WoL Cheese Crumbs

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

WoL Cheese Crumbs

Post by musketeer925 »

This thread is to post potentially cheesy units/abilities/bonuses/etc that strategies could be built around for the WoL tournament. I'd like to see people hunting for stuff, and I'm not good enough to execute on the cheese too well, so I don't mind sharing. Discuss whether things are viable. :D

Image #1: Balkan civilizations with Cartographers (Greeks and Bulgaria) get 3X the resources from resource treasures. A free 50 coin treasure? Yes, I'll take that 150 coin...
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Re: WoL Cheese Crumbs

Post by CelticCrusader »

Mexican explorer can literally one shot any other explorer ( has a big multiplier vs explorers )
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Forget your enthusiasm about all kinds of bombards and enjoy the Ethiopian Sebastopol :smile: no spoiler better check them yourselves
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

columbian scaling is insane.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

Post by Bachscharfschütze »

age up costs wood, play india and win?
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I guess their broke ass goverments need the coins
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

That's like Greece then lol
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

Post by Bachscharfschütze »

princeofkabul wrote:That's like Greece then lol

lol just counterpick greece against euro civs and ask them for coin = win before 2 minutes
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Darwin_ wrote:columbian scaling is insane.

Yeah pretty insane late game. Never worrying about food.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Another cheesy unit, the fur trader, which all Anglo civs (USA, Canada ,Australia) have access to. They are a villager and explorer mix, they can only hunt animals(really good gather rate) and gather crates, but can't gather wood ,coin or from herdables. They can build tradeposts and possess a crackshot ability. On high treasure maps they are insane , Yukon or Araucania( think 2 inca in base at 2 mins) are nice .All anglo civs start with fur traders , but you can also train them from the tc(i think the build limit is 20) they cost 100 food 100 wood, kinda expensive but they are like an explorer too. Also I forgot to mention they are really quick, like CDB.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Some more cheese. Spies .

They have tons of upgrades which make them better, I would not use them much in my army, probably only vs Habsburgs since all their units are mercs. But one thing I like to do is place mines around my base with them :) You have to research this ability at the safehouse.
You can also upgrade the mine damage and they do good damage when a cluster of units roll over one. Nice trick if you are playing a more defensive style or on the back foot, but if you dare place them near the enemy base or resources, watch their units die, especially funny watching a bunch of their vills be blown up. Oh and they are fairly cheap 50 wood i think.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Another cheese crumb .

Did you know India have a special crazy unit that can be spawned thats unbeatable. The Great Kalki. Available at the Monastery. Its a guy on a horse with like a bazillion hp and attack. I have managed to spawn this monster a few times, but it has something weird coded into it where it changes resource cost a lot. Not sure why, ask the WoL team. I was told by Hoop Thrower that its impossible to get him in multiplayer games, but im sure it possible as my friend had one used on him.
Chile Jutlander
Musketeer
ESO: ???????

Post by Jutlander »

It's literally impossible to make that unit unless your opponent waits for you.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Jutlander wrote:It's literally impossible to make that unit unless your opponent waits for you.

I would disagree, its possible but highly unlikely. I have actually spawned it myself against the expert AI, so its possible. On one map it didn't cost resource either .
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

CelticCrusader wrote:Another cheese crumb .

Did you know India have a special crazy unit that can be spawned thats unbeatable. The Great Kalki. Available at the Monastery. Its a guy on a horse with like a bazillion hp and attack. I have managed to spawn this monster a few times, but it has something weird coded into it where it changes resource cost a lot. Not sure why, ask the WoL team. I was told by Hoop Thrower that its impossible to get him in multiplayer games, but im sure it possible as my friend had one used on him.

Sounds like it's intended to be a lategame tie-breaker, kind of like Spies or Blockade and how their costs vary depending on the state of the game as well.

Also, seeing as how you can only spawn it for 2 minutes before it disappears, it seems impossible to do enough damage with it for it to ever be worth more than something else.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Is Serbia OP on WOL?
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Serbia op in all.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

sirmusket wrote:Is Serbia OP on WOL?

Ofc, they have Tesla as explorer
r]
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Mitoe wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Another cheese crumb .

Sounds like it's intended to be a lategame tie-breaker, kind of like Spies or Blockade and how their costs vary depending on the state of the game as well.

Also, seeing as how you can only spawn it for 2 minutes before it disappears, it seems impossible to do enough damage with it for it to ever be worth more than something else.

Spawns for 2 minutes ? When I spawned it it stayed the rest of the game. Maybe the wol team changed that since I spawned him last.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I think if you can get the bulgarains to age 4, you can lame REALLY fast units. This civ can only make army in age 4, but they become op at age 4. I see them being really good on large maps!
Also, free priests!!!! wolololo
Attachments
wol priest hax.png
WOL Speed HAX.png
Error 404: Signature not found
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

@noissance
Bulgaria is insanely OP. Just wall like hell , get to industrial and you win . Auto win once you reach age 4. I can see it already, everyone laming Bulgaria.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

CelticCrusader wrote:@noissance
Bulgaria is insanely OP. Just wall like hell , get to industrial and you win . Auto win once you reach age 4. I can see it already, everyone laming Bulgaria.

"laming bulgaria" is not a phrase I expected to hear in any mildly historical RTS game
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

milku3459 wrote:

"laming bulgaria" is not a phrase I expected to hear in any mildly historical RTS game

Haha I never expected to hear or say that but its true. Laming Bulgaria will definitely be a thing .
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

milku3459 wrote:

What did you expect, this is WoL, not NE. :hehe:
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Actually after playing vs someone playing Bulgaria tonight (a decnt player not some conscript lol) , I doubt they win if you just rush colonial, if you leave them alone for 10 mins, then they will steam roll you. But everyone will just counter pick them . I wish bulgaria was normal, had normal units, and ones you could train. At the moment they are totally one dimensional and predictable.