that kind of treas to deny my tp. So I decided to take them myself when I saw that toma treasure. And then, taking that 80f was a mistake (it's not only a pretty bad treasure, but it also was in the middle of the map. There was literally 50% chance that I would find it, the other 50% being me scouting the other side of the map, on the opposite TP). On a side note, it was a cherokee that you had next to your base, and that guy just so happens to have a *2 multiplier against the tomahawk, so you would have been really fine if you took that.
I guess I could have decided to just not abuse my nats and let you take a TP, but it just felt stupid at that point in a tourney. But yeah I completely agree that those treasures are annoying and frustrating, and should probably be tweaked.

dicktator_ wrote:If not for the last minute practice games with kingofosmane it would've been a clean 3-0 sweep so I'm grateful for that. GL in the next round.

Thanks, and wp by you, the series was honestly better than I expected.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Anyone notice in the klondike game, dicks second falc got bounce hit x2. Pretty sure one falc shot at it and the cannon ball hit then bounced off the tp and hit again very rapidly.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Anyone notice in the klondike game, dicks second falc got bounce hit x2. Pretty sure one falc shot at it and the cannon ball hit then bounced off the tp and hit again very rapidly.

Reminds me of someone losing a full hp vill in an Indian mirror on Cascade Range to a single Agra shot.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Mitoe wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:Anyone notice in the klondike game, dicks second falc got bounce hit x2. Pretty sure one falc shot at it and the cannon ball hit then bounced off the tp and hit again very rapidly.

Reminds me of someone losing a full hp vill in an Indian mirror on Cascade Range to a single Agra shot.

Bugs in tourny games happen too often. That agra one shotting that vil was hilarious but also super lame. Things like that can you just throw your mental game too aswell as the ingame effect.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rofl now I understand. In game I was like "fuck I forgot he has one falc left, I could have killed it directly with my 2 falcs". Then targeted his falc with my own, but was thinking "too late now, my falc is already half hp". And in fact his falc died in one shot. Was confused but now it makes sense, that sucks actually
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

kaiser sucks!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Rofl now I understand. In game I was like "fuck I forgot he has one falc left, I could have killed it directly with my 2 falcs". Then targeted his falc with my own, but was thinking "too late now, my falc is already half hp". And in fact his falc died in one shot. Was confused but now it makes sense, that sucks actually

tbh at the point in the fight, the falcs werent even that relevant. im quite sure he couldve just crushed your army. but he was way too indecisive and scared. then when he fought you had a lot more hussars and some more jans, and he also took a terrible angle. and he forgot about his wardogs.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

WickedCossack wrote:
Mitoe wrote:

Bugs in tourny games happen too often. That agra one shotting that vil was hilarious but also super lame. Things like that can you just throw your mental game too aswell as the ingame effect.

wouldnt even call that a bug its just how the engine works.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Here's the thing. You said a "jackdaw is a crow."

Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.

As someone who is a scientist who studies crows, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls jackdaws crows. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "crow family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Corvidae, which includes things from nutcrackers to blue jays to ravens.

So your reasoning for calling a jackdaw a crow is because random people "call the black ones crows?" Let's get grackles and blackbirds in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A jackdaw is a jackdaw and a member of the crow family. But that's not what you said. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

deleted_user wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Here's the thing. You said a "jackdaw is a crow."

Jack Daw is a crow.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I heard my girlfriend squeal in the other room. Recognizing this standard international sign of woman in distress (“weak female let down by male protection") I come in and ask, "What's the matter?" She responds, "There's a giant insect crawling on the wall." I see what is wrong at a glance and say comfortingly, “Don't worry. We'll fix that in a jiffy,” noting its eight legs, not six, as an insect has.

To prove my determination, I ask for her encyclopedia . I do not ask if she is capable of discriminating between an insect and an arachnid herself because I know – she is about twenty three, smartly dressed and made-up – that she is not. Since she cannot find her encyclopedia , I fetch my own, together with my other tools. Five minutes later the job is done and the arachnid is discriminated from the insect. My hands are covered in sweat. She offers me a paper towel, which I politely refuse. I have kleenex for such occasions in my room.

She might have been there till dusk, she says (with undetected sarcasm) had I not come. I make no reply and, as she begins to go back to watching Netflix, I gallantly retrieve the remote for her. Through the long corridor back to my bedroom I advise her to kill the crawling arachnid on the wall and she promises to get her male friend to see to it that very evening. Then she presses play.

As I collect my encyclopedias and get back to my own bedroom, I wish I could wipe my hands. My feet – I had been standing on the cold tile without socks – are not as warm as they should be (I am warm blooded). What is more, I will have to hurry to keep my next chaturbate queue. As I boot Tor I think, Women! One's more stupid than the next. I wonder what she would have done if I had not been there to distinguish between an insect and an arachnid for her. I put my finger on the mouse wheel and scroll off – faster than usual. There is the delay to make up. After a while I start to hum to myself. In a way, I am happy.

(It's almost too easy to parody: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=9183&p=273468#p273493 -- as if it's parody in itself!)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:tbh at the point in the fight, the falcs werent even that relevant. im quite sure he couldve just crushed your army. but he was way too indecisive and scared. then when he fought you had a lot more hussars and some more jans, and he also took a terrible angle. and he forgot about his wardogs.

Which fight are you talking about? I rewatched and after I killed a falc for free, there didn't seem to be a point where he could crush me. He did have more mass at some point, but we need to take into account that a lot of units (rods, musks, huss) were unupgraded, that having one less falc is a big deal, that his lancers would do nothing against my mass of huss... And then after that I was just outmassing
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Just before and after you killed his falc, his army was superior imo. He couldve just ignored the falc and cleaned up your army. Cav on your jans. Skirs on your jans. Rods and goons on your cav. Dogs on your cannons. From there its get swiss pikes and deal with mams and gg.

But when he took the fight you just peaked mass, so it was a bad moment for him to fight
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

The Flying Jackdaw is a heavy Chinese artillery unit that can only be trained at the Confucian Academy or shipped from the Home City. Similar to the Rocket, the Flying Jackdaw sends a gunpowder-powered missile that does heavy damage against units
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:Just before and after you killed his falc, his army was superior imo. He couldve just ignored the falc and cleaned up your army. Cav on your jans. Skirs on your jans. Rods and goons on your cav. Dogs on your cannons. From there its get swiss pikes and deal with mams and gg.

But when he took the fight you just peaked mass, so it was a bad moment for him to fight

From what I've seen, he didn't quite have the mass to do that. Right after killing his falc I got another batch of huss out, making it 14 vet huss. He just had 4 goons, 9 colo rods and 5 colo musks. My cav would just block everything at that point, and the falcs would dps his anti cav. Then he had skirms to snipe my jans but it doesn't matter so much in that scenario, as it's more interesting to have my jans blocking his cav and anti cav (protecting 2 falcs) than to have skirms shooting jans one by one. I'm not really talking about the 2 colo huss and 5 lancers since they're not very good against my mass of vet huss.
Plus, it's much easier to micro my jan/huss/falc army than his 6-units composition (even 7 if you consider lancers and huss as different units, and 8 if you take dogs into account...). I doubt he would have won that fight.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

if he wouldve attacked when he shouldve, then you wouldve only gotten your 5 more huss in the middle of the fight. during that fight, he can keep training more wardogs, and you should quickly have nothing left to kill his goons since you lost the rax.. im quite confident that spain mass and combo will overtake what you had, although it depends on micro in that case for sure. so its not like it was a hopeless engagement for otto, but i think spain definitely had the upperhand there. also if his cav immediately went forward when you took out 1 falc, your jans would be in front line and dropping fast to the lancers and skirs. he only has to keep the 9 rods in reserve, as he was 13 pop up, thats not a big deal. and thats not counting the wardogs.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

teach us dutchlucifer
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

umeu = dutch
lucifer = metaphora for umeu's personality
dutchlucider
dutchlucifer = umeu
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:if he wouldve attacked when he shouldve, then you wouldve only gotten your 5 more huss in the middle of the fight. during that fight, he can keep training more wardogs, and you should quickly have nothing left to kill his goons since you lost the rax.. im quite confident that spain mass and combo will overtake what you had, although it depends on micro in that case for sure. so its not like it was a hopeless engagement for otto, but i think spain definitely had the upperhand there. also if his cav immediately went forward when you took out 1 falc, your jans would be in front line and dropping fast to the lancers and skirs. he only has to keep the 9 rods in reserve, as he was 13 pop up, thats not a big deal. and thats not counting the wardogs.

13 pop up, -5 because he lost a falc. As I said his pop is also fake: goons aren't really 2 pop, rods and musks are colo, 2 huss were colo, and lancers would get blocked by my huss and do not much. My jans wouldn't go forward btw, my huss would, then jans following in melee mode. Falcs would shoot these rods (only 135 hp). And the 5 cav were popping really soon after.